Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - GamesCom 2016 Coverage

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
edited August 2016 in Star Citizen
GamesCom 2016 in Cologne, Germany, has started. CIG has a show floor booth shaped like an Idris brige.

High end rigs with a HOTAS system each running on a private LAN  (the WiFi and WAN network on the showfloor is not the most reliable due to tenthousands of techies and their toys and hundreds of game developers and THEIR toys putting stress on the 'net).

A twitch stream is running for the next days (CIG has invited several well known streamers)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/gamescom

Its a split screen, with gameplay, the streamer himself/herself, a view of the CIG booth and the chat window.

For those that cannot watch Stream, INN is reporting live in text form

http://imperialnews.network/2016/08/gamescom-2016-inn-summary/

The usual suspects (Star Citizen Twitter, Reddit, Facebook etc.) are pumping out updates from Cologne at a frantic pace.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/starcitizen

On Friday 19th a show with some bigger announcements is scheduled:

Every evening there are Star Citizen pub events to meet org friends and get drunk (or not).

Today is industry insider day at GamesCom. Public days start tomorrow.

There is another FREE FLY event
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/Gamescom-Free-Fly-2016
Gives access to the Freelancer, Sabre and Mustang Gamma.

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Looking forward to hearing about the important bits after it's over :)
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Going to wait is Friday as that's when we will see what's being saved for PG. And see if they show a match of SM going at all, just to haunt us a bit longer. xD

btw is best to see the site homepage to check the countdown for the actual presentation. 
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Yea they finally got a decent amount of viewers on twitch, but still nothing compared to some 'normal' streamers and certainly not anything astounding for a game that claims to have all the people interested in it this one does. They had a peak of about 4400 and have bounced around between 3900-4300 since then (thats combing the English and German streams). Theyre also giving away and have said 'post on forums, redditt, call your friends announce in other games, get a sandwich board, because the more viewers we have the better the give away'.

But congrats on getting about a fifth of what the average streamers get on some of the actual top streaming games out there.

Hell even no man sky is getting 10K views for a couple streamers and that is basically a failure game.

And it sort of compares to SC in this situation since one is the new hype game the other is in a hype time frame of Gamescon.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Interesting info from the stream:

"[Will we see anything regarding Star Marine?] They will not be showcasing Star Marine during the five-days stream on the showfloor. It is on track for 2.6. This doesn’t rule out it appearing on the Friday night party"

Have fun

• VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Do we know the spec of the computers they are using at Gamescon yet?
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
    Erillion said:

"[Will we see anything regarding Star Marine?] They will not be showcasing Star Marine during the five-days stream on the showfloor. It is on track for 2.6. This doesn’t rule out it appearing on the Friday night party"

Have fun

That was obviously the canned answer they give when asked a question they cant or arent allowed to answer. I am sure they had that comment approved because they new that that Star Marine Icon was going to be front and center beside an icon link that worked. So they had to explain it away to people who might not know whats going on with SM.
    Yeah Friday is going to be the actual presentation. For now it's just them with streamers playing the game and occasionally replying some questions.

Pretty much exactly 2 days from now.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited August 2016
    Erillion said:

Have fun

no Star Marine but they are having a party.

Says alot about this project

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

SEANMCAD said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Its even worse. ;-)

They have a party with backers EVERY NIGHT. And in different BRAUHAUSes (breweries) ;-)

Have fun
    SEANMCAD said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Yup, and they bring in a fairly entertaining streamer and he goes off script and the SC  mouthpiece takes over with a public service announcement on what this module is he is going to be streaming. And 200 people left the channel LMAO (also probably had to do with them doing the give away which spikes the viewership when they do those).

But I have an idea this guy did it for the money and exposure he surely doesnt seem to be into the game at all. He even said he didnt have the amount in his account he was promised to purchase items in this mod he is streaming. The other guy immediately logged him out and logged him into that guys personal account.

Almost cringe worthy watching this.
    Gotta love the dedication into attack the livestreams now when the event will only start in 2 days, such silliness.

SEANMCAD said:

Says they're doing what they said they would do: They would play the current Live Version of the game and livestream it on the show floor.

Go figure, the actual event is still 2 days away and  the drama party already started! :pleased: 
    vorpal28 said:
    Do we know the spec of the computers they are using at Gamescon yet?
    Nothing definite.

Reddit users speculate that its i7 6xxx, Nvidia 1080, 16 GB RAM, SSD, HOTAS in a private LAN.   4k monitors in front. Booth monitors seems to be normal ones. Big screen overhead.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Its even worse. ;-)

They have a party with backers EVERY NIGHT. And in different BRAUHAUSes (breweries) ;-)

Have fun
    marketing school teach: if you sell a person an idea or a feeling sometimes that can be a better 'product' for the person then the actual product thus we are doing a service by providing more value then what would otherwise be there :)

lol

You guys are so hyped for start the drama train towards SC's event at Gamescon that it's still 2 days away for the main event and you're already half way into the drama festival. 

