Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's All About Ambition & Technology - Gamescom Reveal Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageIt's All About Ambition & Technology - Gamescom Reveal Preview

Technology marches on, our computers get faster, our devices get smaller, our dreams get closer to realization. I stand by what I said in the awards for best of Gamescom, sometime recently games on mobile got gorgeous and I never knew. I sat down to play with Shadowgun Legends and I still can't quite believe it was a mobile game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    I love watching and sometimes partaking in this evolution.

I especially love the idea of true cross platform experiences that allow you an equal experience or at least an equally enjoyable experience whether at home on a gaming rig or out and about on your mobile device.

Albion Online is a great example. Persistent MMO across multiple major platforms including mobile.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Very neat from a technical point of view. But seems utterly boring to me gameplay wise.
    Still, impressive work nonetheless.

I think they should start thinking about better input possibilities for mobile gaming too though. Possibly combine smartphone and tablet where the smartphone can become a controller-like peripheral? I dunno.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198

Fdzzaigl said:

Very neat from a technical point of view. But seems utterly boring to me gameplay wise.

Still, impressive work nonetheless.

I think they should start thinking about better input possibilities for mobile gaming too though. Possibly combine smartphone and tablet where the smartphone can become a controller-like peripheral? I dunno.

How about, hear me out, DON'T STOP READING, I know this may sound a bit out there at first. But this is a serious idea, based on actual technologies and simply refining one and combining them...

Bluetooth Neural Impulse Actuation.

Combine the already existing technology of Neural Impulse Actuation (See OCZ Neural Impulse Actuator, USB device I own since 2008) and Bluetooth.

The result, if resources were provided to the further development of NIA, would be a mobile, wireless input device with potentially far greater precision, response time and efficiency than that which we have with keyboard and mouse on desktops/laptops.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Meh the entire industry feels more like it's about money and greed more than ambition and technology on any given day to me.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    I looked at the device you mentioned, seems pretty neat. I applaud any sort of technical progress of that kind. But I think we'll also need to be realistic in that regard: it'll take a decent few years before that sort of tech can handle the input more complex games need.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!