Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

298€ for 2 Players to have the whole game all included is to much for a game from 2011 :D

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
edited August 2016 in Rift
if my wife and me want the whole game with the latest expansion after F2P we have to pay

>>>   almost 300 Euro :dizzy:

And we would get only 30 days Patron too.......

thats insane for some old software from 2011 expansions or not

Why isnt there a better cheaper offer ?

So far we will keep playing F2P until its getting boring or we find another game 

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Goromhir said:
    So far we will keep playing F2P
    You are playing for free, how much cheaper you want the game to be?

Can we already get over this self-entitled attitude that products should come at a price you find acceptable?

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    we are playing the F2P Demo for free my friend. If we want more Souls or content or even Earring Slots which is laughable we have to start paying.

Earring slots !!! my goodness...... when i saw this i had to laugh hard.

Non of my characters will ever wear Earrings....

i am playing my Justicar and my Chloromancer thats it. Once i get bored... goodbye.

we wont spend so much money on a game from 2011
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited August 2016
    You can open things up without the all inclusive packages. I think if you buy the essential pack which is 49.99 US you mostly everything.

Edited to change price
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Goromhir said:
    if my wife and me want the whole game with the latest expansion after F2P we have to pay

So far we will keep playing F2P until its getting boring or we find another game 
    I would suggest playing a different game. ESO or GW2 are much cheaper and at least as good. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2016
    Gdemami said:
    Goromhir said:
    So far we will keep playing F2P
    You are playing for free, how much cheaper you want the game to be?

Can we already get over this self-entitled attitude that products should come at a price you find acceptable?

Well @300 Euros,you cannot make any such claim as to FREE.
    it comes down to economics and what you truly believe is or was the average amount of time players were spending in ALL games.

I feel anyone and everyone witnessed a LOT of games with tons jumping in and MOST jumping out only a few months later.

So doing simple math,if you figure,used software that was worth 60 CDN would now be worth 25 at most.So then you figure in how long is game time expected,i say 1 year at most for the majority.So 15x12 is 180 but you don't sell 12 months of game time for 180 but instead more like 120.

So i guess not fully knowing CDN to Euro conversion,they are figuring a full year of subscription included in the price as well as a 60 purchase price.IMO that is not really much of a deal but more of an expected expenditure based on the entire gaming market.

It still comes down to your perception of value,i spent 15 on a new copy of a game i like "FFXI"but it costs 180 a year on subscription,so that is 195 for one full year.If you play longer then cost goes up,but i am willing to bet you won't stay in RIFT even one year.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Of course I can.

They are playing the game now, how much are they paying? $0.

The rest is only self-entitlement how much the game should cost.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    edited August 2016
    Gdemami said:
    Wizardry said:
    Of course I can.

They are playing a heavily restricted version of the game that is filled with annoyances with the sole purpose to make you feel the need to pay them money to remove them.
    It's not free, it's a demo.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    You can earn platinum to buy most of the stuff through the use of REX....ded game though
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Yeah, that is way too much. Rift is not a bad game but you can get better games for less money.

And claiming that a game is free when that only give you access to parts of it while restricting you that heavily even if the parts you get access to is just plain wrong. Rift isn't the only game doing this though, EQ2 ain't better to mention one game.

Now, if the game didn't have the "optional" sub things wouldn't have been so bad. I can live with getting access to the entire game cost a bit but then add a sub I more or less need is rather hard to stomach. 

And compared to say GW2 where you actually get the entire base game free with the only restrictions are fewer character slots, less bagspace (which actually is pretty easy to unlock ingame) and one expansion that also solves those 2 problems if you get I see no reason to pay those sums.

Or you could go FF XIV, you would probably have to pay the "optional" fee in Rift anyways so FF XIV would not be more expensive while it is a better game.
    Laughing-man said:
    They are playing a heavily restricted version of the game that is filled with annoyances with the sole purpose to make you feel the need to pay them money to remove them.
    It's not free, it's a demo.
    Thank you for demonstrating my point.
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Goromhir said:

Thats definitely too much. I would email the customer support and ask for better deal. I am convinced they will be happy for hundred bucks. 
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Gdemami said:
    Wizardry said:
    Of course I can.

They aren't really playing "the game" for $0, but exactly only that part of it that with it's set restrictions is supposed to lead you to pay hundreds for what is actually the game.

Of course you can log in, create a character, do some quest or otherwise progress for an unlimited amount of time without a subscription...but all that is as well possible in say WoW.
    Nobody would consider WoW being "free", just because technically you experience part of the game within given restrictions.
    Just like nobody would say that goofin' around with a lvl 60 character in vanilla WoW without buying the addons would be "playing the game".

Volgore said:
    Of course you can log in, create a character, do some quest or otherwise progress for an unlimited amount of time without a subscription...but all that is as well possible in say WoW.
    No, it is not. WoW trial caps at lvl 20.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Gdemami said:
    Volgore said:
    But you are still "playing the game for $0".

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Gdemami said:
    Volgore said:
    WOW adds the last expansion to the basic game everytime the new expansion is close to release.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    I never understood why people complain about games that give you an option to buy the stuff with in game currency at the cost of time....Most of that stuff you can get via farming plat which is pretty easy to come by atm.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Goromhir said:

2011 but with Graphics from 2004 2006 xD . Wow did better work at improving their engine and Game graphics over the years.
    Personally I would not play Rift Don't Give Trion a single cent I want this blood sucking corporation to go bankrupt !
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    no triasl ,no tricks , no traps ...... :p
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    It makes perfect sense because Rift is a Trion World's game. GW2 is B2P and you can get the entire game for $49.99 with no premium account BS. I don't know how Trion went from the Trion around Rift launch to what they are today. Talk about a fall from grace. 
    edited August 2016
    YashaX said:
    Goromhir said:

I would suggest playing a different game. ESO or GW2 are much cheaper and at least as good.

i have both games and my wife owns GW2+ exp
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Check Wildstar on steam, much better than rift and no pay wall!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    All content and all classes are completely free in Wildstar
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    i have WS installed already since 2 years :D its fun game
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited August 2016
    "Earring slots !!! my goodness...... when i saw this i had to laugh hard."

Ah yes, we all had a good laugh when we first saw that.  Silly Trion, what will they think of next?
    wife and me are playing F2P and having alot of fun. 

No i guess we wont ever have Earrings :D   

i wonder why managers that decide such stupid things have a job in the game industry :dizzy: