Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch cheaters

BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

Blizzard brought down the ban hammer today and I was laughing  at these pissed off kids.

Check it out

http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi#YzlF7xr

Comments

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    This is truly amazing... good job blizzard, keep banning the cheaters.

I have no sympathy for people who cheat in PvP games / aspects of games, if you don't have the abilities to compete with the top players.. don't expect to be a top player. it's as simple as that.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    edited August 2016
    I used to play fps'es a lot, and for some reason when i was a kid, i did not care about there being a cheater or not, would just try harder and harder to beat the 'pro'. Imagine trying to beat a wall hacker with aim bot, and how intense and stressed you would have to be. yea i did that for a while, not good for my health.

surprisingly there are people out there that are supposefly just as good as someone that cheats. so that may exist, but its also different when its a game that is also ranked.

Anyways I was a kid, and playing video games on my own, which is what makes it more of a problem then what I am making it out to be.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    tell you the truth thats why i stopped playing pvp you could never be sure wether the opposing person was playing fair or not nice read though those posts , not one person said what they were doing was wrong , must be a sign of the times then
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Man, those are some delicious tears.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    I used to play fps'es a lot, and for some reason when i was a kid, i did not care about there being a cheater or not, would just try harder and harder to beat the 'pro'. Imagine trying to beat a wall hacker with aim bot, and how intense and stressed you would have to be. yea i did that for a while, not good for my health.

surprisingly there are people out there that are supposefly just as good as someone that cheats. so that may exist, but its also different when its a game that is also ranked.

Anyways I was a kid, and playing video games on my own, which is what makes it more of a problem then what I am making it out to be.
    Literally 100% of the reason i dont play FPS anymore.  Every. Single. One. is over run with cheaters, every one.  I don't care what game, it could be some server of original unreal tournament floating out in the mist, and it will be over run with cheaters.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Hrimnir said:

Literally 100% of the reason i dont play FPS anymore.  Every. Single. One. is over run with cheaters, every one.  I don't care what game, it could be some server of original unreal tournament floating out in the mist, and it will be over run with cheaters.
    That's the biggest reason I stick with co-op games, the second being the overall toxicity of the average competitive online game's community. It's just not worth the headache. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    That'll teach them for buying an overpriced TF2 reskin.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    That'll teach them for buying an overpriced TF2 reskin.
    if only TF2 was as good as overwatch
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Ya I can not believe how some of these kids feel like Blizzard did them wrong haha
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited August 2016
    Hilarious. Though some of them are so dumb, I had to refuse to belive they are real, so my head wont explode.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Love Blizzard for this!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    mbrodie said:
    This is truly amazing... good job blizzard, keep banning the cheaters.

I have no sympathy for people who cheat in PvP games / aspects of games, if you don't have the abilities to compete with the top players.. don't expect to be a top player. it's as simple as that.
    Its not that they don't have the abilities, its just that they are too lazy to put the effort in to become that good in the first place. :o
  • SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 220
    This is why we can't have nice things...

~I am Many~

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sevala said:
    This is why we can't have nice things...

I have nice things, great things in fact, but then, i don't cheat :p
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited August 2016
    Bellomo said:
    Ya I can not believe how some of these kids feel like Blizzard did them wrong haha
    Surprising how they feel Blizzard may be doing something "wrong" to detect cheats (and maybe they are, I don't know) but don't seem to understand their behavior is even worse, and the cause of the problem.

Bravo Blizzard for expending the resources to ban these folks.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Kyleran said:
    Bellomo said:
    Surprising how they feel Blizzard may be doing something "wrong" to detect cheats (and maybe they are, I don't know) but don't seem to understand their behavior is even worse, and the cause of the problem.

Bravo Blizzard for expending the resources to ban these folks.
    Agreed!  I loved the guy who said "what are they going to ban me for using paint next"  Hilarious.   Like there isn't an ocean of difference between aimbotting and using paint.
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    All of these pics are from ownedcore, check the thread it's reached 8+ pages of tears.

Archeage EU - Nui

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I'm kinda at 'cheater cry burnout (ccb).'  When so many ppl who git killed and scream 'cheater' that I dont know whether to take it seriously anymore.  Report him because he won't heal me.... report him because he wont go with the group.... report him because he sucks and is playing comp just to fk with us.....  report him caus he killed me and i'm obviouslly a better player than he is....

It makes it hard to know when ppl are making legit complaints.

I self identify as a monkey.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I stopped playing this game because of all the babies. I thought having no chat would do this game good IMO.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    "Cheating happens it's 2016. A lynch on the wrist would suffice." 

Damn. Some people had absolutely horrendous upbringing.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Just about  every competitive game does mass bans.
    Blizzard is one of the few that talks about it almost nonstop. Gets tiring to hear. Just ban them and move on. No press needed.
    Gotta, disagee.  Not because the sentiment is wrong because I agree.  However, the way the community is, if it isn't stated and put out for everyones knowledge, it didn't happen.

I'd rather hear this news, than the legion of threads about how they dont do anything because of no announcements about it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I met a few of those cheaters in game. You mostly see it on the kill replays. E.g. the cursor just passes on your char at high speed without stopping yet you get shot right in the head. Several times. I know there are very good players out there, but those top rank players use low mouse speed. They don't bliz all over the screen randomly and still get headshots. Not to mention those good enough to do that aren't at my humble rank level.
    When what you see in the replay seems impossible even for a korean pro gamer who just drank 5 liters of coffee, then it's most likely an aimbot.

I didn't see many of them though. I guess some are just more discrete and careful.
    Most of the ones I've seen on streams are Koreans playing in PC Bangs.  Not sure exactly how it works but I think they don't fear a ban because they aren't losing the full purchase price of the game- just their time.  I think that aspect is going to continue to be a problem unless Blizzard can come up with something novel to deal with PC Bang cheaters.

I haven't seen one personally myself yet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    It is amazing to me that people who cheat feel they have the right to cheat.  What in the world is happening when these guys feel something like this is totally acceptable?  Dont they realize that the way they feel now after being banned, is the exact same way each player they killed with cheats feels? 

I also love the admin for the site using this as a way to get people to buy more of the corecoins in an effort to "grow the group to strike back at Blizzard".  Between stuff like this and the current state of politics in the US, I fear what the world will be like in the future for my kids.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD