Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion is WoD 2.0

13»

Comments

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Hit a wall where it's just a grind for no reason.  Mythics needed to do quests now, crafting not progressing, artifact requires insane grind, world quests are repetitive with minimal reward. I log in and go 'meh'.  I've decided that there is more to life than this and cancelled my account, deleted my character, donated my gold to my guildbank and am happily going to live the life of a human being, not a WoW addict that this game needs you to be in order to do anything in it.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I've spent 90% of my time in the world as opposed to my garrison/order hall. It was the opposite in WoD.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2016
    Alders said:
    I've spent 90% of my time in the world as opposed to my garrison/order hall. It was the opposite in WoD.
    On how many toons?

For me, I have to level multiple things for WoW to be fun since I dont play one class for everything in the game. For example, I like to play feral druid and rogue for pvp. Then I'll play ele shaman and frost mage for 5 mans/raids. There would honestly be one class that I would play all content as which was hunter but I wouldn't play just one spec for all content (mainly cause I dont like beast mastery for pvp, but love it in pve). Some people are the same, which works against Legion since it tries very hard to psychologically pigeon hold you into one class and in many cases one spec for a lot of things to be "competitive." At the rate when your artifact knowledge is supposed to "cap" it'll take 2-3 months due to arbitrary gating and that's assuming you remember to refresh on time. Repetition and time gates. Its not all negative that's for sure, but its definitely far from the best that the game used to be, again the best will always remaining a subjective thing though. I honestly liked MoP more than WoD and Legion so far mainly because I didn't really have to touch alts if I didn't feel like and not have this nagging feeling that I had to. Sure there were daily crafting things but it took like 5 seconds to do and I could gather all the things as a different class that I actually did like to play. I'm sure I'm not alone in leveling every class, not because I like them but because I wanted to have all crafts up and also having those classes up was good incase my main classes got nerfed and one them got a boost. Sure its nice to see people active in the world again, so world quests were definitely a step in the right direction and hopefully they carry over even though some people dont like how the rewards for them are currently done. But this whole garrison thing that they are trying to make work, needs to go. They didn't learn anything from MoP's rep system which would've helped immensely in this expansion (and could honestly be easily implemented like that they used to do the valor boost when you capped valor for the week on one toon) and also make the artifact knowledge boost account wide instead of per character which is causing a lot of angst amongst the community. A few million to finish off your final trait in a spec is always good. I get it, people will jump in and and say they need to keep the content going throughout the expansion, saying that without realizing that most people level multiple toons. On top of that, none of this artifact grind will carry over into the expansion, so just like WoD, most people will just level to cap, maybe more people will stay for pvp but ultimately wait until the next expansion date is set then come back a month or 2 before to get caught up on gear and level a little more.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Legion is what WOD should have been.  It s great.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Albatroes said:
    Alders said:
    On how many toons?

I'm a one class kind of player. Always have been and always will be.

Legion does stink as far as playing alts goes since you need to focus on your weapon advancement.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Alders said:
    Albatroes said:
    Alders said:
    On how many toons?

I'm a one class kind of player. Always have been and always will be.

Legion does stink as far as playing alts goes since you need to focus on your weapon advancement.
    Personally, I feel if they either adjusted the artifact power scaling (scaled down how much you needed per trait upgrade), lowered the artifact knowledge per toon to say 24 hour timer, or just made artifact knowledge (not artifact power) account wide, it would quell some of the angst a lot of people have. Gotta remember that the majority of the wow community leaves silently. Those people on the forums complaining usually stay and play.