Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Returning Warcrafter: A Legion Shortlist

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Got 8 more characters to get to 100 then my two accounts will have 22 level 100's for the next expansion
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    A frosted turd doesn't make it a doughnut. PAss. @Horusra doesn't it make you angry knowing newbs could have your 22 chars at 100 and top end gear in under a month lol.
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    edited July 2016

Volgore said:

Gazimoff said:

Volgore said:

Heard all this before WoD.

Heard it all before MoP.

Before Cata.

I give it 4 weeks before people quit again because of "nothing to do...", while some remaining 2-3mio will again sit through 12 month content drought after that.

I'm not going to disagree with you - I've unsubbed during the drought before, and I'll probably do so again. After all, paying for a game that you're not playing doesn't make much sense.

Right, but after not having played for some time, i also think that buying the expansion for about 35Eur and at least one month for 12Eur is a too steep entry to return to this rather old game. Thats almost 50 bucks for 4 weeks of playing.

Blizzard should think about giving discounts to vets that have left at some time. Like if you haven't been subbed for the last 6 month before an expansion releases, you get a free month with the xpack.

I read that some people claimed that they got the addon unlocked on their expired accounts some weeks after release. That's really nice, but seems to be a very rare occasion.

Blizzard would never do that I mean cmon they destroyed the best mmo around due to greed. Oh and you guys do relize they just reskinned the garrisons and called them class halls right lol literally nothing new to this game but the weapon that everyone will have YAY!!! I Love the "Everyone gets a trophy" mindset.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    This thread:

Rasiem said:
    A frosted turd doesn't make it a doughnut. PAss. @Horusra doesn't it make you angry knowing newbs could have your 22 chars at 100 and top end gear in under a month lol.

Nope.  I do not play to compete with them...I play because I love leveling alts and getting them geared up
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited July 2016
    deleted
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Horusra said:
    Got 8 more characters to get to 100 then my two accounts will have 22 level 100's for the next expansion
    Why bother, each class plays the same only with different animations :)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

edited July 2016

Nepheth said:

Legion will have more content on release than WoD have today. I'm having a blast on beta servers.

Well a lot of people didn't like the Mop expansion but for me it wasn't that bad for an expansion. I enjoyed it a lot (except the last 12 months without content). I hated the dungeons but the raids were very good. Especially the throne of thunder. I loved the Monk class. I liked it more than the Cataclysm. For me it was a very underrated expansion. Then WoD came. And I HATED it. The only good thing about that expansion was the leveling. So I was very sceptical about getting Legion. Then I played it on the beta. And when I saw what's coming with it, I instantly bought it and I can't wait for the release. I'm not saying buy it right now etc but just don't hate the expansion before you see what's in it. Wait for it to release and see what people think about this expansion then decide if you buy it or not.

They apologized for the time past without any new content on Wod and Mop and they said they failed to bring the expansions faster then before like they promised. So they returned to their old release style with Legion. One of their Q&A stream they explained what went wrong etc. So I'll give them a second chance for it. I hope they won't screw up this time. This expansion coming strong. For me it is the best expansion since Wotlk. Now the only thing I'm concerned about is what they will deliver after the Legion release. Like I said they apologized for the time without content. I hope they won't do the same mistakes again on Legion...

Would be interesting to hear the dev explain how - absent said tech - the (then) Blizzard team managed to produce a content drop every 2 months for 2 years (12 patches) at the same time as producing BC.

Maybe they lost a lot of advanced tech ..... or - and maybe I am just being cynical - they decided to buy themselves out from Vivendi and then buy King rather than hire some extra devs. Edit: it was 21 or maybe 22 months without content post MoP as well. Two paid expansions to one content patch in the three years since. (The selfies patches etc. don't count).
    edited July 2016
    Nitth said:
    Horusra said:
    Why bother, each class plays the same only with different animations :)

