Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I was expecting them to add the item that changes gear into costumes before this step.

Seems like it will take much longer than expected. Imo having this item I'm mentioning being able to be sold in the auction house would have been fine if they did some discounts on their store once in a while.

Well we shall see if they at least listen to the outcry. Imo not everything in the store should be sell-able, maybe only the old stuff.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Move into right direction. Next step is to get rid of controlled market.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    azurrei said:
    I'm confused on how this constitutes pay to win? Do costumes play a role in PvP? Do they give stat boosts? Do the provide an unfair advantage against other players?

They said "Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets ", which seems mostly cosmetic to me, in which case, welcome to free to play and buy to play MMOs!

If Value Packages provide some gear with BiS stats, THEN there's something to complain about. If not, then common, we're been over this forums. Stop it.
    BiS slot gear can all be purchased via the marketplace or night vendor...hence $$$>silver>BiS gear - get it?
    Almost every game has this though.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    scorpex-x said:
    azurrei said:
    I'm confused on how this constitutes pay to win? Do costumes play a role in PvP? Do they give stat boosts? Do the provide an unfair advantage against other players?

They said "Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets ", which seems mostly cosmetic to me, in which case, welcome to free to play and buy to play MMOs!

If Value Packages provide some gear with BiS stats, THEN there's something to complain about. If not, then common, we're been over this forums. Stop it.
    BiS slot gear can all be purchased via the marketplace or night vendor...hence $$$>silver>BiS gear - get it?

I can't think of many MMO's where you can buy your way to BiS gear. 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    If people sell 5 of them a week, that's an extra 350 million they have out of thin air every week.
    ...are you sure you understand how that system works?
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    God damn it.
    That's cuz you just dropped $29 on an outfit, right?

Actually I don't see the P2W aspect at all.  I have to rethink things now, I may actually be tempted to try this one now that costumes don't cost two months premium for premium games.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    This is sad, While I was never super excited enough to buy this game, I did recognize it had a bigger polarization than most games. Meaning you either loved it or hated it. And those who loved it was still a substantial number.
    For those who had the game they loved.....I do feel bad as you lost your "place".
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Phry said:
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
    Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter. Blizzard never ever disappointed me that way. And they never will.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    oh look is that guy. hi there!  guess whose are these words:

Amusing how those who actually play the game never use the cash hop, yet those who don't play but post misinformation all the time claim it's "P2W".

I just came back after finishing this:

edited August 2016
    So I defended the game while it was not P2W. Now that the company totally changed their stance, I no longer defend it.
    Someone, call the police. This can't be tolerated, intelligent human beings changing their mind when the situation drastically changes.

Don't choke on that popcorn. Karma is a bitch, and same could happen to the next game you enjoy.
    yeh internet is a bitch. hard to hide the bullshit. 

(they totally changed their stance .... ha! ...)

Nope! you changed your stance when enough time has passed for you to finally get it.

look what I wrote in that thread not long ago (where you attacked me of not playing the game, not knowing what p2w is etc ...)

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/448055/i-finally-accepted-the-fact/p1

p.s To people that white knighted the exp gain on  costumes. Well munchkins now with pets it is 19% and I am pretty sure they will give additional bonuses to cha-ching users. Just wait a mon.. ahem week or so.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    So I defended the game while it was not P2W. Now that the company totally changed their stance, I no longer defend it.
    Someone, call the police. This can't be tolerated, intelligent human beings changing their mind when the situation drastically changes.

Don't choke on that popcorn. Karma is a bitch, and same could happen to the next game you enjoy.
    In the same position, huge fan of the game, and now being let down by the company running it, its time to move on.
    Honestly, if this is how Asian games are run, then thats the last time i ever play one, lesson learned.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

It has a few times, it sucks!
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    It DISGUSTS me when companies say we do this because we want it to be accessable to every player (Nice guy act)  its a change that will make more sales happen because people want to get ingame currency this way..

Just say you add this to the game  without the (WE DO THIS FOR YOU!!!) bullshit fk off.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    GladDog said:
    God damn it.

