Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to ban this game from the face of the earth.

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 942
As soon as I heard about this game I knew It will cause deaths and accidents.
Well It has been several deaths, people crashes their cars, people walking out in the street and getting hit by cars, people getting beat up for being in the wrong place, getting threatened with guns and baseball bats for trespassing.
And it only gonna get worse.

I mean people with half  a brain saw this was coming with this game yet so many says, awww It's a good game, i walk alot more now, I spend more time with my kids we play together.
Well It's a game from hell  that will cause more deaths and injuries.
«1345

Comments

  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited August 2016
    It's fate.

    If someone is that stupid to walk across a highway/walk off a cliff/walk on the railroad tracks etc etc etc completely focused on his/her smartphone screen, what can you do about it?

    I feel sorry though for the ppl that are behind the steering wheels, they have to live the rest of their lives with the fact they might have killed someone in a traffic accident.
    Post edited by Muke on

    "going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited August 2016
    damn this forum  code is fed up lol.
    Post edited by Muke on

    "going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited August 2016
    and another edit turned into a new post. :P
    Post edited by Muke on

    "going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 4,864
    People have been asking bans for new technology since TV started becoming popular.

    Where would our society be now if we had listened to those people who want to ban change?
     
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 330
    Can't we just ban people and be over with it?
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,441
    I think we should also ban cars because there are people who crash them causing lethal accidents. We can continue with alcohol. Drunk people are also more likely to get injured or killed. Then what, knives? I have heared about people who cut their fingers off when slicing onions.

    There are billions of people on the planet. There will be accidents, injuries and deaths. Placing ban on everything that may cause death or injury is not the solution.

    I am fed up of making general laws based on the needs of the weak or those who do not respect the rules. 

    There are those who like to attack planes, so I cannot bring a bottle of water on the board with me. There are those who get drunk at the football stadium and destroy things, so I cannot order a beer when watching the game. There are many rules which make us, people who adhere to simple ethical rules, worse off.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,241
    When they introduced the selfie who would think people will try to stand in front of an oncoming train and try to take one or fall off a mountainside while taking one. You cannot legislate against stupidity. 

  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member UncommonPosts: 203
    How about we blame the people playing the game for their own carelessness and stupidity.
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Ohhh, let's have the government limit our freedom to force us to encounter less risk.  It works/worked amazingly well with drugs and homosexuality.  At the end of the day, you're going to want your freedom back, whether you intend to use it or not.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,448

    80-20 rule, I ll let you figure out which is the stupid people number. I think the game is stupid personally, but it s not the games fault, it s the stupid people playing it.

    That said, I m sure more countries will start banning it, which doesn t effect me either way, as I ll never play it.

  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Maurgrim said:
    As soon as I heard about this game I knew It will cause deaths and accidents.
    Well It has been several deaths, people crashes their cars, people walking out in the street and getting hit by cars, people getting beat up for being in the wrong place, getting threatened with guns and baseball bats for trespassing.
    And it only gonna get worse.

    I mean people with half  a brain saw this was coming with this game yet so many says, awww It's a good game, i walk alot more now, I spend more time with my kids we play together.
    Well It's a game from hell  that will cause more deaths and injuries.
    Interesting... 

    So I assume you have more than half a brain? 
  • SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82
    The game is Darwinism at its best ;)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 29,343
    Almost everything we do in life carries a risk of harming us, especially recreational activities.

    How many people have died riding bicycles, racing cars, climbing mountains, skiing, base jumping, playing football, etc?

    Even benign sports like golf have seen numerous people hurt or killed from everything from being hit in the head by a golf ball, rolling their golf cart, being hit by lighting or even killed by alligators.

    This game is no different, it takes people outdoors, and in some cases people are either irresponsible or just unlucky and get hurt.

    Stuff happens.....doesn't mean we should ban things because of it.

    Heading out now for my regular road cycling exercise. I'll wear a helmet but will have a headset on.  If I die in the process I hope no one will call for a ban on bicycles, cell phones, headsets, music or automobiles. Just my own damn fault and I'll own it.  ;)

    Ten types of internet trolls - Which one are you?

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon





  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Anything that makes basement dwellers go into the sunlight can't be all that bad. 
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,271
    How many people, in general, just die from doing stupid stuff not related to Pokemon Global Offensive? A lot, so much so that the Darwin Awards became a thing. There's warning signs all over the place because somewhere someone did the stupid thing that the warning sign told you not to.

    The game is just a game. It is not the cause of the deaths. The cause of death is the irresponsibility of those who are engaged in an activity in a dangerous way.

    People are responsible for their own actions.
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 249
    kitarad said:
    When they introduced the selfie who would think people will try to stand in front of an oncoming train and try to take one or fall off a mountainside while taking one. You cannot legislate against stupidity. 
    Seatbelt/ Motorcycle helmet laws.

    They can try.

    Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,336
    Can't fix stupid
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,907
    So we have one game which doesn't require the gamer glued on his chair, instead it wants him outdoors walking, moving his but and we shall ban it.

    Blame the players for the mishaps not the game.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,271
    mrputts said:
    kitarad said:
    When they introduced the selfie who would think people will try to stand in front of an oncoming train and try to take one or fall off a mountainside while taking one. You cannot legislate against stupidity. 
    Seatbelt/ Motorcycle helmet laws.

    They can try.
    Many of those laws aren't necessarily there to protect the stupid person who won't wear their seatbelt or helmet. They were created more to protect the others around them. A person being ejected from a car is more or less a weapon flying through the sky, since your typical adult weighs 120lbs or more. There's potential for that now flying soon-to-be-corpse to kill someone else.

    Helmet laws. Well, they more or less spare everyone else around the motorcyclist to witness a near guaranteed death depending on the mechanism of injury. Most motorcyclists that I know, know how to lay their bike down and save themselves though, regardless of helmet.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member UncommonPosts: 3,640
    This reminds me of the guy who sued a game maker because he was addicted.
    Yeah the problem is the game and not people's lack of common sense.
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Darwin Awards FTW!
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Can't fix stupid
    Quoted for truth, and answer to a lot of life's problems.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 5,999
    edited August 2016
    You can also look at it from a different perspective and see this game is the best that has happened to mankind.

    This game prunes the human race through natural selection. Population conservation at it's finest.
    Post edited by JeroKane on
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 435
     ban war, ban corporate greed, ban fossil fuels, ban hierarchy, ban alcohol, ban bad foods, ban killing of animals, there are many things to ban before pokémongo. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
  • Gobstopper3DGobstopper3D Member UncommonPosts: 595
    edited August 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Almost everything we do in life carries a risk of harming us, especially recreational activities.

    How many people have died riding bicycles, racing cars, climbing mountains, skiing, base jumping, playing football, etc?

    Even benign sports like golf have seen numerous people hurt or killed from everything from being hit in the head by a golf ball, rolling their golf cart, being hit by lighting or even killed by alligators.

    This game is no different, it takes people outdoors, and in some cases people are either irresponsible or just unlucky and get hurt.

    Stuff happens.....doesn't mean we should ban things because of it.

    Heading out now for my regular road cycling exercise. I'll wear a helmet but will have a headset on.  If I die in the process I hope no one will call for a ban on bicycles, cell phones, headsets, music or automobiles. Just my own damn fault and I'll own it.  ;)
    Lets hope that Pokemon player who is playing while driving a car doesn't run you over while your on your bike, but accidents happen...

    When mankind ushered in internet age, they ushered out common sense.
    Post edited by Gobstopper3D on

    I'm not an IT Specialist, Game Developer, or Clairvoyant in real life, but like others on here, I play one on the internet.

Sign In or Register to comment.