Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with the AdBlock Notice?

15791011

Comments

  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,182
    edited August 2016
    mbrodie said:
    Aori said:
    filmoret said:
    I could understand if they had shitty or intrusive ads but they do not they are kinda just sitting in the corner not bothering anyone.
    Their ads are full of malicious scripts.
    what malicious scripts... i've never once had this site crash my browser, computer, or infect it with anything malicious.. and i leave it open for days at a time in my chrome tabs...

    i don't use adblocker, never have don't see the point, this site doesn't make any popups it has a few targetted marketing adds and generally a paid banner up top.. none of which are intrusive or anything they are just kinda there and half the time i barely even notice them.
    The only anomaly I have seen was a redirect ad which occurred one time which i reported and they were quick to address. , nothing malicious came from it, I've been here for years while having them listed as an exception in opera's ad-blocker. People are taking a slight probability and blowing it up into a full blown excuse to whine about a few extra seconds added to their wait to enter the site. That's the part that is silly about this. As if it's such a hassle to wait to hit continue. 

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    Asm0deus said:
    filmoret said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Wizardry said:
    ....snip.....

    Problem is the term "ADBLOCKER" makes it sound like users are blocking ads,that is 100% FALSE,it is merely blocking "cookies/trackers/beacons" which are deceptive forms of spying.
    Users will still see the ads,they will still click the click baits and take part in the content which is like 90% advertising content anyhow.

    Also whoever said antivirus and adblockers do nothing cause he hasn't ever had a problem without either.... I have to say you must not surf the web much.

    Noting I said I was using the internet since the 90's.  This adblock stuff is a scam to make you feel like you are safe and secure.  Its just a bunch of bullcrap.  Sure if you allow something to install on your computer then thats your own fault.  Even elicit websites like piratebay, kickass which has the worse ads ever created won't do anything to your computer if you don't press the yes install button.  So keep believing that those ads are harming you somehow if that helps you sleep at night but its just plain wrong.  I am not running any kind of ad blocker and All I see right now is the banner at the bottom.  There's absolutely no reason to block ads from mmorpg.com.  So on this page there's 3 banners at the top and one at the bottom.  Not bad for like 10 pages of scrolling.  
    If you have been surfing since the 90's as you say you very well know there are sites that pop up a bunch of ads and other junk that is very dangerous to try and close as sometimes even the "x" is something you don't want to touch. Having an antivirus, adblocker and something like spybot has saved me from infections quite a few times and not because I clicked install on some random pop up either.

    Sorry but your idea that no A/V etc is just as safe as having one is ludicrous, you should shush up until you surf more than in the nice safe well known commercial seaside resorts and have went into deep waters and have a clue what you are talking about.
    The program makes you believe it saved you.  If you see something you cannot get rid of then alt-f4 and when it pops up too fast for that you have to ctrl-alt-del then close it through task manager.  So long as you don't give it permission to make changes to the computer then it will not make any changes.  You realize those programs have to make the user feel like it is actually doing something.  The programs are more dangerous then the ads in a lot of cases.  You will sift through 10 bad ad blocking software before you can find 1 good one.  And then you aren't sure it is even working or just feeding you a bunch of bologna.

    The metric for a good ad-blocker is whether or not it blocks ads. It's pretty easy to tell whether you have a "good" one or not. You can even examine the source code and various documentation for them! The answer to potentially malicious ads is to ALT-F4 or CTRL-ALT-DELETE and manually stop the process. Your IT knowledge is rivaled only by that of a highschooler working a summer job at Best Buy. 
    Well like I said and will continue to say.  I been using the internet since 1995 and I have never had a problem.  So you can continue to do all the extra stuff to make you feel safe and I'll just continue to use the internet without fear like I have been for the past 20 years.  You trying to say its dangerous but I've never had a problem so I guess its not that dangerous.  And I have literally a few thousand hours of internet use.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Distopia said:
    mbrodie said:
    Aori said:
    filmoret said:
    I could understand if they had shitty or intrusive ads but they do not they are kinda just sitting in the corner not bothering anyone.
    Their ads are full of malicious scripts.
    what malicious scripts... i've never once had this site crash my browser, computer, or infect it with anything malicious.. and i leave it open for days at a time in my chrome tabs...

