Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online the good the bad and the ugly truth of why I quit...

RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Good -

Amazing game.

There is truly a TON of things to do in the game - it will suck you in and not let go.

Great combat - smooth animations.

Great environments - some parts you actually feel like you are in them idle of a war - very cool!

Bad -

If you are serious about playing and being "competitive" there is a lot of reasons to spend real money - extra bag space, pets to pick up loot, rez without exp loss after 50, extra bank space. And the $15.00 monthly buff - is pretty well a must buy imo.

That's why I made it a bad, you don't have to spend money - but it definitely makes it much much easier.

Digging and Farming. Yah you read it right - At high lvls you will spend a lot of time playing Farmville in order to improve your character - unless you are loaded and you want to buy everything.

No exp for doing quests :( If you want to lvl you got to GRIND.

And at 56/57 you will hit a exp wall - and then prepare for the grind...

PVP imbalance between classes is really bad -

Ugly...

Gear imbalance is even worse.

And if you want to improve your gear?

It's random - 90% of the game is random - it will drive you nuts and you will "waste" a lot of money "trying" to upgrade your gear.

That's all I am going to write, pvp is really imbalanced imo between classes and gear, pve is basically kill a group of mobs and move to the next.

Would I recommend it after playing it?

No.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thanks for your contribution. 

We could not have done it with out you.  ;)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

This is actually a huge positive for me. Huge. I haven't enjoyed myself this much in an mmo since Lineage 2.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Good -

Amazing game.

There is truly a TON of things to do in the game - it will suck you in and not let go.

Great environments - some parts you actually feel like you are in them idle of a war - very cool!

Bad -

If you are serious about playing and being "competitive" there is a lot of reasons to spend real money - extra bag space, pets to pick up loot, rez without exp loss after 50, extra bank space. And the $15.00 monthly buff - is pretty well a must buy imo.

That's why I made it a bad, you don't have to spend money - but it definitely makes it much much easier.

Digging and Farming. Yah you read it right - At high lvls you will spend a lot of time playing Farmville in order to improve your character - unless you are loaded and you want to buy everything.

Ugly...

It's random - 90% of the game is random - it will drive you nuts and you will "waste" a lot of money "trying" to upgrade your gear.

That's all I am going to write, pvp is really imbalanced imo between classes and gear, pve is basically kill a group of mobs and move to the next.

No.

To each, his own, but so far you've only mentioned positives for me.

I hate the quest-dependency MMOs have and actually *miss* the grind the pre-WoW games required.

$30 isn't that bad for a game and paying $15 a months is still a bargain considering MMOs used to cost $50 up front and require a $15 a month subscription - Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, etc.

Digging and farming also isn't a bad thing since it breaks the routine of non-stop, brainless PvE.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Not that I'll defend this game, but I blame WoW for making everyone feel like they are the special snowflake in a snowstorm. No one honestly cares why someone quits a game. I mean if you want to convey a point, just speak broad instead of making it about you otherwise you'll get trolls (like myself) coming to threads like this and asking "who the heck are you?" Sure, some of your points are valid OP, but again they are outweighed by "Why I quit"
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Lerxst said:

Good -

Amazing game.

Bad -

Ugly...

No.

To each, his own, but so far you've only mentioned positives for me.

I hate the quest-dependency MMOs have and actually *miss* the grind the pre-WoW games required.

$30 isn't that bad for a game and paying $15 a months is still a bargain considering MMOs used to cost $50 up front and require a $15 a month subscription - Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, etc.

Digging and farming also isn't a bad thing since it breaks the routine of non-stop, brainless PvE.

The OP is mistaken about one of those points, the quests do not give combat xp, but they do give xp, contribution xp which is necessary for activating both exploration and resource nodes that you can send your workers too, and the lodgings for your workers,  owning workshops, extra storage, a residence for yourself etc. in cities.
    For just about everything crafting related you need a lot of contribution points, which means you need to quest, a lot, and there are many repeatable daily quests you will need to do that gain contribution xp.
    While there is still no direct player trading in the game, it seems despite their relaxation on their P2W stance, they still don't allow gold sellers to operate in the game.
    As with any game, have to weight up the pro's and con's of the game to decide whether to play or not, and as we don't all have the same yardstick, that list will vary for everyone, i quit the game for my own reasons which have gone into enough already. :o
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    It's an interesting approach on questing that I wish more games took.

One can see it as grinding but ultimately if a quest gave you the exp and mobs gave crap exp wouldn't you be grinding quests to level? It's still a grind.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    If you stuck around till end of August playing the game... I'm impressed. 
  • refrexcirefrexci Member UncommonPosts: 3
    i think this game is awesome but my country has ipblock :/
  • LucienReneLucienRene Member UncommonPosts: 77
    edited September 2016
    For me, the game just wasn't fun. And gender locked classes are a turn off.

But it's very polished, runs smoothly on my system, and looks great. Just not for me, unfortunately.