Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to ban this game from the face of the earth.

Comments

• MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Big brother is rarely the solution to a problem, if ever. How about expecting people use common sense and let those who lack it face the consequences?!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Multibyte said:
    Big brother is rarely the solution to a problem, if ever. How about expecting people use common sense and let those who lack it face the consequences?!
    Im not on the side of a Ban , kinda silly , ya know kids that are 8,9, 10, 13... etc.. dont really have a whole lot of common sense ... If your 9 year old walk into oncoming traffic playing Pokemon, and was killed and we said , " Well to bad he faces the consequences for his lack of common sense "    Sounds fuggin stupid now doesnt it ..

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Natural Selection
    I would not let my family  or kids to play it . Also it's a stupid game for noobs .....But noobs suck !
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Scorchien said:
    Multibyte said:
    Im not on the side of a Ban , kinda silly , ya know kids that are 8,9, 10, 13... etc.. dont really have a whole lot of common sense ... If your 9 year old walk into oncoming traffic playing Pokemon, and was killed and we said , " Well to bad he faces the consequences for his lack of common sense "    Sounds fuggin stupid now doesnt it ..

No big brother no roads. Would be a lot safer for all the players then. Yep ban roads ......
  • ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Maurgrim said:
    As soon as I heard about this game I knew It will cause deaths and accidents.
    Well It has been several deaths, people crashes their cars, people walking out in the street and getting hit by cars, people getting beat up for being in the wrong place, getting threatened with guns and baseball bats for trespassing.
    And it only gonna get worse.

I mean people with half  a brain saw this was coming with this game yet so many says, awww It's a good game, i walk alot more now, I spend more time with my kids we play together.
    Well It's a game from hell  that will cause more deaths and injuries.
    if thats the case, lets just ban cellphones.... better yet lets ban all electronic devices.... 
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Natural Selection
    I would not let my family  or kids to play it . Also it's a stupid game for noobs .....But noobs suck !
    Can we please stop this Natural Selection BS? If nothing else it is disrespectful for the unlucky people hurt while playing PG plus it shows cruelty and a complete lack of compassion.

What's wrong with letting your kids play this game in a moderated fashion ?  A game that actually makes them move outdoors and socialize ?

I guess you would prefer them sitting in front of a monitor shooting bad guys and zombies. Like zombies..
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited August 2016
    Shodanas said:
    Natural Selection
    Can we please stop this Natural Selection BS? If nothing else it is disrespectful for the unlucky people hurt while playing PG plus it shows cruelty and a complete lack of compassion.

What's wrong with letting your kids play this game in a moderated fashion ?  A game that actually makes them move outdoors and socialize ?

I guess you would prefer them sitting in front of a monitor shooting bad guys and zombies. Like zombies..
    I guess you wold prefer them walking around like idiots staring in phones ? Before Pokemon Go we had this kind of individual that walking in street were staring into their gadgets only  now their number just grown .

If they don't have instinct to survive sooner or later to such people something will happen.

Parents should not allow their kids play this game because most of the time they are not  with them but kids do stupid things without Pokemon Go .
    When I was 7 I almost Set on Fire neighbors house later I made some retarded electric device and almost got killed . Mom was at work ......Kids do lot of stupid things but genial now we have game so that they stare into them in the street not only this but streets today are much more dangerous than back in the day ...Idk how now and then  is USA but in Soviet Union was much more safer for kids than today .

Roaming on the streets never was safe ....

For all these cases are responsible irresponsible parents that should have never became parents .

I have compassion more than you but I'm sick of it modern millennial parents are reckless idiots irresponsible arrogant stupid generation of young parents Egocentric cunts they are glad that now they have more ME TIME by sending idiot kid roaming after Pokemon .
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Muke said:
    It's fate.

If someone is that stupid to walk across a highway/walk off a cliff/walk on the railroad tracks etc etc etc completely focused on his/her smartphone screen, what can you do about it?

I feel sorry though for the ppl that are behind the steering wheels, they have to live the rest of their lives with the fact they might have killed someone in a traffic accident.

Brother Lemmy!
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited August 2016
    It's a game that anyone can play no matter the age and IQ.
    Someone sead It's the same as driving a car, no It's not, you need a driving license to drive a car.
    This will be the first game in history that have so much death and accidents in such a short time It's been live.
    Defend this game all you want, you know I'm right in this, you are just defending a game you enjoy and don't see what it does to people.

You say don't ban something that only dumb people fall for,  such as run straight out in the road or be at the wrong place, you say It's their fault for not using their brain.
    Does that also go for drugs?

I say ban this shit, no game in history have had so many deaths and accidents in such
    short time than Pokemon go has been live.

If you defend Pokemon go, you defend stupidity.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2016
    Maurgrim said:

This will be the first game in history that have so much death and accidents in such a short time It's been live.
    Do you have an actual source for all these deaths and accidents that are allegedly occurring?

So far all of the remotely serious ones I've seen people link to were on fake news sites making up fake articles for the lolz.

