Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class are you leveling first?

MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
edited August 2016 in World of Warcraft
   What class and race are you planning on playing through legion content first?

I will be playing through first as a Orc fury warrior.  Probably level my Blood DK next.

Enjoy the expansion! :+1:

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I can't decide between hunter or warlock tbh. I might do warlock though since I tend to do whichever has my tailoring/enchanting class first to get a leg up on bag sells etc. I guess we'll find out in about a hour though.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I only started a hunter after the legion patch for the first time ever.  Been playing since vanilla too lol.  The new melee spec is what intrigued me.  It's actually a lot of fun.  Haven't gotten too high level yet so don't know for sure. But it's fun atm.  

You're crafting idea is probably a good idea.  Gotta hit that market early while ppl with tons of gold will pay through the nose for stuff that in a week will be 1/10 the price lol.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I only started a hunter after the legion patch for the first time ever.  Been playing since vanilla too lol.  The new melee spec is what intrigued me.  It's actually a lot of fun.  Haven't gotten too high level yet so don't know for sure. But it's fun atm.  

You're crafting idea is probably a good idea.  Gotta hit that market early while ppl with tons of gold will pay through the nose for stuff that in a week will be 1/10 the price lol.
    Yeah, crafting is a pretty huge thing in legion it would appear and getting some of the mats can take quite some time since some rare ones can only be gotten through certain world quests. Plus I think that blacksmithing mount will be sellable. It takes a huge amount of mats but it should sell for a pretty penny in the early days of the expansion. Lol rich gotta stay rich somehow to keep paying for those tokens.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Playing since vanilla, and returning for every expansion...

for the first time since vanilla i am back at Alliance...
    a dwarf Shaman named Thundertoe..

leveling and stories are fund and immersive so far...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Playing since vanilla, and returning for every expansion...

for the first time since vanilla i am back at Alliance...
    a dwarf Shaman named Thundertoe..

leveling and stories are fund and immersive so far...
    That's interesting.  I am actually playing alliance this expac as well.  But this is the first time I've ever played alliance.  Have always been horde.  It's refreshing tbh.  Don't get me wrong, I'll go back to horde since that's my home at some point.  But I like to see the other side for once :+1:
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited September 2016
    Warrior (prot/fury/arms) and Druid (resto mostly). Strangely, I find the artifact weapons limiting. I want to play multiple specs very easily.

Strangely, old schoolers find this attractive. You need to actually commit to a spec in this expansion.

I actually had an argument on this site about the depth of WoW which made me resubscribe. Also, my brother is going to play. Look, to be honest, I am having a blast playing with some old school friends and getting back into rhythm with them. They are some of those "hardcore" gamers and to be honest, I miss it.

Edit: strangely, I use strangely a lot.
    edited September 2016
    Warrior (prot/fury/arms) and Druid (resto mostly). Strangely, I find the artifact weapons limiting. I want to play multiple specs very easily.

Strangely, old schoolers find this attractive. You need to actually commit to a spec in this expansion.

I actually had an argument on this site about the depth of WoW which made me resubscribe. Also, my brother is going to play. Look, to be honest, I am having a blast playing with some old school friends and getting back into rhythm with them. They are some of those "hardcore" gamers and to be honest, I miss it.

I agree with you about being limited by only one artifact weapon.  But I'm guessing this was decided in order to make some of the weapons that will drop in the raids worth something.  If all three specs were covered by one artifact, then the raid weapon rewards would be only worth the transmorg.  That would be a shame.  I do get what you're saying though.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
       What class and race are you planning on playing through legion content first?

I will be playing through first as a Orc fury warrior.  Probably level my Blood DK next.

Enjoy the expansion! :+1:
    I leveled my DK first to 110, but after doing such research and play testing, I ended up taking my DH up to 110. I took the week off, so I managed to get both to 110 and over 800 ilvl within the first 5 days. The only characters I enjoy playing are DK's, Ret Pally, Warriors, and DH. DH is doing great right now, while the other are doing terrible or middle of the pack. I intend to raid on the 20th, so I'm going with the class that I enjoy and can pull its weight in a raid.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I agree with you about being limited by only one artifact weapon.  But I'm guessing this was decided in order to make some of the weapons that will drop in the raids worth something.  If all three specs were covered by one artifact, then the raid weapon rewards would be only worth the transmorg.  That would be a shame.  I do get what you're saying though.

There won't be any raid weapons. It'll take months to cap out your artifact weapons. Your weapons increase in ilvls based off of the ilvl of the shards you have socketed in them.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I just hit 110 with my paladin. It was awesome being able to level as Holy and still rip shit up. Will probably try out demon hunter next, then work on getting my shaman to 110.