Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

1101112131416»

Comments

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,561
    fearu said:
    Lance Armstrong P2W'ed the Tour de France. 

He'd love the current state of BDO.

Except after he admitted to blood doping, he was stripped of all 7 medals and banned from the sport. In ArcheAge and Black Desert Online, they praise people for buying your way to the #1 spot of the competitive atmosphere.

• LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Rhoklaw said:
    fearu said:
    Lance Armstrong P2W'ed the Tour de France. 

He'd love the current state of BDO.

Except after he admitted to blood doping, he was stripped of all 7 medals and banned from the sport. In ArcheAge and Black Desert Online, they praise people for buying your way to the #1 spot of the competitive atmosphere.

There's nothing like fair-handed play.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 470
    Blizzard must be rubbing their hands with BDO going P2W with Legion just about to drop.
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,061
    edited August 2016
    That's how the area icons look like right now in game:

The barred P2W logo. Looks like all guilds have adopted it.
    I only managed to get three on screen, but they are all like that, on all servers.

But yeah, the local "trolls who know better" can keep on pretending nobody cares...
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Hahaha. Glad I got out when I did. Another P2W gutter game like GW2. Oh, BDO isn't quite that bad yet? IT WILL BE.

The greed behind this is phenomenal.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • er.dier.di Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Oh ma gad I am so surprised that they have decided to milk the players. An asian mmo that tries to milk the playerbase? Oh my gad, how could they ? I am so shocked. 

Really people? Really?
  • Fish_TacosFish_Tacos Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I only come here for the Gdemami posts.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    A little longer than the three month mark, but close enough. Now even B2P games are not safe from P2W.

GW2 doesn't count since the gear tiers do not have massive vertical stat scaling.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,159
    I only come here for the Gdemami posts.
    Somehow marking that with LOL seems appropriate.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,110

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,666
    Konfess said:
    So ends the Lie that is P4F?

P2W = P2P nothing more, it has nothing to do with unfair advantage and everything to do with paying to play.
    What?

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but games become meaningless as soon as they become p2w.  Buying an overwhelming advantage to circumvent the rules of a game invalidates any win you may achieve, in any game.

Games are meant to be played.  This whole notion of buying "time" in a game is garbage.  Not only does it never EVER turn out to be true (i.e. payers always end up way more effective than players), you shouldn't play a game if you don't have the time required to play it the way you want to.

That goes for any game, not just MMOs.
    No.  You shouldn't play a game if you don't have the money to afford it.  Again, that goes for any game.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,630
    Konfess said:
    Konfess said:

P2W = P2P nothing more, it has nothing to do with unfair advantage and everything to do with paying to play.
    What?

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but games become meaningless as soon as they become p2w.  Buying an overwhelming advantage to circumvent the rules of a game invalidates any win you may achieve, in any game.

Games are meant to be played.  This whole notion of buying "time" in a game is garbage.  Not only does it never EVER turn out to be true (i.e. payers always end up way more effective than players), you shouldn't play a game if you don't have the time required to play it the way you want to.

No.  You shouldn't play a game if you don't have the money to afford it.  Again, that goes for any game.
    The day 1 dlc defense. I like it!
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    Konfess said:
    Konfess said:

What?

Uh huh.  Well, even if I had $150 a week to throw away at a video game, I wouldn't do it.  Where is the satisfaction at killing someone because I swiped my credit card?

This whole 80s style "greed is good" attitude you guys are coming with is bogus.  Fleecing customers is not a new business concept- but neither is making a quality product that stands the test of time.

What's going on in BDO is actually very akin to the "Wall Street" movie.  Kakao is basically planning on selling off all the game's assets to fund hair salons.
  • Fish_TacosFish_Tacos Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Uh huh.  Well, even if I had $150 a week to throw away at a video game, I wouldn't do it.  Where is the satisfaction at killing someone because I swiped my credit card?

This whole 80s style "greed is good" attitude you guys are coming with is bogus.  Fleecing customers is not a new business concept- but neither is making a quality product that stands the test of time.

What's going on in BDO is actually very akin to the "Wall Street" movie.  Kakao is basically planning on selling off all the game's assets to fund hair salons.
    I agree that this sucks, but it seems like people were warning of this a long time ago before the game even launched. Since I felt burned by Arche Age, I just had a feeling about this game from the start. It's just the way business is done. 

• fed79fed79 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited August 2016
    I played for a few weeks and posted my issues with two main concepts.  Firstly, the ability to buy Elions Tears and ghillie suits were blatant advantages in pvp, and then second pvp is forced on you after 45, so you are driven towards items that give you an advantage in pvp.

Many responses said no it was not pay2win, but I knew they were deluded and it was just a matter of time.  Well here's your cake, enjoy it!