Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game ready?

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,184
    peanutabc said:
    Long story short with BDO.

Eastern MMORPG are still horrible.

FFXIV is the only decent one.
    Story based linear quest hub themepark.  I think we have enough of those.  Not to mention the snooze inducing 10 second global cooldown tab target combat.
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,355
    Mardukk said:
    peanutabc said:

Story based linear quest hub themepark.  I think we have enough of those.  Not to mention the snooze inducing 10 second global cooldown tab target combat.
    10s global cooldown?
    You definitely haven't played BDO, or you are intentionally spreading misinformation about it.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 24,680
    Mardukk said:
    peanutabc said:

10s global cooldown?
    You definitely haven't played BDO, or you are intentionally spreading misinformation about it.
    He's talking about Final Fantasy 14.

Sovrath said:
    Mardukk said:
    peanutabc said:

10s global cooldown?
    He's talking about Final Fantasy 14.
    Ooops my bad, sorry then, and thanks for correcting me.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member EpicPosts: 18,895
    peanutabc said:

Uncharted Waters Online is a great game. Therefore, you are mistaken.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,445
    edited August 2016
    Based on what you asked I would say the game is ready for you. I play off and on but for me I am really just waiting for some dungeons and more focus on group play. 

With that being said,

Black Desert is STILL, the best mmo on the market today.  =)

Post edited by Mikeha on
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,444
    For you maybe, for me , worst game in a long while.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Soki123 said:

Ah you say the same thing about every game .....it's getting boring
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,444
    Bad.dog said:
    Soki123 said:

Ah you say the same thing about every game .....it's getting boring

Nah, only lousy games, and this is one of them.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 4,362
    Honestly, get a friend or trial key, and give it a shot. It's different, and it's beautiful, and there's a lot to do especially if you like crafting. But, it's not a typical MMO when it comes to end-game. There really isn't one, unless you're into PVP and node wars.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 18,576
    Does anything about his post make you think he'd want to roll on servers that encourage p2w ganking?

I mean, I guess that's what you're into, but why advise him to roll there?

That's just Kano's ever-present desire to stick it to Daum talking again. Because they removed the xp loss on death that he adored so much. =P

There are players who like the new systems, there are those who don't - there's a large split in the community.

The old system created contested PvE grind spots  - where PvP happened in the contested areas. 

Solo players were boned because they'd be WTFPWND in about 3 sec flat from a group of players.

so you needed to bring a group willing to PvP to hunt the best XP areas.

This entire style of open world PvP was removed by one super stupid change that only caters to solo players.

Any solo unguilded player can go farm anywhere in 100% safety and ignore PvP entirely even if he gets killed repeatedly by other players - he loses nothing - especially if he has tears.

I am in the camp that believes this was the worst change yet - it certainly led to some folks leaving the game for good.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I finally tried this game yesterday with a trial key.  It's definitely not your typical MMO.  Yes, there's quests, but they seem insignificant to the game as a whole (although i think they give you contribution points).

It looks ready to me, but i haven't even hit lvl 20 yet, so don't take my word as gospel if anyone hasn't tried it yet.  I've barely come across any bugs, and only a few crashes while messing with the settings.

I'm not feeling the combat though.  I don't really like combo-based combat in my mmos.  I'm glad i tried it out with a trial key first.  Easing new players into the game has been overwhelming to say the least.  
  • jonesing22jonesing22 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    BDO has a story that no one pays attention to. It has quests that everyone ignores because they are not a part of the game, unless you log in to specifically do quests or suddenly decide you need more contribution points. Any upgrade to your character, aside from leveling up, is pure RNG based. I've played 3 characters to level 56, I liked the berserker the most. It felt like a great game at first - killing enemies to level was great. Eventually I got tired of grinding, so I did gathering and I got tired of that after hitting Artisan level and for a while I switched between gathering or grinding for whatever items. Everything else is done while AFK. So then I was excited about nodewars. Turns out it's not really something that is very exciting. It's actually just three hours during the night guilds can fight for territory, which means nothing except for a fat paycheck. So then you have all this money in game, what do you do with it? Buy gear upgrades, I guess....the upgrade grind is only entertaining while getting upgrades. The problem I have is that there is no group content. You can go through the game without ever partying up, it's actually advantageous that way so you earn more skill points and exp is faster, and you keep the loot. The key to continue playing this game is an unhealthy desire to catch that carrot attached to the stick you are holding. All that said, the pvp can be exciting and I did get my money's worth of entertainment.
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 312
    edited August 2016
      Its simply a cash grab and you cant even argue the fact, its literally what the game was built around. It always felt like it would have been a great game if there was some passion behind the development but you can just feel that..there isnt.
    Post edited by Rasiem on
  • NAERNAER Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited August 2016
    The games okay I suppose if you like insane amounts of grind and RNG and lackbuster PvP were it's all gear based and skill is meaningless, also you can't even really call it an "MMO" considering almost all the game has to offer you have to do solo and playing with friends actually does more harm then good.
    But if your looking for a way to kill some time and your okay with playing an mmo with damn near 0 social interaction then go for it.
    Post edited by NAER on
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    edited August 2016
    Best mmorpg since shadowbane / vanguard / age of conan  . When I play a wizard I can feel the power he has through the best control interface I've used in an mmorg.

