Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

Comments

• nightbloomnightbloom Silkroad Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 31
    • Twitter:  If you have it, tag posts with #P2WBDO or something like that and complain, publicly and loudly.
    • Facebook:  Tag Black Desert Online and complain, a lot.
    • YouTube:  If you have that talent, create videos and make sure you tag that game so that people will find them when they search for videos about Black Desert.
    • Email Pear Abyss:  contact@PearlAbyss.com  and let them know how you feel.  There is a lot of difficulty in digging up contacts for this game so if you have more, post them.
    • Write reviews:  I have a review account with MMORPG.com and I will be writing a review right away.  It often takes some time for this to be reviewed and published, so get on this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_review_websites  If writing isnt your skill, comment on articles about Black Desert on these sites.
    • Reddit:  There are a lot of subreddits for gaming.  /r/Gaming etc.  Go write stuff about this development and why it is bad.
    • Change your guild tag to the image from Jordine (those guys are my heroes) http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_08_2016/p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721.png.38321368042d6027360328804c045da5.png
    • Complain, a lot.  Make your voice heard in every single way you can think of.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,725
    edited August 2016
    ...or you can grow up a bit.

People buy stuff they like, that is how the world works and games are no exception.

Nothing wrong there.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,776
    Thourne said:
    I sympathize with all of you. There is no definite answer. Everywhere I look I see interesting games. If a game falls out of grace with me or us, we can move on to another game.
      I don't even know who exactly this system is supposed to appeal to. 

The system appears to be very appealing to the people at Daum. We as consumers have to decide if that applies to us.
    Actually it appears to be what Pearl Abyss wants. 
    It actually looks like, in this case, Daum is caught in the middle.
    Interesting I wonder if Daum has any say in the matter.
    I wouldn't be surprised if their contract had stipulations where if certain goals aren't met, PA reserves the right to step in and make decisions.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    edited August 2016
    Gdemami said:
    ...or you can grow up a bit.

People buy stuff they like, that is how the world works and games are no exception.

Nothing wrong there.
    "People will buy stuff they like", wow that's a profound and insightful statement from a habitual LOL-button presser.  Thanks for that.
    edited August 2016
    holdenhamlet said:
    "People will buy stuff they like", wow that's a profound and insightful statement from a habitual LOL-button presser.  Thanks for that.
    Despite(or because of?) your comment making no sense whatsoever, you earned the "LOL", mission accomplished...?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,765
    Thourne said:
    I sympathize with all of you. There is no definite answer. Everywhere I look I see interesting games. If a game falls out of grace with me or us, we can move on to another game.

The system appears to be very appealing to the people at Daum. We as consumers have to decide if that applies to us.
    I've given them the benefit of the doubt since I made the decision to start playing, but after this comment of theirs that the whole thing is to just allow people that don't spend money in the shop access to shop items, I'm done.
    Funny, the $30.00 skins were one of the big things keeping me away. Knowing I can earn them in game with game coin. I maybe trying this game soon. 

Nanfoodle said:
    Thourne said:

I've given them the benefit of the doubt since I made the decision to start playing, but after this comment of theirs that the whole thing is to just allow people that don't spend money in the shop access to shop items, I'm done.
    Funny, the $30.00 skins were one of the big things keeping me away. Knowing I can earn them in game with game coin. I maybe trying this game soon. 
    Sure you'll be able to.  If you want to forfeit any and all progress on your gear during a week of grinding to get one outfit.

Those outfits will not be cheap.  They go for 70 million silver in Korea.
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    I'm glad that my CB experience, and the 7-day pass I got from a friend, showed me that the texture pop-in in this game is so abhorrent that it gave me a headache. 

"Technical marvel", my ass.  "Pushing the boundaries of PC graphics", my ass x2.  When an expensive gaming rig produces foliage and features morphing 5 meters from my character, methinks the game needs some serious work before it launches.  Ooops, guess it's too late for that.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
    Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter.
    And Blizzard never ever disappointed me that way. And they will never.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    I've got the feeling Daum EU cares but kakoa in kr is like show me the money and dont care about how we feel and their way is absolute.
    Well, if you look at that thread, growing by like 1 page per minute, they better care, or they will soon lose the majority of the people who pay for the game.

I'm quite used to "disagreement with developer" threads, and honestly, I've rarely seen a shitstorm like that. And each time I've seen one, it ended very badly for the development company.
    Really?  AA doesn't really seem to be suffering, lots of whales still visible on the servers I've visited lately...
    Aeolyn said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:

Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    I've got the feeling Daum EU cares but kakoa in kr is like show me the money and dont care about how we feel and their way is absolute.
    Well, if you look at that thread, growing by like 1 page per minute, they better care, or they will soon lose the majority of the people who pay for the game.

I'm quite used to "disagreement with developer" threads, and honestly, I've rarely seen a shitstorm like that. And each time I've seen one, it ended very badly for the development company.
    Really?  AA doesn't really seem to be suffering, lots of whales still visible on the servers I've visited lately...
    Define "lots".  Also, do you think those whales would be happy paying $150 a week and still losing all their fights?  Because you will lose in BDO unless you grind thanks to the limit on cash shop sales.
  • redonyouredonyou Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I'm pretty disappointed by this tbh. I always knew this game going full on p2w was a possibility, I just thought it would be in the game's best interest long-term no to do so, and hoped that the developer agreed. They certainly made enough announcements to communicate that they're aware of how strongly people feel about the issue, but apparently still felt this was the best way for them to make their money.

