Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player

asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87
I bought ESO and played a few levels back when the game first released. How has the game held up? Is it new player friendly? Or If I jumped back in on a new character will I have to solo the first 40 levels to get to play with a group? Just curious, I updated the game last night and wanna get back in later tonight, any suggested servers for someone like me? Or even better any friends to start up with?

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It's very new player friendly IMO.  The population in the lower level areas are solid, so there are plenty of opportunities for grouping.

I self identify as a monkey.

• asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Hmm thanks guys, I'm looking forward to checking things out. Maybe I'll jump into pvp. I haven't played on a pvp server since eq2 back when they released kunark! I agree the fighting mechanics felt very choppy I remember, good to hear it's more smooth now

• asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Nyctelios said:
    I'm running a PvP character on AD and I'm on a pretty great guild focused on Blackwater (under lvl 50) so add there. They are really newbie friendly and have weekly training to explain the pvp mechanics and so on. It's pretty cool.
    Okay, I'll check it out AD stands for which one?

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited September 2016
    asyndeton said:
    I bought ESO and played a few levels back when the game first released. How has the game held up? Is it new player friendly? Or If I jumped back in on a new character will I have to solo the first 40 levels to get to play with a group? Just curious, I updated the game last night and wanna get back in later tonight, any suggested servers for someone like me? Or even better any friends to start up with?
    Group if you want; solo if you want. And with the next patch level all "new and even recent" players will be boosted so they can cope with the boosted, go anywhere, zones.

@Iselin has been running a new character on the PTS server - check out the thread.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/456051/checking-out-update-12-one-tamriel-with-a-brand-new-character#latest
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm taking a break from the game right now, not because it sux, but because I have been playing 1.5 years straight.  So I am switching games, having fun playing Star Trek Online, and after a few months I will be back.  There are so many positives to this game.  Is it perfect?  No, but it is fun.

Always a good population, no matter where you are and what level.  This will only get better with Tamriel One.

You can solo 90% of the content, but this game has really good team building tools as well.

PvP is very fun, better than the last few games I tried it in.

GREAT CRAFTING.  The auction house sux though.

You can pay as much or as little as you want.  F2P is quite fun, although subbing gets you some good benefits, including access to all zones.  If you are not planning to sub, I would still sub for two months so you will have enough Crowns to buy the Wrothgar expansion,  one of the best expansions for any game I have ever played.  Getting the Imperial City expansion is a must if you are into PvP.  The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood expansions are pretty meh and totally skippalbe.

If you are bored, turn 90 degrees and just go in a straight line.  You will eventually run into something that will be cool and awesome!

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!