    i don't use adblocker, never have don't see the point, this site doesn't make any popups it has a few targetted marketing adds and generally a paid banner up top.. none of which are intrusive or anything they are just kinda there and half the time i barely even notice them.
    The only anomaly I have seen was a redirect ad which occurred one time which i reported and they were quick to address. , nothing malicious came from it, I've been here for years while having them listed as an exception in opera's ad-blocker. People are taking a slight probability and blowing it up into a full blown excuse to whine about a few extra seconds added to their wait to enter the site. That's the part that is silly about this. As if it's such a hassle to wait to hit continue. 
    That redirect thing happened because of a misplaced hitbox.  I know it happened for a few days because of when they tried to convert to the new website.  They usually get it fixed and they did.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I'm gonna stop with this.  Since its so dangerous out there and I never use adblocker then why don't I have a bunch of computer problems?  I mean shouldn't I have unknown charges on my bank account?  Shouldn't my stock be compromised or my email?  If its so dangerous then why is my computer perfectly free of any kind of malware?  Why do all the computers in my house work perfectly fine and without any spyware?  According to a lot of people right now my computers should be all messed up but they aren't.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,477
    Distopia said:
    observer said:
    filmoret said:
    LOL at the stubborn responses.  OMG they are spying on us.  They are trying to get us.  They are after me...  My computer is compromised.  OH noes....
    You shouldn't be so dismissive of other people's concerns.  It makes you look like a condescending jackass.  People have every right to be concerned about their privacy being invaded.  As someone mentioned above, there's also beacons, trackers, and even malware, in some of these ads.  That whole industry has proven that it's not responsible when it come's to people's privacy.
    No matter how you slice it, you either deal with adds or deal with the pop up, which the latter takes what? two seconds to remedy? If you want it free, take it how it's served.
    Or people simply leave and take their traffic to a more respectful website. As many including myself already mentioned, even with adblocks we get 8-11 adds on the website alone. Now they want us to let our guard down. Through very disrespectful means.

    Nope. Its staying up.
    i literally have 4 max that i can see right now, i don't now where you're getting 11 from...

    one at the bottom of the thread near the editor for replies
    the sponsor banner for riders of icarus
    the one next to the mmorpg logo
    and one to the right right under the mmo's and games to play list...

    4 i can see right now.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,799
    I only see four ads too: FF14 at the bottom, Mobius Final Fantasy in the top background, top banner is Naruto, and the right sidebar advert is Verizon.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,477
    just to make another point

    The main mmorpg.com front page


    where are the 6000 popup ads you are all complaining about, i literally see 1 sponsored final fantasy banner, 1 other final fantasy ad next to the mmorpg.com logo, another final fantasy add to the right and one league of angels ad just kinda mushed in there

    thats once again only 4 ads on the site.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,477
    filmoret said:
    I'm gonna stop with this.  Since its so dangerous out there and I never use adblocker then why don't I have a bunch of computer problems?  I mean shouldn't I have unknown charges on my bank account?  Shouldn't my stock be compromised or my email?  If its so dangerous then why is my computer perfectly free of any kind of malware?  Why do all the computers in my house work perfectly fine and without any spyware?  According to a lot of people right now my computers should be all messed up but they aren't.
    this, i've also been using the internet since like the mid to late 90's and never once had a virus or anything, never had my bank accounts hacked, my skype got hacked once, but that wasnt through my computer that was a weak password. but i agree, i feel like you really have to be trying to get infected with bad stuff to actually get infected with bad stuff... for years i ran 0 anti virus tools and even now just use windows defender because the times i did use anti virus tools / internet security suites.. they caused more problems in my computer and i had to format.

    so i mean, everyone views this stuff differently.. but making ridiculous accusations that the site is littered with trashy ads and a million popups is just dumb, there is literally like 4 ads and they arent even intrusive or in your face, they are just kind of there.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,079
    edited August 2016
    I've had to ditch FireFox in favor of Opera for sites like this. MMORPG.com is the winner when it comes to the amount of (Flash) ads dumping on the screen that FireFox chokes on it and crashes every couple of minutes. Opera has less issues with it, but still chokes on the site from time to time.