Whatever. Count me as one of the people who actually logged off the game today rather than leaving it running for afk activities. I know that might sound like a silly statement to anyone who doesn't play the game.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    Aeolyn said:

When I left AA a few months back, the population on Aranzeb was significantly lower than it was a year and a half before when I first started playing. The number of people streaming the game also dropped to a fraction of what it used to be.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,823
    Oh, who could have foreseen this? P2W is as P2W does. Viva la Sub-Model! 

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, BDO, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, Fallen Earth, FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MxO, Neverwinter, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, Shadowbane, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...and a bunch of others not worth mentioning.

Joined - July 2004

Aeolyn said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:

Aye.

Define "lots".  Also, do you think those whales would be happy paying $150 a week and still losing all their fights?  Because you will lose in BDO unless you grind thanks to the limit on cash shop sales.
    Except for the EU servers the land is still pretty much all taken and not by thousands of farms but by mansions/treehouses plus lots of cash shop items for sale everyday on the ah.  Whether they lose most/all their fights, no idea as I don't pvp but going by general and jury chat it seems that many do, some seem to consider it an achievement...
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,545
    DMKano said:
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.

It's probably less than 5000 players total -  a small but vocal minority 

Majority of players will be fine with the change and many will love the option of avoiding the grind and just selling a few things to earn silver 

Yeah, um... I'm just going to say that I believe you are incredibly out of touch with how most players feel about this change.

And you are in touch with majority of players?

Daum/Kakao is not reading forum posts because they know it's the voice of a very small percent of players.

Also how many say they hate it and they threaten to quit and how many will follow through?

Gamers are fickle - they often say one thing and do the exact opposite. 

This is why forums are shit as far as actual majority opinion.

Daum Kakao have internal metrics that show them even with some attrition this change will make them more money longterm.

Kakao/Daum see player spending trends, they are making the right decision.
    Forgrimm said:
    Aeolyn said:

When I left AA a few months back, the population on Aranzeb was significantly lower than it was a year and a half before when I first started playing. The number of people streaming the game also dropped to a fraction of what it used to be.
    I didn't say the population wasn't lower, just that it didn't appear to be suffering(ie. whales have bought and are subsidizing their own private game, much like what SoTA will be like)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,338
    As with all change, pluses and minuses to one player niche or another.

If you have tons of silver, but no RL cash you can now obtain cash shop gear.  A plus.

If you have lots of RL cash, but little free time, you can now obtain silver to equalize the imbalance. A plus.

If you were not planning on buying high end gear with silver, preferring to earn it via in game crafting or boss farming then no impact to your game play. Neutral.

If you are in the top 5% of the server in gear score and did it all through in game activities, possibly a negative as whales will now be able to catch up, invalidating your accomplishment. A minus of sorts, but hey you can sell gear to them at inflated prices.

I don't know how it will all turn out.  In EVE players have been able to do similar for years and to my knowledge I've never lost a fight to anyone simply because they outspent me in the PLEX market.

Hopefully it will turn out much the same for most players, with little actual impact on their day to day activities. 

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,948
    Good move. 

Everything they have done since release the haters said would kill the game but the game keeps getting better and better.  :o

redonyou said:
    I just thought it would be in the game's best interest
    You mistake "the game's best interest" for your best interest.

Common sight on these boards, no worries.
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.

Majority of players will be fine with the change and many will love the option of avoiding the grind and just selling a few things to earn silver 

Yeah, um... I'm just going to say that I believe you are incredibly out of touch with how most players feel about this change.

Daum/Kakao is not reading forum posts because they know it's the voice of a very small percent of players.

Also how many say they hate it and they threaten to quit and how many will follow through?

Daum Kakao have internal metrics that show them even with some attrition this change will make them more money longterm.

Yeah because no company in history has made a bad move after examining metrics, right?

They may not be reading forum posts, but are they looking at the game?  Many guilds have switched their logo to the "No P2W" logo in-game.  Protests are being scheduled.

Once again, I believe you are wrong in your assumption that a small percentage of players are upset about this.
    holdenhamlet said:
    I believe you are wrong...
    You also believe BDO is best game ever made(until now I guess)...your believes do not mean much.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Oo, lol , I never saw this coming, oh wait.
    Gdemami said:
    holdenhamlet said:
    I believe you are wrong...
    You also believe BDO is best game ever made(until now I guess)...your believes do not mean much.
    You should've just stuck with hitting the LOL button- it would've been more eloquent.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,545
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Yeah because no company in history has made a bad move after examining metrics, right?

They may not be reading forum posts, but are they looking at the game?  Many guilds have switched their logo to the "No P2W" logo in-game.  Protests are being scheduled.

Once again, I believe you are wrong in your assumption that a small percentage of players are upset about this.

Well we have two different opinions and that's fine.

Ultimately Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss have all the cards in their hands as far as how they are going to make money from their business.

Guilds can protest and this cool but after the change will they Black Desert be making more money or less?

I am pretty sure it's gonna be more even after attrition 
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,313
    Nothing new here. Move along.

I think some of us predicted it.