Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to ban this game from the face of the earth.

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    The amount of stories flooding the wires about all these 8-12 year olds getting hit by cars and kidnapped is overwhelming.

Wait, have there been any at all?

Few stories about adults and teenagers doing stupid shit, but any links to all these kids that are getting killed and kidnapped? Don't recall seeing a single one. Even half the ones regarding adults are fake.

What exact problem are all you MMO nerds hiding from the sun solving from behind your keyboard? Remember the ridiculous accusations that playing dungeons and dragons was worshiping the devil? Or listening to backmasked messages on Led Zeppelin albums? That's you now. You're those people.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    People have died playing WoW, Starcraft and I remember back when EQ was released that EQ was "killing" people. Also, some guy just accused Bethesda for him getting fired because he didn't go to work and instead played Fallout 4. Some peoples' kids.....

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Over 24, 000 people are killed by lightning strikes around the world each year. Let's ban thunderstorms! 
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    ... why can't people think before having a knee jerk reaction to everything bad that happens.  BAN IT!  Government please step in and run our lives for us because we're too stupid to not walk in the middle of the ghetto at night to catch a charizard.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Maurgrim said:
    As soon as I heard about this game I knew It will cause deaths and accidents.
    Well It has been several deaths, people crashes their cars, people walking out in the street and getting hit by cars, people getting beat up for being in the wrong place, getting threatened with guns and baseball bats for trespassing.
    And it only gonna get worse.

I mean people with half  a brain saw this was coming with this game yet so many says, awww It's a good game, i walk alot more now, I spend more time with my kids we play together.
    Well It's a game from hell  that will cause more deaths and injuries.
    it is not the game's doing it is a good show of the sheer stupidity that our society has adapted over the years. If you die playing this game because you walked in to traffic/crashed car ect then you kind of deserve it. This is the darwin app after all

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

moshra said:
    ... why can't people think before having a knee jerk reaction to everything bad that happens.  BAN IT!  Government please step in and run our lives for us because we're too stupid to not walk in the middle of the ghetto at night to catch a charizard.

Except for guns..... We need those for shooting at those fuckin Pokemon goers 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Must be a generational thing. I don't get it at all. They play dumb games and wear tight clothes exposing themselves. What has become of us?

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Must be a generational thing. I don't get it at all. They play dumb games and wear tight clothes exposing themselves. What has become of us?
    We are just older my good friend.  As we age we stick to what we enjoy and often get complacent.  They'll be the same in 15-20 years.  Someday they'll start pointless threads about how pants are too baggy and how good games and mmos used to be made in 2015-2018.  Now everything is stupid and they refuse to spend money for 5+ years.
    Probably right my friend, and sorry. I was just ranting about cultural things. Getting old sucks lol.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Probably right my friend, and sorry. I was just ranting about cultural things. Getting old sucks lol.
    Nothing to apologize for.  I understand and regardless you are still right lol.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    edited August 2016
    "The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise."
    Socrates (Edit: or Possibly Kenneth John Freeman in 1907, still old and still valid though)

This isn't exactly a new story.
    Loke666 said:
    "The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise."
    Socrates (Edit: or Possibly Kenneth John Freeman in 1907, still old and still valid though)

True my friend. I just worry about society maybe. If we only would accept that banks actually control everything we could bring about change hehe. Thats another story all together.

Peace Bro...

Loke666 said:

True my friend. I just worry about society maybe. If we only would accept that banks actually control everything we could bring about change hehe. Thats another story all together.

Peace Bro...
    I would love to say that society will be all fine in any case but I am a bit too cynical for that.

But I seriously doubt Pokemon is any worse then GTA, D&D, Rock'n roll, Mozart or any of the other stuff that have entertained young people during the ages. Moronic/corrupt politicians, religious fanatics and greed have always been the greatest threats against humanity and I don't think that will change anytime soon.
    How dare you bring Mozart into this :) I could see Wagner or even Beethoven, but Mozart? tsk tsk bad form my friend... Let us not bring angelic creatures into too trivial conversations.

How dare you bring Mozart into this :) I could see Wagner or even Beethoven, but Mozart? tsk tsk bad form my friend... Let us not bring angelic creatures into too trivial conversations.
    Well, he was accused of influencing the youth in the wrong direction. You could replace him with Robert Johnson, Elvis, Hendrix, Snoop or Ozzy if you prefer that. Mozart was for closer to a rockstar in his time then Beethoven or Wagner. A young musical prodigy heading for destruction, sex, drugs and opera...
    jircris said:
    Maurgrim said:
    As soon as I heard about this game I knew It will cause deaths and accidents.
    Well It has been several deaths, people crashes their cars, people walking out in the street and getting hit by cars, people getting beat up for being in the wrong place, getting threatened with guns and baseball bats for trespassing.
    And it only gonna get worse.

I mean people with half  a brain saw this was coming with this game yet so many says, awww It's a good game, i walk alot more now, I spend more time with my kids we play together.
    Well It's a game from hell  that will cause more deaths and injuries.
    it is not the game's doing it is a good show of the sheer stupidity that our society has adapted over the years. If you die playing this game because you walked in to traffic/crashed car ect then you kind of deserve it. This is the darwin app after all

Not really. It probably doesn't happen anymore since kids don't play outside, but if you were older you probably remember kids chasing balls out into traffic without watching, trespassing playing games like hide and seek and manhunt, etc. Can't really say that a kid deserved to die because they chased a ball into the street can you? Shoot, if I got shot at every time I trespassed playing with friends I would probably be dead 10 times over.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Here's another perfect example of what is wrong with people today....people are playing a game, and bad things are happening b/c they aren't paying attention. So let's ban the game?? Wtf? How about people take accountability for themselves and not do stupid shit.

Some of the things said in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. Like the guy talking about a kid sneaking out to catch Pokemon during a gang initiation. Seriously?  If a kid is out playing a game and happens to get killed or hurt b/c of a gang initiation...you blame the game? Not the kids parents for not taking ACCOUNTABILITY for their children, not teaching them right from wrong, and not keeping an eye on them? Or not the gang for existing and being out hurting people for no reason other than to let new people into their illegal, immoral, dangerous  organization?

Bad things happen. Worse things happen when people don't pay attention, or use common sense. Let's not feed into this idiocy of people not taking accountability for their own damn selves and their actions b/c that's all I've heard in this thread as reasons to ban a game. You don't like it? Don't play it. But lets stop blaming everything around us for our problems and actually accept some responsibility.

I have kids and I'll be damned if I let someone tell me my kids can't play a game b/c of stupid things other people are doing while mine are being safe and responsible with it.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Loke666 said:
    Dullahan said:
    You can't expect the people who made the game to be held accountable for people's stupidity.
    The correct world is "shouldn't", not "can't". But yeah, if you sued everyone that made a product that could be misused due to incompetence we wouldn't have cars, planes or even electricity. 
    This ^^^^ real problem is stupid people. If your gonna sue someone, sue them. 
  • KeanNKeanN Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited August 2016

Yes Mr. hindsight (Also known as OP) , I belive you are absolutely right, Pokémon Go is clearly the source of all evil, and should be banned from this earth.

While we are at it, why stop there??, I think we should put the ban hammer to some other stuff:

Fireworks,  over 10 000 injuries each year.

Swimming, drowning is the third leading cause of unintentional death worldwide claiming hundreds of thousands of lives annually.

Electricity: electrocution claims about 1,000 lives in the United States annually

Dogs, apparently 20 ppl are killed by dogs each year alone, and 2% of the total population are bitten.

Cars, bicycles, etc : probably one of the most dangerous things any of us ever do on a regular basis, motor vehicle accidents alone claim about 50,000 American lives annually

Running, you might think im crazy, but think about it! all the injuries in sports and just in general.

If everybody was walking, there would be so many less injured.

I personally think, the government should just stich everybody to a comfy sitting chair, with food supplied intravenously, then we would all be safe!!!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Tiamat64 said:
    Soki123 said:

Some people are clueless on why people want it banned. Its  not the game itself it s the fact that dumb people are getting hurt or worse killed.

Lots of people don't want it banned for precisely that same reason.

More to what that point is, but snip it for your point.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Maybe after we ban stupid people from having children, we can work on some of these smaller less significant items.

sarcasm in effect

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    I am not sure about Pokemon Go since I do not play it.   My impression is though, that you do not hear of many people being killed or having serious accidents playing... lets say Lord of the Rings Online or Call of Duty.

My concern is really the fact that people are completely emotionally attached to their phones now.   And this is what leads to said accidents.   I am not advocating banning devices or games.   But I do think we have a problem here.   And I don't think it is just a "Darwin" or "Stupid people" problem either.

It is a phone pandemic.   Younger people are being indoctrinated into today's culture that says you must have a phone and be connected  24/7.    It is one thing to use technology to make your life better.   What I see today though, is that technology is controlling us.   Like an addiction.   

Pokemon Go is just another symptom of how easily we can be controlled by technology.  It is rather frightening to me but I confess I don't know what the answer is.

People seem to want machines to make their lives fulfilling, and we seem to be forgetting how to achieve this by ourselves.

And yes this is an older person's perspective,  take it with a grain of salt, it is possible that I "just don't get it"

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Loke666 said:
    Well, he was accused of influencing the youth in the wrong direction. You could replace him with Robert Johnson, Elvis, Hendrix, Snoop or Ozzy if you prefer that. Mozart was for closer to a rockstar in his time then Beethoven or Wagner. A young musical prodigy heading for destruction, sex, drugs and opera...
    You don't even have a concept my friend. Not even a clue. If you drew a circle and labeled it music. Mozart would be almost entirely the circle. I don't think you understand how Mozart breached the gap from the baroque period and introduced the romantic period. I could go on and on how naive you are but I will stop.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Loke666 said:
    You don't even have a concept my friend. Not even a clue. If you drew a circle and labeled it music. Mozart would be almost entirely the circle. I don't think you understand how Mozart breached the gap from the baroque period and introduced the romantic period. I could go on and on how naive you are but I will stop.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Loke666 said:
    Actually you are the one being naive here.

While everything you have said about Mozart is true, and we could add many things about his talent and his music. But he was immature, hedonistic and self-destructive. He was the rockstar of his time. He drank to excess, including the then hallucinogenic absinthe, he smoked hemp, he flirted outrageously and partied heavily.

In short a flawed genius.