    I still see ads on my screen that slip through the (Opera) adblocker (with 15 ads blocked), so why annoy me with BS like this? You still get your ad income!

    ...or do you want to annoy us with that 10 second pop up to death so that we leave the site all together..? It's not that MMORPG.com is a good source for MMO news lately...

    AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD FX-8350 ~4.0Ghz
    32Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (GEiL/Corsair)
    MSI GTX970 GAMING 4Gb + 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    Asm0deus said:
    filmoret said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Wizardry said:
    ....snip.....

    Problem is the term "ADBLOCKER" makes it sound like users are blocking ads,that is 100% FALSE,it is merely blocking "cookies/trackers/beacons" which are deceptive forms of spying.
    Users will still see the ads,they will still click the click baits and take part in the content which is like 90% advertising content anyhow.

    Also whoever said antivirus and adblockers do nothing cause he hasn't ever had a problem without either.... I have to say you must not surf the web much.

    Noting I said I was using the internet since the 90's.  This adblock stuff is a scam to make you feel like you are safe and secure.  Its just a bunch of bullcrap.  Sure if you allow something to install on your computer then thats your own fault.  Even elicit websites like piratebay, kickass which has the worse ads ever created won't do anything to your computer if you don't press the yes install button.  So keep believing that those ads are harming you somehow if that helps you sleep at night but its just plain wrong.  I am not running any kind of ad blocker and All I see right now is the banner at the bottom.  There's absolutely no reason to block ads from mmorpg.com.  So on this page there's 3 banners at the top and one at the bottom.  Not bad for like 10 pages of scrolling.  
    If you have been surfing since the 90's as you say you very well know there are sites that pop up a bunch of ads and other junk that is very dangerous to try and close as sometimes even the "x" is something you don't want to touch. Having an antivirus, adblocker and something like spybot has saved me from infections quite a few times and not because I clicked install on some random pop up either.

    Sorry but your idea that no A/V etc is just as safe as having one is ludicrous, you should shush up until you surf more than in the nice safe well known commercial seaside resorts and have went into deep waters and have a clue what you are talking about.

    It was only the 90's, kind of a noob to me.  me->symbolics.com. :D    In any case, security is about layers to be in depth.  Anyone who has had to go through NSA Grade Security Audits for Solaris O/S would know about these things.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    mbrodie said:
    Aori said:
    filmoret said:
    I could understand if they had shitty or intrusive ads but they do not they are kinda just sitting in the corner not bothering anyone.
    Their ads are full of malicious scripts.
    what malicious scripts... i've never once had this site crash my browser, computer, or infect it with anything malicious.. and i leave it open for days at a time in my chrome tabs...

    i don't use adblocker, never have don't see the point, this site doesn't make any popups it has a few targetted marketing adds and generally a paid banner up top.. none of which are intrusive or anything they are just kinda there and half the time i barely even notice them.

    If you recall there was an ad a few years ago that starting installing on some peoples system.  mmorpg.com staff admitted to it being an ad and said they got it fix.  There was a thread on it. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,477
    Reizla said:
    I've had to ditch FireFox in favor of Opera for sites like this. MMORPG.com is the winner when it comes to the amount of (Flash) ads dumping on the screen that FireFox chokes on it and crashes every couple of minutes. Opera has less issues with it, but still chokes on the site from time to time.



    I still see ads on my screen that slip through the (Opera) adblocker (with 15 ads blocked), so why annoy me with BS like this? You still get your ad income!

