Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else facing major issues with NMS on PC?

124»

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Gamer Nexus had a look at the game's piss poor performance

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    JeroKane said:
    DKLond said:
    JeroKane said:
    DKLond said:
    JeroKane said:
    DKLond said:
    You keep dodging everything. First you say something is possible, and then you concede that it's not and you make excuses for why it's not.

Here, from the article:

When you look at what’s happening here, it’s incredible. Alien animals are moving in vast herds, there are tall reptiles bathing in water, a large predator is knocking down trees in an attempt to attack or frighten another, prompting a panicked stampede – all interesting animal behaviour. 

Are you saying you've seen those things?

Do you really see animals bathing in the water? I don't. They are standing there in same position and the ones standing on land. And yes I have not seen this yet, but my brother did on one planet he found, where animals were walking through water.

Two days ago I found my first planet With lots of water, with sea animals.

And I said I have not encountered a herd of animals, but others have and I said someone actually just posted a Picture of that right on this site in another topic!

And I also said, the only thing from that trailer which I have NOT seen yet in any Picture or footage is that predator stampeding thing.
    And that footage is also no longer present in the 2016 trailer! Nor any actual gameplay footage from 2015 - 2016 !

Here is the 2016 launch trailer:

So, what you're saying is that you haven't seen any of it except you know someone has seen a herd. He's not talking about walking through water - but bathing. He's talking about sophisticated behavior like provoking stampedes. None of that seems to be in the game anymore.

Except you're saying it IS in the game, people just haven't found it.

If that is the case, then why is it no longer in the new trailers?

I'm confused.

Do you believe those things are in the game or not?

I just checked again the E3 2014 trailer, but please tell me where you see animals bathing in the water?
    All I see is two big brontosaur like animals "STANDING" in the water looking around. That's it.
    They are not lying there bathing themselves. lol.

People sure have a huge imagination.

AGAIN! The only thing and I mean, the ONLY thing I have not seen in any other video material, is that stampede scene with that Rino.

That's it!  Everything else he is ranting about, is in fact in the game.

Those are but examples in the first paragraph. The article is quite long.

Ok, you don't think them standing around in water is bathing, that's fine. But have you seen animals standing around like that in water, then?

You acknowledge that you haven't seen a stampede.

Again, do you believe a stampede is in the game or not?

Dude. Really. I don't know what to say.

I told you my Brother found a planet with water and saw animals walking through water.

Another person on this site posted a Picture of a animal herd she encountered on her planet.

I have encountered aggresive large insect like animals and plants attacking me.

And how do I know if a stampede is in the game. Like you said, the game just released.

It's procedural generation and RNG. So too early to tell.

I have not seen large walking sentinel robots on the surface yet either. Though, I expect thougher animals and enemies to appear further into the game, so People have a chance to upgrade first.
    So maybe that big stampeding Rino will appear on a planet closer to the Galaxy center. Who knows.
    You don't HAVE to say anything.

If you don't want to answer my question, that's cool.

But I'll try again.

Here:

There are no stampeding herds, no beasts lounging in the nearest river (no rivers at all), no animals tearing up trees or muck. Subsequent trailers have the same problem. There are no giant sand worms,there are no huge shipwrecks on the planet’s surface, no low sweeps across the landscape. In fact, for a game that extols freedom, it’s strange that your ship cannot fly lower than 50 metres without being forced to hover over an invisible barrier. There will be no races through narrow canyons here.

Are any of those things untrue?
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited August 2016
    Posted my mr. Murphy himself yesterday in the GameOn #87 news topic down in the comments:

And in same topic Teala posted a pic with following text:

I agree with you psiic, just because they haven't seen it doesn't mean its not in game.  I've come across planets with large herds of animals moving about nomming grass.  When you approach they tend to scatter though...like this one.  I'm actually in the middle of a herd of these things - which was over 20+ in size. 

More and more new stuff is discovered by players each day.

So again, just because that guy hasn't seen it yet, then it must not be in the game, so lets scream deceit, lies, false advertisement and murder on the internet!!  /facepalm
    While if you are just a bit patient, you will now see that People actually do Discover a lot of this stuff already and posting about it.
    JeroKane said:
    Posted my mr. Murphy himself yesterday in the GameOn #87 news topic down in the comments:

I agree with you psiic, just because they haven't seen it doesn't mean its not in game.  I've come across planets with large herds of animals moving about nomming grass.  When you approach they tend to scatter though...like this one.  I'm actually in the middle of a herd of these things - which was over 20+ in size. 

So again, just because that guy hasn't seen it yet, then it must not be in the game, so lets scream deceit, lies, false advertisement and murder on the internet!!  /facepalm
    While if you are just a bit patient, you will now see that People actually do Discover a lot of this stuff already and posting about it.
    You're still refusing to answer my question.

This is the third time.

Ok, I'm giving up. You're not interested in being fair or reasonable.

Have fun with NMS, though!
    DKLond said:
    JeroKane said:

This is the third time.

I am not refusing anything. I am tired of repeating myself. Watch the video and check the Teala post.

JeroKane said:
    DKLond said:
    JeroKane said:

This is the third time.

I am not refusing anything. I am tired of repeating myself. Watch the video and check the Teala post.

It's all good. I wish you a good time with the game :)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Gamer Nexus had a look at the game's piss poor performance

Worth watching just because it goes into a lot of detail about how they tested it, and the results, tbh, because they were replicated over all the GPU's tested, makes you wonder just how many people actually have the game working at acceptable levels or are just 'putting up with it' so to speak. Hopefully they will do a retest once the game has been fixed!
    I have the following configuration:

Intel Core i5 with 8 GB of RAM.
    MSI Geforce GTX770
    OS on SSD disk
    Game on 7200rpm 1 TB harddrive

Windows 10+new update and latest NVidia drivers

The only stutter and horrible performance I had was when starting the game for first time.
    After that I adjust the game settings, like setting resolution to my monitor native resolution 2560x1440, disabling vSync, changing max FPS to max and setitng all rendering quality settings to High.

After that, the game ran great with an occasional stutter, so I disabled AA.

After that.... not a single stutter anymore.  I cannot stand bad performance and especially lag and stuttering. If it was really this bad, I would have asked for refund on Steam.

I must be Lucky with the hardware configuration I have and managing to fix it with just adjusting Graphics settings. Seeing how others are still struggling.

I do know People with AMD Phenom CPU were not able to play and that has been fixed with the experimental patch.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    If the game works for you and is fun (that includes me), then great. If it's not working well or you don't like it, Steam's refund was the option to take. As this is a PC gaming website, I've no idea or care about th PS4 version.

But the thing not to do is spend more of your life moaning about the game as any money and time you feel you wasted is just being increased by posting complaint after complaint.

By now, you are either keeping it (because you want to) or you refunded it. Either way, you have nothing to complain about, so let those of us who enjoy it, do so.
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

this guys review is perfect