Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Legends -- What am I doing wrong?

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
edited August 2016 in General Gaming
I've had a lot of fun with this game and binged on it for like two weeks straight. I haven't spent any money on it yet. I'm wondering if I want to commit to it as my TCG instead of Hearthstone (which I have put more than $200 into). It's not that I feel one game is better than the other, it's just that I like the ES vibe and the mechanics.

But I stopped playing because I can't figure out why my W-L ratio is so streaky. I can literally play and win 10 in a row. There is nothing I can do wrong. It's like I'm in god-mode. Then I can have some normal win a couple, lose a couple, which is fine. But I also can literally lose 10 in a row and there is nothing I can do right. I can't get any cards I need when I need them. All of this is with the same deck.

I don't know what the issue is. I'm sure it's largely L2P, but I've never had this kind of streakyness with HS. Does it have to do with the huge deck size of 50+ cards? I play 50, but you can go over.

Anyone play this and have any ideas?

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    I have tried learning how to play card games but my old brain is unable to I think how they actually work. I cannot seem to get the concepts properly. I know I am not helping just a little jealous of you is all.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited August 2016
    kitarad said:
    I have tried learning how to play card games but my old brain is unable to I think how they actually work. I cannot seem to get the concepts properly. I know I am not helping just a little jealous of you is all.
    Try Legends. It's free and there is a campaign mode which I thought was fun. It's a great way to learn the cards. You can do it!

I think it's worth playing just for the campaign mode if nothing else. And it's free, so why not?