Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your Favorite Theme Song in a game.

Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
edited July 2016 in General Gaming
@GainsNGames's post about theme a song made me think of this.  What's your favorite game's theme song.  Here's one I really like a lot.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    DAoC always got me pumped up...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    borderlands 2 had a good theme song, think it was by the Heavies

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    edited July 2016
    Some of the tracks in EVE are amazing, when you consider the guy bluffed his way into the job because he'd never done anything like that before. Some of the login screen tracks have been especially good.
  • StarS0ftStarS0ft Member UncommonPosts: 124
    the best: (plz lisen to the end):

• GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    edited July 2016
    Jeremy Soule's masterpiece. 

Almost as good as CHIM.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited July 2016
    [WARNING - FFXIV MAIN STORY QUEST SPOILER]

This:

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited July 2016

If you haven't played mass effect 2 and 3 you need, to the game is amazing.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Also:

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited July 2016

Way to many to choose. Few lemmings tracks are awesome, and Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 is epic.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited July 2016
    Knights of Honor still awesome.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I never did like World of Warcraft. I probably only have about 1-2 weeks of time invested in it. However, the original game menu theme was fantastic.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Morrowind theme.  Though they've overused it as themes for every other ES game since then, the original version is still haunting and beautiful.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited July 2016
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Spy Hunter.  It has a tune I still remember.

I self identify as a monkey.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    EQ1, still use it as my ring tone from time to time. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    edited July 2016

/awesome
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Original Zelda them, I still hum it all the time.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    The sound of silence.

No, not the old S & G tune, I immediately turn off all music on any game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Literally the most inspiring song I've ever heard in a video game.  It's the kind of song that makes you want to pick up a sword and charge into battle.  Her voice... dear lord it's perfect and fits the game so perfectly.

Runner up is also voiced by Helene.  No words, just a haunting and chilling tune.

No other game soundtrack that I've ever heard before or since has even come close to the Age of Conan soundtrack.  They simply crushed it on the music.  No contest.
  • GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    First time I entered Tom Bombadil's cabin in the Old Forest and heard this song :)...best track in LOTRO.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Theme would have to be Morrowind > Oblivion > ESO > Skyrim.