    ...or do you want to annoy us with that 10 second pop up to death so that we leave the site all together..? It's not that MMORPG.com is a good source for MMO news lately...

    see... look at the screenshot i posted, your adblocker is causing more ads than the default layout.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,477
    waynejr2 said:
    Asm0deus said:
    filmoret said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Wizardry said:
    ....snip.....

    Problem is the term "ADBLOCKER" makes it sound like users are blocking ads,that is 100% FALSE,it is merely blocking "cookies/trackers/beacons" which are deceptive forms of spying.
    Users will still see the ads,they will still click the click baits and take part in the content which is like 90% advertising content anyhow.

    Also whoever said antivirus and adblockers do nothing cause he hasn't ever had a problem without either.... I have to say you must not surf the web much.

    Noting I said I was using the internet since the 90's.  This adblock stuff is a scam to make you feel like you are safe and secure.  Its just a bunch of bullcrap.  Sure if you allow something to install on your computer then thats your own fault.  Even elicit websites like piratebay, kickass which has the worse ads ever created won't do anything to your computer if you don't press the yes install button.  So keep believing that those ads are harming you somehow if that helps you sleep at night but its just plain wrong.  I am not running any kind of ad blocker and All I see right now is the banner at the bottom.  There's absolutely no reason to block ads from mmorpg.com.  So on this page there's 3 banners at the top and one at the bottom.  Not bad for like 10 pages of scrolling.  
    If you have been surfing since the 90's as you say you very well know there are sites that pop up a bunch of ads and other junk that is very dangerous to try and close as sometimes even the "x" is something you don't want to touch. Having an antivirus, adblocker and something like spybot has saved me from infections quite a few times and not because I clicked install on some random pop up either.

    Sorry but your idea that no A/V etc is just as safe as having one is ludicrous, you should shush up until you surf more than in the nice safe well known commercial seaside resorts and have went into deep waters and have a clue what you are talking about.

    It was only the 90's, kind of a noob to me.  me->symbolics.com. :D    In any case, security is about layers to be in depth.  Anyone who has had to go through NSA Grade Security Audits for Solaris O/S would know about these things.
    i'm aware that security is layers, but that doesn't change the fact that 99.9% of people will never use Solaris or have to deal with NSA grade security and that most home PC users will never get infected with malicious files unless they were really doing something wrong lol
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    mbrodie said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Asm0deus said:
    filmoret said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Wizardry said:
    ....snip.....

    Problem is the term "ADBLOCKER" makes it sound like users are blocking ads,that is 100% FALSE,it is merely blocking "cookies/trackers/beacons" which are deceptive forms of spying.
    Users will still see the ads,they will still click the click baits and take part in the content which is like 90% advertising content anyhow.

    Also whoever said antivirus and adblockers do nothing cause he hasn't ever had a problem without either.... I have to say you must not surf the web much.

    Noting I said I was using the internet since the 90's.  This adblock stuff is a scam to make you feel like you are safe and secure.  Its just a bunch of bullcrap.  Sure if you allow something to install on your computer then thats your own fault.  Even elicit websites like piratebay, kickass which has the worse ads ever created won't do anything to your computer if you don't press the yes install button.  So keep believing that those ads are harming you somehow if that helps you sleep at night but its just plain wrong.  I am not running any kind of ad blocker and All I see right now is the banner at the bottom.  There's absolutely no reason to block ads from mmorpg.com.  So on this page there's 3 banners at the top and one at the bottom.  Not bad for like 10 pages of scrolling.  
    If you have been surfing since the 90's as you say you very well know there are sites that pop up a bunch of ads and other junk that is very dangerous to try and close as sometimes even the "x" is something you don't want to touch. Having an antivirus, adblocker and something like spybot has saved me from infections quite a few times and not because I clicked install on some random pop up either.

    Sorry but your idea that no A/V etc is just as safe as having one is ludicrous, you should shush up until you surf more than in the nice safe well known commercial seaside resorts and have went into deep waters and have a clue what you are talking about.

    It was only the 90's, kind of a noob to me.  me->symbolics.com. :D    In any case, security is about layers to be in depth.  Anyone who has had to go through NSA Grade Security Audits for Solaris O/S would know about these things.
    i'm aware that security is layers, but that doesn't change the fact that 99.9% of people will never use Solaris or have to deal with NSA grade security and that most home PC users will never get infected with malicious files unless they were really doing something wrong lol

    Depends on what you mean by doing something wrong.  Visiting sketchy websites is a risk.  Getting malware from an ad on mmorpg.com shouldn't be a big risk.  It has happened here before.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,477
    waynejr2 said:
    mbrodie said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Asm0deus said:
    filmoret said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Wizardry said:
    ....snip.....

    Problem is the term "ADBLOCKER" makes it sound like users are blocking ads,that is 100% FALSE,it is merely blocking "cookies/trackers/beacons" which are deceptive forms of spying.
    Users will still see the ads,they will still click the click baits and take part in the content which is like 90% advertising content anyhow.

    Also whoever said antivirus and adblockers do nothing cause he hasn't ever had a problem without either.... I have to say you must not surf the web much.

    Noting I said I was using the internet since the 90's.  This adblock stuff is a scam to make you feel like you are safe and secure.  Its just a bunch of bullcrap.  Sure if you allow something to install on your computer then thats your own fault.  Even elicit websites like piratebay, kickass which has the worse ads ever created won't do anything to your computer if you don't press the yes install button.  So keep believing that those ads are harming you somehow if that helps you sleep at night but its just plain wrong.  I am not running any kind of ad blocker and All I see right now is the banner at the bottom.  There's absolutely no reason to block ads from mmorpg.com.  So on this page there's 3 banners at the top and one at the bottom.  Not bad for like 10 pages of scrolling.  
    If you have been surfing since the 90's as you say you very well know there are sites that pop up a bunch of ads and other junk that is very dangerous to try and close as sometimes even the "x" is something you don't want to touch. Having an antivirus, adblocker and something like spybot has saved me from infections quite a few times and not because I clicked install on some random pop up either.

    Sorry but your idea that no A/V etc is just as safe as having one is ludicrous, you should shush up until you surf more than in the nice safe well known commercial seaside resorts and have went into deep waters and have a clue what you are talking about.

    It was only the 90's, kind of a noob to me.  me->symbolics.com. :D    In any case, security is about layers to be in depth.  Anyone who has had to go through NSA Grade Security Audits for Solaris O/S would know about these things.
    i'm aware that security is layers, but that doesn't change the fact that 99.9% of people will never use Solaris or have to deal with NSA grade security and that most home PC users will never get infected with malicious files unless they were really doing something wrong lol

    Depends on what you mean by doing something wrong.  Visiting sketchy websites is a risk.  Getting malware from an ad on mmorpg.com shouldn't be a big risk.  It has happened here before.
    i mean i've personally been a member here for like 12 years, and i don't even remember that one incident, not saying it didn't happen but i obviously at least wasn't affected by it and it's a crappy situation for anyone that was... that being said one incident in 12 years is pretty good odds by my count ;)
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,133
    One incident that you know of .. How many went unnoticed by people.  Ad serving networks get infected all the time with viruses. Sometimes that can go for who knows how long before it gets caught. They try and catch any ads before it makes it onto the network. But at the end of the day its people that approve or disapprove a ad on these networks. People DO make mistakes all the dam time. Why take that chance when there is other options? I would much rather toss mmorpg $3 / month for a ad free experience to not take that chance and have a MUCH cleaner looking site know that my money was going into there pockets because I value there product. Not because some ad network MAY pay them X amount of times I visit the site or click a ad.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,477
    One incident that you know of .. How many went unnoticed by people.  Ad serving networks get infected all the time with viruses. Sometimes that can go for who knows how long before it gets caught. They try and catch any ads before it makes it onto the network. But at the end of the day its people that approve or disapprove a ad on these networks. People DO make mistakes all the dam time. Why take that chance when there is other options? I would much rather toss mmorpg $3 / month for a ad free experience to not take that chance and have a MUCH cleaner looking site know that my money was going into there pockets because I value there product. Not because some ad network MAY pay them X amount of times I visit the site or click a ad.
    except i'd consider the site quite boring without the paid banner at the top.. i like the look of it
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,079
    mbrodie said:
    Reizla said:
    I've had to ditch FireFox in favor of Opera for sites like this. MMORPG.com is the winner when it comes to the amount of (Flash) ads dumping on the screen that FireFox chokes on it and crashes every couple of minutes. Opera has less issues with it, but still chokes on the site from time to time.