Actually I don't see the P2W aspect at all.  I have to rethink things now, I may actually be tempted to try this one now that costumes don't cost two months premium for premium games.
    I'll be getting that 29 back and the rest of the 100 I spent on the game if the change goes through using a chargeback.

No, I'm upset because the game is amazing and they are planning on killing it...
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    GladDog said:
    God damn it.

I'll be getting that 29 back and the rest of the 100 I spent on the game if the change goes through using a chargeback.

No, I'm upset because the game is amazing and they are planning on killing it...
    Huge in game demonstration going on Croxus-velia c1 in Heidel right now.. seems to be happening in other regions too..
    maybe there can be hope.

I have to agree here. Players did not implement the change. The publisher did.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    lol..I saw this one coming.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited August 2016

Karma is natural. Imagine a game that was free and no money was required to play. In order for that to happen the world would be absent of money. I wonder if we would be playing games if there was no accomplishments.

After pondering this statement I had another thought. There are no accomplishments and its all just an illusion. :)

edited August 2016
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.

I have to agree here. Players did not implement the change. The publisher did.
    Yes but smart players are capable of looking for patterns that are common in p2w games.

Looking for patterns in the data is a common way to solve a problem.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    this is nothing new, look at swtor ALL ITEMS FROM CARTEL MARKET ARE TRADE-ABLE! so it is not as bad as people think, then again people complain about everything because they do not want others who can not afford to pay 30 bucks to have anything. 

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    jircris said:
    this is nothing new, look at swtor ALL ITEMS FROM CARTEL MARKET ARE TRADE-ABLE! so it is not as bad as people think, then again people complain about everything because they do not want others who can not afford to pay 30 bucks to have anything. 
    The two games are completely different.
    The enchantment system in BDO alone allows a much more radical advantage by way of silver available.

When I make my cynical predictions, I do it because I am cynical and am simply stating things as I see them. When I had posted negative things about this game in the past. It wasn't because I wanted to see BDO fail. It's just how I viewed the state of the game.

I am never upset to be proven wrong when a game actually does well when I thought it wouldn't. I was wrong about GW2. I was on the fence with BDO in terms of admitting my 1st impressions were wrong and that the game. As I said above, I recognized this game had more of a following than many of the other Asian ports.

And now I am actually finding myself saddened by this announcement even though it justifies my early comments about "give it a few months, it will be totally P2W"

I would be happier to admit I was wrong as that would mean there would have been at least one more decent game on the market.
    When I make my cynical predictions, I do it because I am cynical and am simply stating things as I see them. When I had posted negative things about this game in the past. It wasn't because I wanted to see BDO fail. It's just how I viewed the state of the game.

I am never upset to be proven wrong when a game actually does well when I thought it wouldn't. I was wrong about GW2. I was on the fence with BDO in terms of admitting my 1st impressions were wrong and that the game. As I said above, I recognized this game had more of a following than many of the other Asian ports.

And now I am actually finding myself saddened by this announcement even though it justifies my early comments about "give it a few months, it will be totally P2W"

I would be happier to admit I was wrong as that would mean there would have been at least one more decent game on the market.
    Dude I wanted BDO to succeed. I loved the concept,  top-notch graphics, combat .. almost everything but when they stared to put *controversial* items in the shop I knew no dev lip service would change the fact that they are going onto the path of a p2w game.

People defended the items with .. oh it is JUST that ... just 10%... just small bonus. Well the same people now "just" have a p2w game.

DMKano said:
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.

It's probably less than 5000 players total -  a small but vocal minority 

Majority of players will be fine with the change and many will love the option of avoiding the grind and just selling a few things to earn silver 

Yeah, um... I'm just going to say that I believe you are incredibly out of touch with how most players feel about this change.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    scorpex-x said:
    azurrei said:

I can't think of many MMO's where you can buy your way to BiS gear. 
    You know that almost every mmo has mercs, and most mmo games have cash shops right?  Even XIV lets you sell cash shop items.