Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Users trying to legitimately report spam shouldn't get blocked for spamming

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
There seems to be a gold site spammer running around the forums this morning and after several attempts to legitimately report these posts, I get a block while the spammer continues to post.
This doesn't make sense to me.

Comments

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    I feel you man..

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited July 2016
    All it takes is to make one report stating the poster has made multiple spam advertising posts.  If you want more accuracy then state how many posts they've made that violate the rules.  Include the sub forums if you want. The moderators will take it from that single report.

I've been doing that for years with excellent results.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Grunty said:
    All it takes is to make one report stating the poster has made multiple spam advertising posts.  If you want more accuracy then state how many posts they've made that violate the rules.  Include the sub forums if you want. The moderators will take it from that single report.

I've been doing that for years with excellent results.
    This. Once you report a spammer we'll nuke their account. It's not necessary to report every spam post they make.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    For many years i've been reporting these posts and when i see them, most of the time i report every single one of them separately. And i always add silly texts to the report. I love it.
    It adds a little color to my otherwise depressingly bleak life!

Never got blocked!
    I take that as my incredible reporting skills are very much appreciated!