yeah........where as some like housing...I like Transmoging
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    I might play when they give me Legion for free. After all I have so game tokens left. But really they haven't made an expansion actually worth buying in some time. Legion doesn't sound much better. The game is still way too shallow, now temporary artifacts actually have deeper development than your characters do. I don't play RPGs(MMO or otherwise) because I want to role play a sword, I play to build and role play my actual characters. If they ever decided to add some actual character development back into the game, I might buy that expack, until then... I'll play when I'm bored with other games and I have free time in WoW as the game no longer warrants spending actual money on.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited July 2016
    Note to self:. Don't play a bdo ninja and then play WoW.  From the most insane combat powerful action based character... to this.  Apparently they have removed almost every combat ability.  Or at least they did with demo lock.  I used to have dots and nukes and pets now I have shadowbolt and a pet that kills everything while I sleep.  And buffs and debuffs and....
    Post edited by Mardukk on
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    edited July 2016
    MMORPG.com, you all hyped the last expansion to death and then within two months got on the bandwagon calling it terrible and bland like every player that experienced the expansion, and now here you are repeating the same process once again.

I personally returned to WoW and Warlords of Draenor had to be one of the more boring questing experiences I've had. It was alright and it was nice they voiced the characters, but MMORPG.com made it sound like it was this truly epic experience and it just wasn't at all.

Smile

• LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    MMORPG.com, you all hyped the last expansion to death and then within two months got on the bandwagon calling it terrible and bland like every player that experienced the expansion, and now here you are repeating the same process once again.

I personally returned to WoW and Warlords of Draenor had to be one of the more boring questing experiences I've had. It was alright and it was nice they voiced the characters, but MMORPG.com made it sound like it was this truly epic experience and it just wasn't at all.
    1) It's in the their best interests to hype everything - the more popular MMOs are, the higher the traffic generated by the site, and the better the ad revenue. I never take anything the actual reviews/previews on this website say with more than a grain of salt.

2) However, in fairness, EVERYONE thought Legion was the bee's knees for the first 4-6 weeks. It was only when the curtain fell away and we all glimpsed the wizard as a hunched, red-nosed old carnival barker that the masses collectively roared AH HAH!
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Lleith said:

A shorter Legion short list:

1) Check to make sure WoW is still uninstalled from hardrive.
    2) Profit.

so true...
    or grind stuff for months like the garrison, just to see that it is all completely useless wasted time...
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    edited July 2016
    Don't hate the game. i just don't understand why people return/leave every expansion. I understand content devouring is what a lot of people think MMOs are. I just don't understand why single player games aren't superior to MMOs in this regard. MMOs always seemed more about friends/online play then content chewing to me. Well except SWTOR, and SWTOR is basically a single player game online, at least the way I play it.

I hope everyone who rushes back, it enjoys it. Just not sure why people repeat that same process over and over, when the expectation has to be that they will be out in ~2 months. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results has been called something.............I just can't remember what........

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

MMOman101 said:

Don't hate the game. i just don't understand why people return/leave every expansion. I understand content devouring is what a lot of people think MMOs are. I just don't understand why single player games aren't superior to MMOs in this regard. MMOs always seemed more about friends/online play then content chewing to me. Well except SWTOR, and SWTOR is basically a single player game online, at least the way I play it.

I hope everyone who rushes back, it enjoys it. Just not sure why people repeat that same process over and over, when the expectation has to be that they will be out in ~2 months. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results has been called something.............I just can't remember what........

Single player games for content - absolutely an alternative for content. And I am sure that some will return to play the expansion as though it was a single player game.

The social aspect though has had an alternative for several years now: the "guild".

Once guilds were tied to a single game. Once they started getting TS or other voice chat services however they evolved. TS etc. empowered guilds and allowed them to move from game to game. Sometimes en masse, sometimes two or three games. Such guilds will return simply to play through the new content and then move on.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Nepheth said:

Abcynth said:

Very much looking forward to Legion. All the changes seem to be for the better. I've always focused on professions so its nice to see that they are getting some much needed love. And the fact that there is no cap anymore on the amount of crafted gear at max level is great. I can't really speak too much about the class changes since I haven't messed with too many yet, but all my alts are capped and ready to delve into this new era head on!