The game itself isn't intensive enough to get the vast majority of the population into accidents.  It's incredibly passive really.  You only need to look at the game like, once every 10 minutes, grab whatever's available in a few seconds, then get back to your life.
  • LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Pokeymans don't kill people. If anything, they are helping us reveal who has mental issues and who is sane.
    I belief the first sign of insanity is to believe you are sane and those others are not.  
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    I support natural selection, let idiots die.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Maurgrim said:
    Well It has been several deaths, people crashes their cars, people walking out in the street and getting hit by cars, people getting beat up for being in the wrong place, getting threatened with guns and baseball bats for trespassing.

I mean people with half  a brain saw this was coming with this game yet so many says, awww It's a good game, i walk alot more now, I spend more time with my kids we play together.
    honestly bro it is bringing back survival of the fittest so in a way its kind of a good thing in the long run, less dumb people ^^
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Some people are clueless on why people want it banned. Its  not the game itself it s the fact that dumb people are getting hurt or worse killed. You can indirectly blame the game, the game itself is directing people to these places.

Without this stupid game directing people to these spots, this shit wouldn t happen.

People claiming it s getting lazy kids off their asses, maybe their parents should display some authority and not just hand them a remote instead.

People are so f n soft nowadays it s pathetic.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Can't blame a game for people being stupid. Stupid people will be stupid no matter what they are doing. 
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2016
    Well I know some parents whose kids wanted to go to some museums. Sure they wanted to go because they were pokestops but at the same time they got to take in Dali's and other stuff. Poor dumb kids being tricked into taking in culture ..... oh wait dumb kids don;t do culture - sorry pokehaters no culture for you.
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Whatever happened to just crushing some candy from the safety of your couch? Still, some irony to see gamers asking for a game to be banned. If this were any other game, we would say a ban is overreacting, the game is not the root cause, etc. etc.

As for this particular game, suppose you ban it; Then what? With the money up for grabs, and a vacuum to fill, another game will come to fill the niche. So, instead of banning the game, you need to ban this type of game, but then another type of game will fill the niche. As long as mobile devices are entrenched in society, people will find new a creative ways to injure themselves while doing something on that mobile device. 

Since the game released, Niantic has at least added more "common sense" warning that users need to acknowledge before they can play. Also, If a person is going faster then a certain speed (i think 40 km/h) the user will need to acknowledge they are the passenger in a vehicle. They've also implemented, what seems to be, a fairly straightforward process to have "Pokestops" and "Gyms" removed. While these changes do not wrap a person in bubble wrap and save them from themselves, they are a step that hopefully bridges some of the "common sense" gap.

I expect we'll see this, and new games like it, evolve to try to counter thoughtlessness, but as the saying goes: "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Soki123 said:

Some people are clueless on why people want it banned. Its  not the game itself it s the fact that dumb people are getting hurt or worse killed.

Lots of people don't want it banned for precisely that same reason.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    I don't understand. People walked around surgically attached to their phones before this game launched. 
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    USA: Where carrying a gun is fine, but carrying a phone is frowned upon.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    You see now they're thinking about banning toy guns, and they're going to keep the fucking real ones!
    - George Carlin
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • InfearealInfeareal Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Maurgrim said:
    Someone sead It's the same as driving a car, no It's not, you need a driving license to drive a car.
    Defend this game all you want, you know I'm right in this, you are just defending a game you enjoy and don't see what it does to people.

You say don't ban something that only dumb people fall for,  such as run straight out in the road or be at the wrong place, you say It's their fault for not using their brain.

I say ban this shit, no game in history have had so many deaths and accidents in such

2014 - 726 bicyclists killed while riding their bike, no license required. Same year 4,884 pedestrians killed, no license needed and no pokemon go making them run out into traffic. 52 sports related deaths of underage kids on average per year and 8,000 ER visits per day due to sports related injuries for kids. Bring some statistically significant data to the table before you start accusing people of defending stupidity because all your doing is blowing a lot of hot air and not looking very bright yourself. Just wasting peoples time with an irrelevant and unproven argument.

If you need to see data and are unable to google it came from NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts and the Youth Sports Safety Alliance.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Infeareal said:
    Maurgrim said:

2014 - 726 bicyclists killed while riding their bike, no license required. Same year 4,884 pedestrians killed, no license needed and no pokemon go making them run out into traffic. 52 sports related deaths of underage kids on average per year and 8,000 ER visits per day due to sports related injuries for kids. Bring some statistically significant data to the table before you start accusing people of defending stupidity because all your doing is blowing a lot of hot air and not looking very bright yourself. Just wasting peoples time with an irrelevant and unproven argument.

If you need to see data and are unable to google it came from NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts and the Youth Sports Safety Alliance.
    What will happen to the accident figures once everyone starts playing this game driving a car. Those cyclist and pedestrians didnt kill themselves they were hit by moving vehicles. Some cyclists might have died of heart attacks and maybe a couple from high speed crashes or a pile up in a group but not likely. its also unlikely that either group suddenly veered into oncoming traffic where someone who was paying attention and/or doing the speed limit couldnt have avoided them. Especially if the driver did what anyone does when they see that type of traffic...slow down and pay attention.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Dullahan said:
    You can't expect the people who made the game to be held accountable for people's stupidity.
    The correct world is "shouldn't", not "can't". But yeah, if you sued everyone that made a product that could be misused due to incompetence we wouldn't have cars, planes or even electricity. 
  • dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Maurgrim said:

Natural selection taking its course. People are stupid that's a fact. It's not the games fault for these accidents.