Gosh, calm yourself, it's just 2 days and you can scream at CIG about how everything they shown is bad and awful. ;)
    MaxBacon said:
    You guys are so hyped for start the drama train towards SC's event at Gamescon that it's still 2 days away for the main event and you're already half way into the drama festival. 

Gosh, calm yourself, it's just 2 days and you can scream at CIG about how everything they shown is bad and awful. ;)
    fair point

Another telling thing is theyre in the game and they only had 3 stream snipers and I saw 3 other people in that area when he walked through.

So this guys is a well known (not just SC) streamer with about 30K followers and they gave them a 4 minute heads up and they have had less than 10 stream snipers in a game being showcased in a major convention getting more viewers than it has seen in forever.

And yes that is also hyper critical but it shows just how interested GAMERS are in this game. When Moon or Mitch or guys with anything over 25K followers stream something, even a 'normal' stream theyll have a dozen snipers around them if theyre not on a private or whitelisted server. But thats why they play on whitelisted and provate servers BECAUSE they get mobbed by 'regular' players when they go to a public one (if the peopel know who and where they are that is).
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    rodarin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Yup, and they bring in a fairly entertaining streamer and he goes off script and the SC  mouthpiece takes over with a public service announcement on what this module is he is going to be streaming. And 200 people left the channel LMAO (also probably had to do with them doing the give away which spikes the viewership when they do those).

But I have an idea this guy did it for the money and exposure he surely doesnt seem to be into the game at all. He even said he didnt have the amount in his account he was promised to purchase items in this mod he is streaming. The other guy immediately logged him out and logged him into that guys personal account.

Almost cringe worthy watching this.

Lol, what isn't cringe worthy? I remember last week the speculation was that they weren't going to show up at gamescom at all! Now we're here, talking about how a streamer (streaming the game) wasn't given the credits to purchase any upgrades for the live stream. As far as goal post moving goes, I am pretty sure you could hit to goal without legs, your eyes closed, while being spun around. Mission accomplished! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited August 2016
    rodarin said:
     They had a peak of about 4400 and have bounced around between 3900-4300 since then
    BNB on air now and its 5594 and rising.

Have fun

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
     They had a peak of about 4400 and have bounced around between 3900-4300 since then
    BNB on air now and its  4,774  4,829 and rising.

Have fun

That's an impressive number considering we are 2 days away from the main event.

Do we have any solid info about what will be shown in 2 days ?
    edited August 2016
    CrazKanuk said:

Lol, what isn't cringe worthy? I remember last week the speculation was that they weren't going to show up at gamescom at all! Now we're here, talking about how a streamer (streaming the game) wasn't given the credits to purchase any upgrades for the live stream. As far as goal post moving goes, I am pretty sure you could hit to goal without legs, your eyes closed, while being spun around. Mission accomplished! 
    Its watching the streamer TRY his best to make what amounts to a guided tour of this city at least semi entertaining. And watching him do 'normal' streamer things like run over a few stream snipers, feign horror at 'murdering people', throwing his headset off and walking off camera. All the while the SC mouthpiece looks like he wants to shoot someone and actually looks pissed off (for real).

Streamers stream he is doing his best to make it more than it is. The other guy is not letting him.

As an aside I now see about 10 stream snipers in the area. So that is 'good' news, bad news is the game is now lagging like crazy. Also a few others trying to block them. So theyre up to almost 15 players sniping the stream in a game that has over a trillion citizens and bacvkers that has raised 50 billion dollars in funding.

980 ti, 6th gen i7 and 32 gigs of ram, and an SSD are specs he just mentioned it
    Shodanas said:

Only rumours, nothing solid. All the following may or may not come at GamesCom or CitCon

PG demo.
    Star Marine demo.
    Morrow Tour 2016 Version
    SQ 42 intro mission   (with Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson and you defending against the 'duul)

Have fun
    edited August 2016
    rodarin said:

980 ti, 6th gen i7 and 32 gigs of ram, and an SSD are specs he just mentioned it
    Thank you.

Ah, not on all machines ... as expected.

Have fun
    Fun stream moment at timestamp 10 sec

https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/OpenHamsterKAPOW

Have fun
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:
    Shodanas said:
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    BNB on air now and its  4,774  4,829 and rising.

Have fun

That's an impressive number considering we are 2 days away from the main event.

You are going to see a whole lot of .....

Is there a fan somewhere near ?

If it is you should be careful as sometimes shit thrown careless comes back at you.
    I like to be optimistic but this game its really hard thing to do.  I gurantee they are just going to show a lot more of the same crap we bee looking at for almost a year now.  Except you might see someone land on a planet.  Oh wait we saw that a year ago didn't we....
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Yea numbers are rising because this guy is funny. But seriously this stream should be at 15-20K. Especially if you believe even a portion of the hype.

There are guys who stream garbage games like Rust, Miscreated, Day z and the like who get 4K viewers for anything they stream. When they stream decent games that have even a little hype they get into the 5 figures easily.