I haven't paid close attention.  what are the big changes you are looking forward to?  I just can't get excited for this expansion but maybe I will closer to release.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwiaPYufmQOq5F1TI-FzQhw

Watch the Legion videos on this channel. He explained almost everything about this expansion.

thanks for the info. Still not feeling it. I'll probably wait 6 weeks after launch and see what the feeling is then after the honeymoon phase is over. MMO releases/expansions these days seldom pass that test.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited July 2016

MMOman101 said:

It's the social aspect of being in the same world and chatting. It's different than playing skyrim alone and chatting with someone in a different game. and you have the option to group when you want to or show off your stuff. Single player RPGs stopped interesting me after MMOs. There's also a lot more content in MMOs than single player games and while mods can be nice they really don't do much for me.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

MMOman101 said:

It's the social aspect of being in the same world and chatting. It's different than playing skyrim alone and chatting with someone in a different game. and you have the option to group when you want to or show off your stuff. Single player RPGs stopped interesting me after MMOs.

There's also a lot more content in MMOs than single player games and while mods can be nice they really don't do much for me.

I understand that, but if the social aspect is what gets people going back, why does it not keep them. Just seems odd to jump away for ~12 months, return for 2, and then leave for 12 again. If people are going back for content, isn't there a better way to get content now? If it is for friends, why leave in the first place?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    MMOman101 said:

I understand that, but if the social aspect is what gets people going back, why does it not keep them. Just seems odd to jump away for ~12 months, return for 2, and then leave for 12 again. If people are going back for content, isn't there a better way to get content now? If it is for friends, why leave in the first place?
    Because what the majority of the playerbase considers "social aspect" has become as shallow as the people itself.
    "Socializing" happens with a button-click, folks come and go as they like, no bonds, no social responsibilities. "Friends" are some nametags on a list.
    At some time the game got flooded by these anti-social hermits that don't talk to others, even in their own guilds - no "hi" when they join, no "bye" when they log out. And when you raise a point about that in your guild, you'll get silenced by these particular group of people that basicly tolerate everything, stand up for every nonsense and tell you "omg, just let him be already."

Your alts get bombed with guild invitations from people that haven't said a single word to you before.

In my days in WoW it wasn't like that at all. I played with RL friends and made RL friends in WoW and other games.
    You gave one gold to a newbie and tailored some bags and he was eternally grateful. You helped someone with a quest and he put you on his friendlist. It was like you had a deal with someone.
    Today you hand out some bags, that guy doesn't say anything and you'll never see him again because he plays a different game the next day. You help someone, they suddenly log off and don't know you anymore the next day.

When my friends quit WoW one after another, eventually i was the only one left of our group. I had a hard time trying to socialize with what the playerbase had become. WoW became a game for kids and housewifes and i got sick of the horrible attitude of both. Stupid kids have the attention span of a gnat.
    Soccer moms causing drama left and right, leaving a raid of 19 other people waiting every 5min because "kid/mom/best friend calls all the time lol, what can i do?". No social abilities anymore.

There is no social aspect in this game anymore. Only thing people are aware of is themselves. The game was takem over by the playerbase Blizzard wanted to cater to and attract, which were people that don't play mmorpgs. Nobody needs anyone anymore for content.
    That's why everyone just hops in and out. And that's why the game will go down again to 2-3mio 6-8 month after Legion.

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239

cagan said:

Lleith said:

2) Profit.

so true...

or grind stuff for months like the garrison, just to see that it is all completely useless wasted time...

All games are useless waste of time without exception. But with that attitude even last year's vaacation is waste of time now if you look back at it you've got no benefit from that today 'cept memories.

You poor bitter soul. :)
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Rasiem said:
    Except that isn't true at all. They could have the level 100's potentially, but top end gear? Hell no. Newbs cannot get mythic gear. Newbs can get raid finder gear, and maybe some of the okay pvp gear (not the arena gear). People always say WoW is easy, and catering to newbies, but it has the difficulty there for people who are willing to try to do it, it's just most people just assume it isn't. Gear structure in WoW is weird now, there is raid finder gear which is the lowest, than normal raid gear which is a little better, than heroic raid gear which is better, than mythic raid gear which is the best.
    The gear between levels looks different too.

cagan said:

Lleith said:

2) Profit.

so true...

All games are useless waste of time without exception. But with that attitude even last year's vaacation is waste of time now if you look back at it you've got no benefit from that today 'cept memories.

Do sport teams say last season was a waste of time since they have to start over again next season?
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239

Horusra said:

cagan said:

Lleith said:

2) Profit.

so true...

Do sport teams say last season was a waste of time since they have to start over again next season?

I mean fine a word games can be used in a context of sport games however I think it's obvious we discuss computer games here right?