I've recently been trying to find a book on how to basically zone out and remain calm in today's world, where:
1. A band of children poke an innocent kittens eyes in the most gruesome way and laugh.
2. Shark fins get cut off for "soup" and they are thrown away to die.
3. People who torture and skin dogs alive and then actually eat them.
4. Where you defend yourself on the street and you get charged with an assault.
5. Where you get 20 years in prison for having marijuana (I'm from Lithuania) while someone who is 19 years old, drives a fucking BMW (duh) and smashes into a mother and her daughter while they're crossing the street, ripping them to pieces and gets 2 years and free weekends (This story is true)
6. I could go on, but you get the gist.
Are there any recent books that deal with these topics I mentioned? I mean on self-control and how to zone out (Please don't give me the "go-and-change-everything" routine. It's not going to work. If you think you can change the world, please think it through again). Because honestly, sometimes one just wishes the world would end, because human race deserves it so much.
This was a bit of a rant, excuse me.