Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minotaurs & Guineceans - Crowfall Column

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageMinotaurs & Guineceans - Crowfall Column

This week Timothy Eisen mulls over the development of the Myrmidon Minotaur and Guinecean Duelist.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Am i the only one who thinks this game just keeps promising way, way too much?
  • g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I was liking the look of this game until I saw the guineceans. I really hope this is a troll or joke. I avoid almost every asian game due to them always having cutesy shit. I know "cutesy" appeals to some and that's fine, it's just not for me. A bloody horned minotaur charging acrossed the battlefield slamming into a guinea pig... immersion lost... can't do it.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2016
    kishe said:
    This game isn't Star Citizen.

So far every class Crowfall team has showed us has meant that the devs have actually been working on that class, and it's always been just a couple of months before the class has been released to alpha.

It's questionable if Crowfall team can build a balanced and fun game with good enough performance, but their class introductions definitely aren't overpromising. What classes you see now is what you get in alpha in a couple of months.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    You are confusing this with Chronicles of Elyria if you are talking about overwhelming promises.  So far this game looks pretty solid.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited August 2016
    I've been under the impression that this game is guided by a relatively down-to-earth, streamlined development as opposed to No Man's Pie in the Sky, Star Citizen, or Chronicles of Elyria.

Now, whether this game will attract enough of a community to keep its various planets and rulesets running is highly in doubt. Pure pvp mmos are self-cannibalizing, and I fully expect certain planets/rulesets to be put on rotation or removed entirely based on popularity.

Still, for a reasonable one-time payment, this game looks to be worth trying.
    Post edited by Aeander on
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Some will go for violence or sex appeal, some will like cuteness (I personally find Goblins cuter).
     W...aaagh?
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Vrika said:
    kishe said:
    This game isn't Star Citizen.

So far every class Crowfall team has showed us has meant that the devs have actually been working on that class, and it's always been just a couple of months before the class has been released to alpha.

It's questionable if Crowfall team can build a balanced and fun game with good enough performance, but their class introductions definitely aren't overpromising. What classes you see now is what you get in alpha in a couple of months.
    They are not traditional classes. They are archetypes. Every Minotaur is a Myrmidon.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/