Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playstation Now on the PC

13»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    SEANMCAD said:
    Ridelynn said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    cheyane said:
    I think the people who find the controls on console ports to be horrible are comfortable with the controller so they notice it immediately and lament the port. For me however I am always quite grateful for the port I always try to manage and even if at times they are awkward I always forgive it easily . 
    no its the EXACT to the tee opposite of that.

before I even entered seeing you as the last post I said 'I bet he is going to make a rude statement toward me and then leave as always'

so back on topic.
    I often hear PC gamers complain about console ports to PC not taking into consideration the control schemes that PC gamers are used to. I have never seen a PC gamer complain that its harder to play a console game on the PC because they are 'used to a controller'.

Sometimes it makes me think some posts here are paid for, however with such small viewership of these forums I doubt it so it just be for realz
    The bottle says "Take meds daily". Not when you feel like it.
    mmolou
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    edited November 2018
    Wizardry said:
    I take that back,you have to STREAM the games,so at 20 bucks a month,that is an insane price to pay to play a game i would own.
    So it is $240 bucks a year and if you want to play them for years to come like we can already,then that really adds up to a lot of money.
    I guess they make a killing selling these consoles with crappy chips,so i shouldn't have expected them to undermine their console sales by simply allowing us to play on PC with no added costs.

I already pay way too much for my internet to even think about adding another 20 buck cost.
    I thought this was going to be like a legit emulator.

The cherry on top is your Xbox controller won't work with PSNOW Lol! You have to use a PS3 or PS4 controller only.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Wizardry said:
    I guess they make a killing selling these consoles with crappy chips,so i shouldn't have expected them to undermine their console sales by simply allowing us to play on PC with no added costs.

Sony sells PS4 at a loss - $60 per hardware. 
    When did they start doing that? i was under the impression that Sony was making some, if a small amount, of profit on their PS4 sales, that it was actually MS that was selling Xbox's at a loss, at least until they started selling them without kinnect. :/
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,691
    Phry said:
    Wizardry said:

When did they start doing that? i was under the impression that Sony was making some, if a small amount, of profit on their PS4 sales, that it was actually MS that was selling Xbox's at a loss, at least until they started selling them without kinnect. :/
    Since forever. But Sony is making huge profit off the Playstation family; games, licences and services. Sony has 34 million PSN plus subscribers alone. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,790
    Phry said:
    Wizardry said:

It was estimated that they sold it at a loss when it was launched.

But that's already old info, they've updated the hardware configuration and manufacturing costs have gone down over time. I don't know whether they've reduced also price enough to still sell at loss.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,299
    Vrika said:

It was estimated that they sold it at a loss when it was launched.

But that's already old info, they've updated the hardware configuration and manufacturing costs have gone down over time. I don't know whether they've reduced also price enough to still sell at loss.
    My understanding is that both companies adopted a "sell at cost" goal a while back. Hence the $499 cost of a XBox 1 X for example.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,663
    I'd resub to PSNow if they made a few changes.

1. The cost - it's a bit too high at $20/mo or $45/3-mon for just one person. If I'm paying that much for a streaming service then I want at least a couple other family members to be able to use it at once like Netflix, Prime, and Hulu.

2. PC Download - PSNow works on both PC and PS4, but it only downloads games to your PS4. It only streams them from PC. I have a gigabit fiber connection so it works great. It is a huge data pig. While it doesn't affect my ability to stream and do other things, it still uses more data than everything else combined.

It does cache some assets so it doesn't totally redownload everything every time, but it doesn't keep much and it doesn't seem to keep it for long. It felt a lot like how Spotify caches songs (even when you don't have download on) but with a shorter lifespan on the cache.

Hopefully when Microsoft and Valve and others start offering more robust streaming it will provide a little more competition and incentive for improvement.
    MrMelGibsonMadFrenchie
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    How is this possible?
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,383
    How is this possible?
    Sorry I don't understand the question. Do you mean about PSN?
    Link for PSN
    https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 841
    Female to female adapters?! You have my full attention!

Gut Out!
    SovrathJeffSpicoliMadFrenchiekitaradcheyane

What, me worry?

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Gutlard said:
    Female to female adapters?! You have my full attention!

Gut Out!
    This is so nerdy and yet so funny at the same time lol thanks gut
    MadFrenchiecheyane
    • Aloha Mr Hand !