Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RUST Has the XP SYSTEM made Players More Friendly?

Battousai28Battousai28 Member UncommonPosts: 34
Ahoy,

A lot of talk as been going on about rust these last few weeks. The introduction of the XP system has upset people and everyone is claiming the sky is falling. But aside from that the XP system was supposed to foster more goodwill and helping of new players. I decided to put that to the test and go up to people and ask if they are friendly. 

After the reactions I received I decided to turn it into a little game that allows you the viewer to put in a guess to see if the person is going to be a Cool Cat or an Ass Hat. Video is linked below, hope you enjoy.

Cool Cat or Ass Hat - Rust Guessing Game

After you watch the video, I think you will come to the same conclusion that I have about the kindness of people in RUST and how the XP has changed the behavior.

Cheers!

VaniverseGaming

Check out all my Gaming Videos by clicking here ---> VaniverseGaming Channel

Comments

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited August 2016
    Yea I was talking to someone in game that thinks the game isn't very social even with the addition of the XP system but I have to point out that theres a difference between social and friendly.

I dont think the xp system encourages people to help new players or anything like that if anything, people don't pick up people's tools anymore because that would help the other player to level. LOL.

In other words, nothing really changed how friendly people are with the addition of the xp system. When I saw the xp system coming out, I didnt think it was going to make players more friendly if anything I thought it would be more convenient to me to level up and spend xp rather than mess with the BP system which I find inconvenient.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • Battousai28Battousai28 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Yeah I guess you have a point. I just thought perhaps I could be proven wrong. I also think because you can go a long time without seeing someone, when you do you want to kill them naked or not LOL
    Check out all my Gaming Videos by clicking here ---> VaniverseGaming Channel
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    I'm afraid nothing can be done to such games . I love Ark and I love PvP server  PVP because you always have to be aware but often you will end up in unfair fights 2v1 or 3vs1 .  
    PvP in such game most of the time is unfair but feeling when you win in a fight 3 vs 1 amazing your not only won against a bunch of assholes and also you morally correct That good feeling :)

What I noticed only alpha tribe that are PVP and RP oriented can bring peace to server by being some kind of server police .
    But on basic level This kind of games gather worst types of gamers , WORST ! Not sure if it can be fixed ...

By the way will see how Age Of Conan will deal with this issues ....
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Still unclear why anyone would waste their time on a game where skill is so meaningless.  I guess it's just for players who can't cut it in skill-centric PVP games?

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    edited August 2016
    Really now, Axe trolls this blatantly and the only post removed is the one calling him on it?

Seriously, that's just depressing administrative ethics.

I mean, at least make him doll his post up a bit so it's not so obvious.
    Post edited by Deivos on

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    actually i found this game to be more friendly than games like ark or h1z1 or w/e mutiple times i was naked and alone in a forest and some kind stranger with full armor and a rifle would give me free things and show me his base/let me live with them. havnt tried it since the addition of the new xp system.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    LOL what do expect in a game with open world PVP.  
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    It's not like OWPVP is the bane of all existence, it requires better rules than most people think to implement however. If there are no consequences or penalties for an action then most users are going to follow the path of least resistance in gaining any advantages.

Even in controlled PVP like LoL that's a core tactic of the gameplay with ganking and rushing lanes. Stacking your odds when and where you can is present in all forms of PvP play, it's just more emphasized when the numeric gaps in both player count and stats increases.

And so rather than railing on a fundamental aspect of all PVP, look for control factors that mitigate the potential for severe imbalance from those elements. An XP system to reward certain actions is itself not going to be enough to change such a situation because you can game those advantages with a small group without ever having to change your behavior towards the greater community.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    When has full loot open world PvP games been anything other than kill everything that moves.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Cannot believe another game has gone open world gank fest. Do these imbeciles ever learn?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Cannot believe another game has gone open world gank fest. Do these imbeciles ever learn?
    What? You resurrected a thread from 2016 and are complaining about a gank fest when the game has literally been like that since launch? It hasn't changed.