Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else facing major issues with NMS on PC?

MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
Heya, 

So after playing for a while already i haven't been able to play at all on PC, overall black screens, white screens and crashes are being something that breaks the game occasionally....real issue is performance... a GTX 980 being averaging 30FPS on the game, with drops to 10 when approaching in on objects and other occasions.

If anybody else has played already on PC, how's been your experience with it?

Comments

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    MaxBacon said:
    Heya, 

So after playing for a while already i haven't been able to play at all on PC, overall black screens, white screens and crashes are being something that breaks the game occasionally....real issue is performance... a GTX 980 being averaging 30FPS on the game, with drops to 10 when approaching in on objects and other occasions.

If anybody else has played already on PC, how's been your experience with it?
    Holy cow, is optimization this bad ? If a 980 averages only 30 fps i sunder to think how my 970 will do.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited August 2016
    The game is locked at 30 fps, unlock it in options.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    edited August 2016
    I'm playing flawlessly sans some minor hitching. 60fps 1440p 980ti. I know I'm the exception. 

Steam: Neph

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Shodanas said:
    Holy cow, is optimization this bad ? If a 980 averages only 30 fps i sunder to think how my 970 will do.
    Yup there's something going on here that makes no sense at all.

People seem to also be sharing around to cap the FPS to max that does help. I think it's the PC port is just one of those... I'll wait for patches to get the worse issues sorted before i get to play seriously.
    Maurgrim said:
    Yup had did that little ago, the FPS can go over it yet the drops to 10 sometimes still occasionally.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    PS4 files found inside the PC's game folder

Atleast it's clear why PC review copies weren't sent out.

HG are going to be burning the midnight oil to try and recover from this fiasco, 32% of 4850 reviews are positive. Ouch!
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm playing flawlessly sans some minor hitching. 60fps 1440p 980ti. I know I'm the exception. 
    That's mildly encouraging, seeing as I have a 980ti as well.

I'll know in the next hour or so, my download is nearly at 75% now !
    Maurgrim said:
    Ah, the heritage of PS4. Sony's "next gen" console. Not that Xbone is any better. :p
    It's just sad to see. If the PC version wasn't ready they shouldn't have released it. At least instead of full release do it as early access, at least people would know that it's unstable.

That's mildly encouraging, seeing as I have a 980ti as well.

I'll know in the next hour or so, my download is nearly at 75% now !
    Yeah it's being very mixed, seems to be hardware related so some of us will do better than others.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Yeah regardless of me getting lucky I'm pretty disappointed with the PC launch especially considering they pushed it back

Steam: Neph

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    I have a 970 and the game works fine so far, playing over 2h, no problems.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Daikuru said:
    It's amazing yeah i just saw people with the 970 running better than the 980. Maybe it is CPU related.
    Have you got to fly yet?
    MaxBacon said:
    Daikuru said:
    It's amazing yeah i just saw people with the 970 running better than the 980. Maybe it is CPU related.
    Have you got to fly yet?
    Which driver version are you running ?
    Shodanas said:
    Which driver version are you running ?
    It's on 368.81
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    MaxBacon said:
    Daikuru said:
    Have you got to fly yet?
    I discovered some planets and a few systems. But the game just crashed now lol :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Oh btw the game will RIP if you tab out on full-screen, border-less window will do the trick.
    My Steam download  just finished... and immediately started downloading an 18mb patch it seems ! 0.o
    My Steam download  just finished... and immediately started downloading an 18mb patch it seems ! 0.o
    18MB.. you mean 18GB.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    A lot of issues with the game reported. I highly recommend waiting for issues to be fixed. Hitching is a major issue and its performance is less then stellar as of now.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    the whole game is supposed to be 6GB..the patch better not be 18GB

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

Oh my, 2 hours sure go by quickly, lol

I'm greatly relieved to say I've had no crashes and only slight hitching so far.

Loving it !

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • KelenekiKeleneki Member UncommonPosts: 32
    It runs really well with everything maxed and unlocked FPS on the GTX 1080.  Connected to the Asus Rog Swift G-Sync monitor, it shows from ~80-120.  I'm super happy with this game.  Semi-retired, being able to play Captain Kirk or Spaceman Spiff as I choose.  Woohoo!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

moral of the video, wait before you buy