Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online – New developer insights in Gamescom dev diaries

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
Kakao Games today released a fascinating developer diary in which Black Desert Online developer Pearl Abyss explains some of the key decisions that went into creating the popular MMO

http://mmoculture.com/2016/08/black-desert-online-new-developer-insights-in-gamescom-dev-diaries/

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The best is yet to come.  =)
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Recore said:
    The best most p2w aspects is are yet to come.  =)
    ftfy
    edited August 2016
    Recore said:
    ftfy

Awesome, 

I am in favor of the recent move to sell Pearl Items. 

The purge was needed imo.

Everything is working as intended. 
    Recore said:
    Recore said:
    ftfy

Awesome, 

Well, enjoy I guess...
    Recore said:
    Recore said:
    ftfy

Awesome, 

Well, enjoy I guess...

When I stop having fun I will stop playing.  ;)
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    BDO, best f2p game 2017. Quote it.
    Original videos had tons of downvotes and anti-p2w comments.  They reuploaded the videos with disabled comments and you can't see up/downvotes.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    I wish I could see the financials.  I wonder whether this was a case of Daum planning it all along, or if instead they didn't expect the income to stop once the box revenue and other one-time purchases that their monetization was based on were over so they one day finally asked "Why isn't anyone giving us money anymore?"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Tiamat64 said:
    I wish I could see the financials.  I wonder whether this was a case of Daum planning it all along, or if instead they didn't expect the income to stop once the box revenue and other one-time purchases that their monetization was based on were over so they one day finally asked "Why isn't anyone giving us money anymore?"
    Most likely always part of the plan, just a matter of timing, when income streams drop off, a new phase is introduced, so like others said, they probably aren't done making changes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Original videos had tons of downvotes and anti-p2w comments.  They reuploaded the videos with disabled comments and you can't see up/downvotes.
    I can understand them doing that, the sooner the disaffected players accept what has happened and move on the better it is for everyone.  Unhealthy to dwell on that which you have no control of.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Still a bit perplexed gamers find this surprising.  At least anyone hanging around here long enough should have understood this was coming. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited August 2016
    flizzer said:
    Still a bit perplexed gamers find this surprising.  At least anyone hanging around here long enough should have understood this was coming. 
    Most of us are used to this type of thing by now, (games shutting down, being revamped, going p2w-f2p) so yeah this was a "whatever" moment for us regulars. I also think it might be a generational thing as well.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter