Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of armor do you enjoy the most in your MMOs?

2»

Comments

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030

i love a bit sci fi and sexy in 1 
    and what you want more if she scream like this then am in love :p 

Warframe designs are awesome, just wish you could remove the helms and have a human face as optional too. 
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    While certain times I would prefer God armor, being honest I like the skimpy armor on female characters
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited August 2016
    Gorwe said:
    Before I vote anything, what are the examples of each category?

I take it that:
    Realistic(fa) = AoC like stuff
    Realistic(fl) = Like Warhammer Fantasy Empire armours
    Stylized = Like 40k Chaos / SM armour / WoW armour / Warhammer Fantasy Chosen armour
    Social = something akin to GW 2's appearance options? With town attires etc.

Right?
    Pretty much dead on.. Note: Social pretty much covers games that have Realistic/Flashy AND still feature large numbers of in-town attire..

Some prime examples include:
    1) Age of Conan, Life is Feudal
    2) Warhammer Online, Elder Scrolls Online (GW2, Vindictus, and Tera can fit here if you ONLY look at armor style)
    3) World of Warcraft
    4) GW2, Vindictus, Anarchy Online, Everquest II, Tera Online, City of Heroes, DC Universe

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Something along the lines of Dark Souls and Witcher's medieval fantasy.

I also like futuristic jet propelled suits like the guy from Vanquish. Platinum should make Vanquish 2, by the way.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I like the factual stuff -- it can be spruced up with magic etc, stylized a bit to taste, but it should look protective and not be obviously bypassable.  I have seen a ton of armor in games that would work horribly as armor.
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    Consistant and coherent.

What I very dislike is when game adds all kind of weirdness after release when intitial designs are realistic.

If you're starting with realistic then stick to it.

If you're starting with certain vision and style then stick to it.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    H0urg1ass said:
    Realistic Flashy and Realistic Factual were both actually used at different periods of time. Some people did adorn their armor with skulls and other trophies and the Romans had pretty flashy armor at different periods. I mean really, those broom helmets weren't entirely necessary.
    I mean, honestly, options #1 and #2 are the same.  Because, there are all sorts of factual historical armor that is in the flashy category.

Psychological warfare played a pretty big part in many armor designs.  Frightening face masks, monstrous helmets,  etc., all existed way back when.  Roman cavalry helmets to Samurai outfits, etc.  There was no real limit to the diversity in the "factual" category.

But, for the sake of compliance, I'll pick "flashy".
  • Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    I guess I would very much like seeing armor that is plausible, in the sense of being interactive.

E.g having a jacket on your character, and if you have a magazine in one of the pockets, that would be visible.
  • xMorbidAngeLxMorbidAngeL Member UncommonPosts: 17
    scorpex-x said:

Warframe designs are awesome, just wish you could remove the helms and have a human face as optional too. 
    don't wanna spoil much but the frames are just empty bodys 

as you see pic my human form is in the chair when i mind control my frame 
    its a bit hard to explain the story 
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    scorpex-x said:

Is this new story content?  They refused to tell us anything for years.
  • xMorbidAngeLxMorbidAngeL Member UncommonPosts: 17
    scorpex-x said:
    scorpex-x said:

Is this new story content?  They refused to tell us anything for years.
    its already old the story its calt the second dream 
    just do your story quest and you get there also if you cant find it google can help allot to 

here a short vid off it ( SPOILER )  

it stile give me goose bumbs and the music is amazing 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    The kind that you loot and put on and you can see yourself wearing them ( Looking at you Black Desert ). And not the frilly Eastern style armor but the classic European medieval style.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited August 2016
    I like a variety of it all..

I love what UO offered.

I love what EQ1/2 offered

I love what WoW offered.

I love what ESO offers

For me I guess it comes down to if it fits the game or not.

Edit : I dislike the style seen in Asian MMOs.
  • DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    scorpex-x said:

That's nice!

I miss the skins you got in games like CoH/CoVs.  What I DON'T LIKE are "skimpy" costumes ONLY for female characters.  Super sexist, but I do enjoy the games that give you free options.  I really care about how my character looks. 
  • SenyunSenyun Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited August 2016
    I'm partial to the way the LOTR game series tend to do most of their gear. Very form functional looking, but since it is set in a fantasy world their are a lot of neat features that make them all have their own personality without being some over the top giant dragon helm of purple death eyes.

Not to say their isn't any super flashy armor in the universe, just generally they tend to be more simple with ruin carvings, pictures, colors, emblems, etc. giving the detail.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I would have preferred a Realistic and Cool version without all the spikes, adornments, and what not.  I'm still waiting for a game to deliver a playable costume of pantaloons and vest -- something with a real Arabian Nights feel to it.

There's precious little realistic that isn't based on European armor.  How about represent some different cultures and societies in the art work and clothing.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• VestigeGamerVestigeGamer Member UncommonPosts: 518
    One thing that is nice about many MMO armors is that none of the "top tier" armor appeals to me.  Cash shop armor also does not appeal to me.  I am spared the "top tier grind" or "cash grabs" that many offer.

VG

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    edited August 2016
    Mendel said:
    I would have preferred a Realistic and Cool version without all the spikes, adornments, and what not.  I'm still waiting for a game to deliver a playable costume of pantaloons and vest -- something with a real Arabian Nights feel to it.

There's precious little realistic that isn't based on European armor.  How about represent some different cultures and societies in the art work and clothing.
    Try EQ2, I am not certain you can get quite the look you have described but you can get very close.

You will need items from the Imperceptible Beauty set (purchaseable from merchants during the monthly City Festivals, pantaloons (there are several) and a vest not sure if that one exists but it probably does.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I want armor to look like it actually works, but all armor don't have to look like that, just enough for me.

Sadly does spikes and similar not really work in real combat since axes and such will get caught on them which would hurt the person wearing them a lot more then if the weapons just bounces of.

I don't see why a game should have all similar styled armors though unless it is a historical game. Let us pick the style we like. If you want a historical accurate plate mail or a bikinimail should be up to you as a player as long as the armor works for the lore. That certain cultures in the game would prefer certain styles is good though, a Roman armor should look more practical then a amazon armor no matter what sex your character is.