Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone still playing RIFT? Here's a nice video talking about the game's past and what went wrong

hitsuji182hitsuji182 Member UncommonPosts: 23
[youtube]B_QD8ddYCbA[/youtube]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I logged in yesterday for the first time in 857 days. To see what was up. They have a new update coming out (overpriced IMO) there seemed to be quite a few people around still.

The new core mechanic makes it look a lot nicer than it used to look and it runs very smooth now.

Its getting a little old but in the grand scheme it is still a decent game.

The stuff you can do in dimensions in terms of placing, resizing, and rotating items should be the blueprint every game uses that allows building in their games.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    It's still a good game, albeit butchered by archeage style greed and the free to play model.

As I watched the vid, I did have one thought. A cash shop is an excellent way to measure player love :).

For example, it's been made obvious that the idea of "new souls" has really succeeded and is a profit maker. That's been proven by Trion continually releasing them. The latest "pack" of souls is massively overpriced for what it actually is. But people must be willing to pay, players obviously like that idea.

Who knows what would have happened if Rift had released new souls under the subscription model? Certainly would have increased re-subscription numbers substantially IMO.

It's a shame these companies never think to ask their playerbase in the form of polls. In six months do you want a new dungeon? A new soul? Or a new Class? (or whatever).

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I used to play this game a lot but it's been years.  I played through the first expansion and that's it.  The zone events in the expansion were really really cool, way better than the vanilla zones events.  Have thought about this game from time to time.  
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    This game makes me sad. One of my long time friends from Everquest played this with me and this was his very last MMORPG. He no longer plays. I always feel sad when I see this game.
    Chamber of Chains