Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recommendations for good MMOs?

2»

Comments

• VikingmannVikingmann Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I think most mmo's today disappoint, Its always an unreleased mmo that is the best mmo. Way to much money on hyping the game instead of actually making a good game that is good for more than a month or maybe 2 if you are lucky.
    And many of the mmos back in the day that still exist just isnt the same game anymore IMO.
    Im looking for a mmo myself, preferably with the Tank and healer role, since i really like to play a healer, but all these new mmos its all about dodging and dmg and no real tactics imo.

Secret world is worth a try if you havent played it, but you can get maxed pretty fast, and get boring pretty fast imo. Think i played it a total of maybe 3 months, and had everything maxed by that point, and had nothing more to do.

Im currently playing Age of Conan, and its not that bad.
    Waiting for Conan Exiles, looks interesting, but all depends on the combat system in that game.

Do not bother with Black desert online if you were thinking about it. 
    ESO, i got to max lvl and quit, by then i was really bored. But you might like it. I wasnt the biggest fan of the combat in that game.
  • RykimaruhRykimaruh Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Phantasy Star Online 2, it's a Japanese mmo though but there are English patches out there..

I played it, but was a pain to set it up since it's Japanese. Was nice but didn't get far :(
    waynejr2 said:
    Rykimaruh said:
    Nightlite said:
    Some quality games in that list.

ESO is missing though, and more then worth a play through.
    -ArcheAge was fun with its sandbox element and combining multiple classes, but I was told ArcheAge is essentially dead and bot still ruining game as it is

-Blade & Soul was kinda okay, it had lot of hiccups when it released so I played for a bit and stopped, don't know if it's worth going back to it now.

-GW2, haven't played since 2014 so don't know how fa it is in terms of content

-Skyforge got repetitive with dungeon queuing only type gameplay style, saw the new trailer but really hasn't grasped my interest enough

-FFXIVARR decided to give it a break until enough content has been released (at least for me) since all I've been doing was farming raids and occasionally leveling up other classes

-TERA, was fun, but super grindy as hell back in 2012, not sure how it is now

-ELOA is somewhat a casual type game for me to play since it's a point and click Diablo-esque style

-EVE is pretty much the only one from the list which I play on occasions as well for skill training and trying out new stuff CCP releases

ESO I played one closed beta session, felt like Skyrim single player with added multiplayers functionality, dunno how it is now

I thought maybe there would be either some new mmo games coming out now I'm not aware of or any "hidden gems" that could be considered

these posts are funny.   I am looking for a good game.  GOOD GAME being the key bit right.  Eventually the user has another post with a long list of games and issues and what not.  There are many good games there aren't any perfect games.

How about this, grab a game you haven't played and play to max or a few months which ever is longest. Try to find a way to enjoy it even if it doesn't have things you think make that perfect game you imagine.

Here are four games you should play to max:  EQ2, DDO, RIFT, SWTOR
     I played games from publishers like Aeria, Hi-Rez, Gpotato, Webzen (PW), NCSoft, Nexon, Mycomgames, Cryptic (Before it was bought by PW i believe) just to name a few

I know I haven't played ALL since that is impossible, but most games that see the light of day and become popular for a a while.

That's why I wanted to ask and see if maybe there are some that I may never heard or seen and may like it to freshen up. Rift I already played it as well as Defiance. SWTOR as well when it first released
  • FudoidoFudoido Member UncommonPosts: 1
    can always avoid the fantsy genre and go to sci-fi with star trek online.
    can be a bit grindy for top gear, but story graphics and gameplay is enjoyable, and for me relaxing sometimes while the ship travels through the map.
    dont have a good gaming pc atm, cant play all new stuff around (due new life abroad, had to leave my pc back in my country, bringing a low laptop only).
    RIFT was a game i enjoyed alot and played for 1 year long when it was still subbed, i would go back to it if i had some friends playing it, as i loved the non-tipical mmorpg classes where a ranger can heal, or even a mage, or a fighter can support, etc.... new expansion coming soon btw.
    apart from that, and despite the grind fest it "was" back in the beggining, aion is a nice game to play also, being currently less of a grind fest and with alot added or changed. another game i cant play due my weak laptop atm, or else i would give it a try once more, and also got an expansion recently.
  • AregadonAregadon Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I can only recommend The Secret World.
    Although the Playerbase is medium to small sized it has amazing Storytelling the combat system can put a few people off but the ambience is AAA worthy the Horror elements are fantastic and theres a fuckton of Content.
    Tho it would be better to buy the Complete Edition with Issue 5-15(1-4 are included into the basegame) There are actual Investigation missions with Puzzles where you have to use the internet (built in browser included)
    Standard Kill and Fetch Quests and a Weapon Based Class system where you can change your role on the fly by switching your skills and weapons for example from a Pistol/Shotgun wielding DD to an Assault Rifle/Blood Magic Healer.

"Ich wei

Aregadon said:
    I can only recommend The Secret World.
    Although the Playerbase is medium to small sized it has amazing Storytelling the combat system can put a few people off but the ambience is AAA worthy the Horror elements are fantastic and theres a fuckton of Content.
    Tho it would be better to buy the Complete Edition with Issue 5-15(1-4 are included into the basegame) There are actual Investigation missions with Puzzles where you have to use the internet (built in browser included)
    Standard Kill and Fetch Quests and a Weapon Based Class system where you can change your role on the fly by switching your skills and weapons for example from a Pistol/Shotgun wielding DD to an Assault Rifle/Blood Magic Healer.
    I was curious wanting to try out this game, but with all the bad news it followed after release, I was hesitant to try it out. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it out now.
    Fudoido said:
    can always avoid the fantsy genre and go to sci-fi with star trek online.
    can be a bit grindy for top gear, but story graphics and gameplay is enjoyable, and for me relaxing sometimes while the ship travels through the map.
    dont have a good gaming pc atm, cant play all new stuff around (due new life abroad, had to leave my pc back in my country, bringing a low laptop only).
    RIFT was a game i enjoyed alot and played for 1 year long when it was still subbed, i would go back to it if i had some friends playing it, as i loved the non-tipical mmorpg classes where a ranger can heal, or even a mage, or a fighter can support, etc.... new expansion coming soon btw.
    apart from that, and despite the grind fest it "was" back in the beggining, aion is a nice game to play also, being currently less of a grind fest and with alot added or changed. another game i cant play due my weak laptop atm, or else i would give it a try once more, and also got an expansion recently.
      RIFT was nice a few years back for me, but the playerbase was declining rapidly and it wasn't fun when you encountered a player every 5-10 mins or so :/
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    edited September 2016
    on console? neverwinter and eso are the number one choice! on pc? bof you can sell your pc! there was one on pc guild wars 1 ! but i dont think anything is going there now a day !wow is nice but its cost is out of reach for most . and eso on pc ? on pc gaming as a mmorpg is on its last leg . unless you want to play a tablet game like league of legend or blizzard card game? wouldnt really call it a pc game since those work on amost anything
  • Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    This website recommends WoW: Legion.
    I'm also reading from players that Riders of Icarus  could be another good game to try out. Not sure if any of you guy tried that game, if so is it worth?
  • BarbieBoyBarbieBoy Member UncommonPosts: 85
    It's really difficult to look for a decent MMOs but I would like to recommend MU: Origin (mobile version of MU Online, very old MMORPG) 'til they release MU: Legends, the sequel of the previous title. Since you played ELOA,  I'm assuming you know the title unless you're playing in a different region.
  • FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Try out darkfall for yourself. A ton of people hate it, and a ton of people love it. There isn't a middle ground and if you haven't actually played it yourself you won't know which side of the coin you're on. You might find a new game, you might waste $15 bucks or whatever. Is it worth it?