Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naval Content Expansion Coming to NA / EU in Q4 2016

2»

Comments

• LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    DMKano said:
    Without player collision on boats in BD - you have this:

This looks good to anyone? 

I care more about gameplay than appearances. An element that is fun but ugly is vastly superior to one that is pretty but dull. We'll see how the patch goes when it arrives. Unlike the fanboys, I don't have exceedingly high hopes, but you never know.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited July 2016
    DMKano said:
    Rhime said:

DMKano said:

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

The physics of how the shis interact on AA with inertia, mass and speed all playing a part.

You can customize a ship in AA to do massive damage by ramming other boats for example.

Boat to boat collision is fully present as well as player to player collision - neither one exists currently in BDO.

In BDO you can walk through other players, boats go through one another like they were made out of air.

It's a night and day difference 

Ok, that's at least a better explanation.

No one can claim to know anything in specific related to the physic in the naval expansion in BDO.  It is entirely possible that by the time this naval expansion is released in NA/EU all of those physics will be on par and just as viable in BDO, as they are in AA.  All talk regarding this expansion on this thread is based on baseless speculation and should not be taken as gospel.  The level of detail and professionalism BDO's game play mechanics to date have been top notch.  There is no reason to believe that the naval expansion will be any different.

I am talking current implementation in BDO - as in right now. The swim mechanics, the lack of currents and weight physics, lack of collision - I would be very surprised if they added player to player collison for example.

Without player collision on boats in BD - you have this:

This looks good to anyone? 

LOL...that's not even an accurate representation.

That's taken from BDO - they are hunting a whale  - how can something that is taken from the game itself not be an accurate representation of what I am talking about - which is lack of player to player collision detection - clearly it shows what it looks like to pile a bunch of players in a tight spot - they are all clipping through eachother.

The more you talk the more I think you have an agenda about this game.  Either that or you are too dense to figure out why they did this.  As if player collision is the end all.  I played DFUW and it had player collision, it worked in that tiny population game.  I really don't think that it would work in BDO with the amount of people and NPC's autopathing on the roads.  With region banks it would not be wise to take out auto pathing as you spend much of your time traveling.  I do hope they add in collision for boat to boat though.
  • MoosahMoosah Member UncommonPosts: 12
    This video is private.

Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4GHz | ASUS Z87 PRO | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte Aurus Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti 11GB | Creative Soundblaster Z Sound Card | Samsung 256GB 840Pro SSD | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD | Antec TruPower Quattro 1200 Watt PSU

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    DMKano said:
    Yep - they have a long way to go but it's a start
    Usually when something as simplistic as this is in installed, the chances of it getting major changes are pretty much nil.  Just look at the space part of Star Wars of the Old Republic.  Never going to be changed.

So this will be probably all you get in the way of ships.  Of course with Daum's ineptness who knows if they ever get it in.