    I still see ads on my screen that slip through the (Opera) adblocker (with 15 ads blocked), so why annoy me with BS like this? You still get your ad income!

    ...or do you want to annoy us with that 10 second pop up to death so that we leave the site all together..? It's not that MMORPG.com is a good source for MMO news lately...

    see... look at the screenshot i posted, your adblocker is causing more ads than the default layout.
    ...at least these ads are not scripted...

    AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD FX-8350 ~4.0Ghz
    32Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (GEiL/Corsair)
    MSI GTX970 GAMING 4Gb + 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I use adblock but I also have it permanently disabled for certain sites like this one. You can change it in settings. There ARE sites out there filled with so much ad crap that you can't even enjoy the content. THIS isn't one of them sites thankfully.

    New build in progress.
    Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,728
    edited August 2016
    Quazal.A said:
    for record i run adblocker plus and i dont get a pop up, but then again i see the ads (only thing is wonder if i set this site to ok eons ago)
    I set mine to allow the ads on this site a long time ago. I don't even really notice them these days.

    Yet... all these people getting all huffy because a picture of a game is being shown in some small section of their screen... LOL  O.o

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited August 2016
    If the message starts to get annoying I'll probably just stop visiting this website. I can already see some of your adverts like the background and the Animal Jam crap anyway. 

    Maybe I will just block the stupid popup itself if I could be bothered.

    3rd party advert networks cannot be trusted full stop, sorry. 


    Edit: blocked it and all of the other ads I used to see, fuck you.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,911
    RIG4RED said:
    RIG4RED said:

    I don't have a problem if MMORPG starts blocking those people that do though.

    Actually, it IS how this works.

    If all sites are starting to feel the financial pinch from adblockers, more and more will start blocking the blockers.

    That will result in the remaining "free" sites getting a huge increase in page views.
    Good, yes ?

    Nope, those other sites will close down soon after, because massive page views are worthless when advertisers know all your users are blocking ads....


    You realize there are anti-blocker blockers which hide the presence of any installed adblocker right? I'm using one, this site doe not have the logic to circumvent my adblocker.
    You are not a typical internet user, so your experience does not reflect "how things work" on the internet at large.

    The average internet user is not obsessive enough to use anti-anti-anti-blocker software. Thank goodness for that.

    There will always be an arms race between those that make their living from serving ads and those that make their living from blocking them. 

    As long as the advertisers feel that their message is getting through, they will continue to pay for the privilege of placing ads. If they feel that nobody sees their ads due to effective ad blocking, the ad revenue will go elsewhere.

    Ad revenue is the grease that keeps site access free of subscription charges. I'm old enough to remember the days when the internet was not F2P. I'd hate to go back to those times, but it seems we are slowly drifting in that direction.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member UncommonPosts: 656
    why would i whitelist a site that has ads filled with maleware?

    free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

    Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    jircris said:
    why would i whitelist a site that has ads filled with maleware?
    You have a citation for that or are you just talking out of your ass?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,728
    edited August 2016
    jircris said:
    why would i whitelist a site that has ads filled with maleware?
    Maleware? The site is full of men's clothing and accessories? >: D

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

This discussion has been closed.