The game is deep,  and massive. It is up to the player on what they do, which means the player needs to be pro-active instead of having their hand held.

If your goal is to go pew pew max level super fast, this is not the game for you. :)
    Post edited by Doug_B on
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
    Rasiem said:
      Its simply a cash grab and you cant even argue the fact, its literally what the game was built around. It always felt like it would have been a great game if there was some passion behind the development but you can just feel that..there isnt.
    There's definitely a lot of passion in the way they designed the living, breathing, beautiful world.

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 3,982

That being said the quests, which you really don't have to do, are not very grindy compared to many MMOs.  Depends on the quest, and some numbers can get quite high, but generally the number required to complete the quest is relatively low.
    To be perfectly honest, you will have to do quests if you want contribution points.
    Or cook, I got about 70 CPs from cooking beer.. lots of beer.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,384
    Aori said:

That being said the quests, which you really don't have to do, are not very grindy compared to many MMOs.  Depends on the quest, and some numbers can get quite high, but generally the number required to complete the quest is relatively low.
    To be perfectly honest, you will have to do quests if you want contribution points.
    Cooking and alchemy by-products that you can turn in also give tons of CP, yep. :)
    Once you've got enough energy and materials to cook/brew up a huge batch it's probably faster, and a lot easier to get CP that way. Especially since you can just do it all in one location instead of running all over for quests.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,384
    edited August 2016
    DMKano said:
    Does anything about his post make you think he'd want to roll on servers that encourage p2w ganking?

I mean, I guess that's what you're into, but why advise him to roll there?

That's just Kano's ever-present desire to stick it to Daum talking again. Because they removed the xp loss on death that he adored so much. =P

There are players who like the new systems, there are those who don't - there's a large split in the community.

The old system created contested PvE grind spots  - where PvP happened in the contested areas. 

Solo players were boned because they'd be WTFPWND in about 3 sec flat from a group of players.

so you needed to bring a group willing to PvP to hunt the best XP areas.

This entire style of open world PvP was removed by one super stupid change that only caters to solo players.

Any solo unguilded player can go farm anywhere in 100% safety and ignore PvP entirely even if he gets killed repeatedly by other players - he loses nothing - especially if he has tears.

I am in the camp that believes this was the worst change yet - it certainly led to some folks leaving the game for good.

There's still plenty of fighting at sausans.
    A player that uses tears doesn't lose "nothing", he's throwing away money. Not to mention... against a player that uses tears this patch doesn't matter anyway. They always got protection against XP loss from dying. ;)

So dying means either; you waste time by having to respawn and having to run back. Or you waste RL money on a cash shop item, with the risk of biting the dirt again shortly afterwards.

Just because you can't grief them by making them lose hours of work doesn't mean there are no consequences. In both cases you're also screwed out of earning XP, for which you presumably went there in the first place.

Also: good riddance to those who left for good. Let them go play Darkfall or something else that caters to their kind. :pleased:

Post edited by Azaron_Nightblade on

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    Aori said:

WTH I didn't know that.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    Rasiem said:
    I can easily argue that "fact".  When I think cash grab, I think grab as much money and run.  For example, after a couple months in BnS, they released the most p2w RNG boxes in the history of MMOs.

People still playing the game (there aren't many) argue that the game is not p2w, but p2progressfaster, and that you can complete all the content with gear that is relatively easy to get.  Problem is you'll never get a group if your gear is level 425 and everyone requires 600 for fast runs.

So what happened is NcSoft grabbed what cash they could with the rng boxes, sacrificing the population of the game.  That's a cash grab.

BDO doesn't have p2w elements or cash shop sales in the marketplace in our version.  They could have implemented those and made lots of money really fast, but it would kill the game like any cash grab does.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 29,297
    Rasiem said:

NAER said:
    The games okay I suppose if you like insane amounts of grind and RNG and lackbuster PvP were it's all gear based and skill is meaningless, also you can't even really call it an "MMO" considering almost all the game has to offer you have to do solo and playing with friends actually does more harm then good.
    But if your looking for a way to kill some time and your okay with playing an mmo with damn near 0 social interaction then go for it.
    But, it's not a typical MMO when it comes to end-game. There really isn't one, unless you're into PVP and node wars.
    Recore said:
    I play off and on but for me I am really just waiting for some dungeons and more focus on group play. 
    Definitely a candidate for "Best MMO today"

lolz. :p

Ten types of internet trolls - Which one are you?

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member UncommonPosts: 636
    i have yet to fight any creatures, i have lvled from 3-50 via trade routs and afk fishing XD.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 5,388
    I do a mixture of farming, trading,fishing and quests to get CP. I also kill things for the quests and I just opened the abandoned iron mine in Mediah the one near Altinova I intend to start crafting Grunil for my characters. I am only level 32.

For my part I am relatively engrossed enough in the world to be happy playing it. I think this game is very much a personal preference. I just happen to enjoy so many aspects of it that playing it is a lot of fun. It is really very, very immersive for me but I think another person might find it dull and uninspired.

I totally disagree about the money grab which is simply nonsense. Just trying to condemn a game with the most likely criticism to cause people to turn away and not reflective of the truth. Costumes are not money grabs at all. I have enough pearl cash without any purchases but by simply playing for two complete outfits. I just cannot decide what to buy since my husband who picks all the slutty ones is no help at all. Men ....really...