Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ideas on stopping spam.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
I got a few ideas that might help.  First if the accounts are coming from a certain IP and it originates in lets say Korea or China then you could just ban all connections from those regions.  That would of course block any legitimate person from those regions as well but IDK if that is very many users.

Second would be to make it so any new account must be authorized by a moderator before they can post anything.  Of course this has drawbacks.

Third if an account with less then 20 posts is reported by anyone then it get locked untill unlocked by a moderator.

Fourth,  find whoever is doing it and beat them untill they cry then post the video on youtube so I can laugh.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I vote for beating.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    It looks like same new account has posted up to 10 new topics.

Can MMORPG.com limit the number of topics for new accounts? Something like having to wait 1 hour between making a new topic could reduce the spam a lot, without affecting legitimate posters too much.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Very good suggestions!

Too bad that they have about 0 control over what features the forum software provides, see "colored text", "underline", etc.

I guess that's what you get when you go all third party. "New website..." *cough*

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    One hour between new topics unless you're a certain rank.  One minute between new posts unless you're a certain rank.

This way player "upvoting" is what allows people to post more.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I miss colored text because it was MUCH easier to emphasize and differentiate without appearing unhinged. On the other hand, no more green nanfoodle nonsense.