Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky drops nearly 90% of players since release on PC

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
In No Man's Sky's short life on PC, it has seen a peak of 212,613 players, but that peak amount from the game's release on August 12th has not been met again. The game lost half of its player base after three days of release and the numbers have continued to drop. In fact, within the last 24 hours, the peak was only 22,935. 

http://www.gamezone.com/news/no-man-s-sky-drops-nearly-90-of-players-since-release-on-pc-3442770

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Just like PGO, this title is likely to have a very short lifespan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    edited August 2016
    I wonder why... Crap, Overpriced, Boring, dull game that had only a fraction of what was said to be in game, rest was either postponed or pulled out of game. Oh and then the bugs (some of which have been fixed but not all).

Wonder if that has anything to do with why its dropping, sure fastest selling game but also biggest refunded game of the year...

Game was completly well Over-Hyped by fanboi's (as per usual, and as per usual, when thios happens the game is always a BIG dissapointment), whatch out any game thats got alot of Hype about it will probably end up being a PoS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Its about being lied to. No one likes it. NMS is dead.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Well I'm still playing it.  :)

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    It might have been better if it had the social elements people though it had.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Teala said:
    Me too, but not as much...

After 148 hours, I think I'll give it a rest for a while. Don't want to burn out completely, there's bound to be some more content added in a month or two.

Besides, my "To Play" list is backing-up alarmingly, lol

There's the massive Skyrim mod (Enderal), the next Fallout DLC at the end of this week, the new Deus Ex just launched and Civilisation VI is looming on the horizon. Those alone will keep me occupied until the middle of 2017, lol
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    color me surprised :p
    Teala said:
    Agreed. I just Alt tabbed to post screen shots on a thread here debunking some of the said features that were not present. Like Forests. I am on a Forest planet right now. Huge Dinos. I just took a screen of one. Huge space battles. I just fought in one with over 30 ships.
    It would be interesting to see how many specific Angry Joe "BS" warnings you could disprove.

His "evidence" was largely compelling.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Teala said:
    Well someone has to turn the lights off. ;)

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    22K is still a lot of players on Steam. That does not even count GOG.com or PS4.
    22K is way above something like Elite Dangerous at 7.5K
    Its allot of players if they only sold 25k in copies.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    that is some of the uglist looking screenshots i've seen from a 3d game published in 2016.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Doug_B said:
    that is some of the uglist looking screenshots i've seen from a 3d game published in 2016.
    perhaps not the uglist in my view but very close

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    The game never claimed to be pretty. It is stylized which, like all art styles, is subjective.
     The game looks nice to me. 
    yeah which is fair enough its just some of us fine its art style to be unattractive. I would be in that camp

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    This was basically a tech demo sold as a full price title. I didn't bother because I knew just from the description of it I'd never play it for more than a week. You would have to be rain man to play this after reaching the center point as disappointing as that was. I love the concept of it, hopefully someone can pick up on it and make an actual game out of it with some real depth to it. If that happens then it will have served a purpose other than just being a 60$ demo. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I was waiting for it to go on sale which may be happening pretty soon at this rate.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just found this guy =)

He was kicking at fleas or something like a dog does lol
    No kill I...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    edited August 2016
    I´m loving the game.
    I´ve spent +30hours in the game and felt like 10 min!
    I understand though some of the criticism is getting for broken promises and false advertising....but i didn´t follow the development at all so i went in the game "virgin" and i´m loving it.

It´s not a game for everyone that´s true but i find it very enjoyable so far.

I really hope Hello Games continues developing the game now live to add some features and new game mechanics! They trully have a great Universe in their hands!

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    What do they care its buy to play they already got there money. Once they start selling DLCs people will buy them as well and leave again.

Thr way guys on here react its like they think the game makers actually want to make a game that people will play for along time. They dont they just want to make something that costs them the least to make but makes them the most when they sell it.

Its actually even better for them since this game I am sure runs on servers so these guys wont even have to worry about having a server at all in another week they can hook up an old Commodore 64 and use that.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    rodarin said:
    What do they care its buy to play they already got there money. Once they start selling DLCs people will buy them as well and leave again.

Thr way guys on here react its like they think the game makers actually want to make a game that people will play for along time. They dont they just want to make something that costs them the least to make but makes them the most when they sell it.

Its actually even better for them since this game I am sure runs on servers so these guys wont even have to worry about having a server at all in another week they can hook up an old Commodore 64 and use that.
    You seriously know nothing about creation. If you work on a project for 5 years, believe me, you want it to be a success. The NMS team are desperate for the game to be a hit and I reckon that with patches, it will. I like it as it is but more content is sure to come.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Kyleran said:
    Teala said:
    Agreed. I just Alt tabbed to post screen shots on a thread here debunking some of the said features that were not present. Like Forests. I am on a Forest planet right now. Huge Dinos. I just took a screen of one. Huge space battles. I just fought in one with over 30 ships.
    It would be interesting to see how many specific Angry Joe "BS" warnings you could disprove.

His "evidence" was largely compelling.
    All of them if you look around. He also didnt upgrade the multi tool / suit or ship all that much if any to help with having to recharge so much.