Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - the fake Erillion

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
edited July 2016 in Star Citizen
Regular posters here may remember that someone photoshopped a fake Erillion profile similar to the official Star Citizen forum profile. Only to fail when it was proven with the "Search" function that no such profile ever existed. And i am using a different name and avatar on the official SC forum (my old Wing Commander call-sign). 

I have now been made aware (thank you!) that this special someone ;-) has specifically created a new Erillion profile (including the "correct" Avatar picture) on the official SC forum. And then raised hell on the forums for a day or two to get permabanned (well, banned until 2026 ;-). 

I find that quite hilarious. 

What do you think? Should i consider this a somewhat strange form of flattery? 

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Erillion

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Who knows what motivates people.

I do know that some people have chosen Star Citizen as the symbol of everything they consider wrong with the world. It's not unlike what goes on in the real world - with people blowing themselves and a bunch of innocents up.

I don't know why people feel such a burning need to harm that which they don't understand - but that's just the way a certain minority works.

Unfortunately, people love to focus on the vocal minority - because it's "exciting".
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited July 2016
    Looks like they enlisted at the end of January and last visted the forums at the end of March. Can't see their posts or threads which is a shame.

Who knows, perhaps it was you all along and this is just some agitprop stuff to try and make someone else look bad? :D

Will we ever know the truth?
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    hey man cool story. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Just show's someone hates you enough to imitate, personally I'd be careful it doesn't turn into something bad, plenty of nutcases on the internet, as evidenced by these forums sometimes
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Maybe you are fanboying too much for SC? I mean, if your opponent goes to that extreme, maybe it says something about your extremism. 

But maybe just someone with too much time on their hands. 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited July 2016
    I think Erillion is one of the more reasonable Star Citizen fans. He tries to explain everything so that it'll look good for Star Citizen, but from what I've seen he avoids lies, and doesn't do personal attacks.

I'm sorry someone is treating you like that Erillion.

edited July 2016
    Vrika said:
    I think Erillion is one of the more reasonable Star Citizen fans. He tries to explain everything so that it'll look good for Star Citizen, but from what I've seen he avoids lies, and doesn't do personal attacks.

I'm sorry someone is treating you like that Erillion.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I'm a big supporter of the SC vision myself - but I don't quite have the ability to remain pleasant and calm like Erillion does. I might be slightly more objective, though :)

However, sometimes, the irrational hatred gets me to react with too much emotion.

It takes quite the balanced mindset to avoid that - so good on him ;)

It's probably because he's such an effective supporter that this "snowflake" became frustrated enough to turn desperate like this.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Why even make a post and give this guy attention  which is basically exactly what he wants?

Also you are aware you just posted a topic about yourself right?
    Don't you find that embarrassing?

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Why even make a post and give this guy attention  which is basically exactly what he wants?

You know how such a guy thinks? I wonder why :)

The topic was about the guy - not Erillion. It's not rocket science.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    edited July 2016
    But... But...

What if HE is the real one and you are the fake? Ever consider that?

*Noise of tinfoil being folded*
    Imagine Erillion kissing himself like Shatner in that awful Star Trek movie ;)
    DKLond said:
    sgel said:

Aww a cute personal attack by an avid SC fan.
    How original ;)

..Cake..

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    DKLond said:
    Imagine Erillion kissing himself like Shatner in that awful Star Trek movie ;)

More like this?

sgel said:
    DKLond said:
    sgel said:

How original ;)
    Aww, a cute imagined attack by a hater.

Even more original ;)

DKLond said:
    sgel said:
    DKLond said:
    sgel said:

How original ;)
    Aww, a cute imagined attack by a hater.

Even more original ;)

Not as embarrassing as pretending I didn't say what I did or copying someone else's words.

..Cake..

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited July 2016
    It's just....
    Typing " have fun "  as a signature even when discussing something "angry" or "sarcastic" or whatnot makes me feel sick when reading your posts. I image you as a cold blooded psycho when you post something with temper and fiercely defending it and at the end,
    "Have fun"
    I don't know man...I'm a frequent reader on these forums for a very long time if not a "writer" while not having any relevance with any of SC or RSI.Most annoying posts up to date came from you with Wizardry being second. ( no offense, just observations ).
    I would remove the Have fun signature below your posts and add it to signature place in your profile settings if you want to yell it in our face that much,  just for a little bit sympathy's sake.
    Other than that your work is hard and i appreciate the cold blood part in above statement. It's annoying things like these to happen to high profile people..

beLIEve

It's just....
    Typing " have fun "  as a signature even when discussing something "angry" or "sarcastic" or whatnot makes me feel sick when reading your posts. I image you as a cold blooded psycho when you post something with temper and fiercely defending it and at the end,
    "Have fun"
    I don't know man...I'm a frequent reader on these forums for a very long time if not a "writer" while not having any relevance with any of SC or RSI.Most annoying posts up to date came from you with Wizardry being second. ( no offense, just observations ).
    I would remove the Have fun signature below your posts and add it to signature place in your profile settings if you want to yell it in our face that much,  just for a little bit sympathy's sake.
    Other than that your work is hard and i appreciate the cold blood part in above statement. It's annoying things like these to happen to high profile people..

Having "have fun" as a signature makes you think of him as a cold blooded psycho - and HE is the one who should change something?

Ahem, sure.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Probably the work of a Goon, seems like their style to get your name besmirched and banned on SC forums.

A more serious issue would have been if the person kept up the pretense long term, could have been much more annoying for you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 449
    edited July 2016
    The screenshots you speak of were never photoshops and that account was always legit. Seems your user search sleuthing at the time was just fail. Old news.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I would post my funny Erillion video but last time I got banned for it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I've been banned for things I've said about Erillion, but I wouldn't go as far as making a fake account. Though, I still wish the worst upon him.
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Is this the part where we care what happens in your online forum life?
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited July 2016
    Well since you brought it up... ;)

The spam-like topics posted almost daily along with the sometimes condescending attitude (although I admit it is needed in some circumstances) will not make you fast friends with those that do have issues with SC. This game does have honest-to-goodness problems that hopefully will be ironed out but time is running out on them to do so before pitchforks are brandished. At some point CR and family need to shit or get off the pot and get SOMETHING like a real game out the door. Your always cheery "what? I don't see no iceberg" stance in the face of real issues, not the bullshit DS/SA shite but actual issues, rubs the wrong way.

That's coming from a backer that still has hope and loves ya like a brother!

EDIT: See @Rusque post for proof!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited July 2016
    Why bother posting on a website that doesnt even work.

I tried, keep trying, this site is ridiculously poorly made, so bye bye long ass post for yet another time, this site eats all.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    To me this proves what already works in Korea: connect game/forum accounts to reallife ID, resident registration number.
This discussion has been closed.