Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things Players Should kow before playing MMORPG's

MichaelAlexanderMichaelAlexander Member UncommonPosts: 17
In wake of Black Desert's publisher braking their promises with their community and the fail and lies on No mMan's sky it inspired this topic and potential series of warning players what to think about when playing these Newer "Free to play" MMO's as well as over-hyped console games

To Sum up the points to those who don't feel like watching (I sometimes don't when people post MMO related videos)

Things you should know when playing MMO's and decidng its worth investing in

1.) Publisher and Developer history
2.) Thier view on cash shop and marketing
3.) If the game is made to inconvenience you severely until you spend money?
4.) Do the characters allow you to be unique 
5.) Can you be competitive without soul-sucking hours of gameplay
6.) Is the RNG fair and just for free to play and paying players

The end of the video are personal criticisms of the Genre But I still love it

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Were reduced to cash shop Asian grinders.

Why would anyone even play any of them ?

• MichaelAlexanderMichaelAlexander Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I agree but I think the publishers need to stop being pussies and localize the grindy and OP cash shop aspects for a western market
  • Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    edited August 2016
    If I can try educate people, it would be saying this:

• The art of abstraction is important for art. Abstraction is either the form of an art piece, or the content (and maybe both I guess). I'd like to think computer games and movies, as having (or lacking) artistic merit, an objective understanding of just how well artists have created their game or movie.

• Abstraction is what makes movies possible, either the world, the passing of time and just with what perspective something is viewed from. A fictional world, or a fantasy world even, is built for your pleasure, though with that comes the problem of failing to suspend ones disbelief. If the set pieces are bad, that might be distracting, same with bad dialogue, poor understanding of human drama, and with incoherent narration/directing.

• Together with the power of abstraction, people get to have expectations, so that they can intuitively understand what is going on, in a movie, or, in a computer game. Sometimes, not being able to intuitively know what is happening, or what to do next, can be exciting, because it offers challenges, spurring a sense of exploration, adventure, and offer surprises, or other content one find desirable in such a situation. With computer games, playing a game will impose whatever limitations set with the framework of the game. 

• I think it is fair to assume, that the less complexity a computer game has, the more simplistic the user interaction will be. You could have great pacing if you wandered around in a huge landscape, doing nothing but moving around, but without a rich set of player options, in a game world that already has been made simplistic, there would probably be greater repetition which probably will make enjoyment of a computer game difficult, if not impossible.

COMPUTER GAMES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THOROUGHLY ANNOYING, DON'T ACCEPT COMPUTER GAMES THAT ARE BAD!

PLEASE!

And please consider not being apologetic for any game's terrible game design.

If you are still unphazed by bad games:
    It is not your fault! (repeat 10 times)

Also don't blame gamers for shitty games. Blame the devs (always).