Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Legion Pre-Patch and My Return to Azeroth - Bill Murphy

Comments

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Torval said:
    I think the new stat is Versatility. I like it. Offensive power and mitigation all in one gear stat. It made me want to run dungeons to get some decent gear which I'm not normally interested in.

I'm not sure what mage builds are good for low level dungeons, but I might give that a go. Hopefully mages can hold their own in group content.
    I find dungeons a pretty miserable experience. They were one of my favorite things to do in the game at release. Now though I really dislike it. I think it's because of Heirloom gear. If you don't have insta-cast abilities/spells then the chance of you hitting anything outside of a boss are pretty rare. Every mob in them pops like a balloon and you'll be done with the entire run within ten minutes. Guess it's good if you've run them a hundred times? For people like me though, not so much.

Outside of that I have been enjoying it. This time around I have been paying attention to the lore and excited to see what happens in Legion. I haven't checked out the live version of class changes yet but they were hit or miss on PTR for me. The new Mistweaver Monk felt really clunky to me, but I enjoyed the changes made to Elemental Shaman.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Avarix said:
    Torval said:
    I think the new stat is Versatility. I like it. Offensive power and mitigation all in one gear stat. It made me want to run dungeons to get some decent gear which I'm not normally interested in.

I'm not sure what mage builds are good for low level dungeons, but I might give that a go. Hopefully mages can hold their own in group content.
    I find dungeons a pretty miserable experience. They were one of my favorite things to do in the game at release. Now though I really dislike it. I think it's because of Heirloom gear. If you don't have insta-cast abilities/spells then the chance of you hitting anything outside of a boss are pretty rare. Every mob in them pops like a balloon and you'll be done with the entire run within ten minutes. Guess it's good if you've run them a hundred times? For people like me though, not so much.

Outside of that I have been enjoying it. This time around I have been paying attention to the lore and excited to see what happens in Legion. I haven't checked out the live version of class changes yet but they were hit or miss on PTR for me. The new Mistweaver Monk felt really clunky to me, but I enjoyed the changes made to Elemental Shaman.

Everything explodes in leveling 5 mans with or without heirloom gear. Mists of Pandaria 5 mans tend to have bosses and trash that last more than a few seconds. 
  • ZendaiZendai Member UncommonPosts: 115

DAOWAce said:

My return to ResidentSleeper.

I don't know how WoW is still alive, or why people still play it after 12 years.

Then again, my frie..nemy is a Blizzard fanboy and pretty much all he plays are Blizzard games, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised some people are insane.

Suzie already chewed you out pretty good, but I want to add to this.

I love the derision we see from commentators all over about anyone committed to Blizzard games, as if they are somehow superior. Guess what sunshine, there is nothing special, amazing, or brilliant about you. The hate you have for Blizzard reflects more about your ignorance and close-minded point of view than your perceived "insanity" of those who enjoy WoW, or Blizzard games in general. You're perception of "fun" is in no way more sophisticated than mine, only your ego and implied genius intellect and "sanity" separates us.

Simply put, WoW continues to improve year after year, and I am super stoked for the new expansion. The class combat feels so much more intuitive and polished. You can see some of the crossover from Diablo 3 in the ability usage and impact that is much more satisfying than in previous renditions of the game. Plus the story improvement looks spectacular, I really can't wait a whole month for this, Blizzard is once again exceeding my expectations. I'm currently trying to record and complete my Dark vs. Light event in SWTOR, but WoW keeps stealing my time away because I can't stop leveling my Mage. It's affecting my competitive HotS play as well.

Oh and by the way to the "Mr.SuperGenius" above, Blizzard fanboys and gurls are such because Blizzard makes consistently the best games in any genre. Look up their numbers, and they crush, consistently, any competition. You don't get that way off of hype alone, you don't maintain that status by "good marketing". You market well, and you back it up, then everything you release afterward, your fans believe in, and they keep giving you money and making new fans. There are people I work with that haven't played WoW since BC that have picked up WoW recently and can't put it down. Maybe you should give it a shot before talking shit and badmouthing anyone that enjoys it as "insane'. Ass.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    @BillMurphy What does " I even bought a WoW token and sold it for the gold needed to deck myself out in Heirlooms and get the dang Chauffeured Mount, because who doesn’t want 60% speed boosts at level 1?" mean exactly? I tried figuring out what this stuff is. Pretty sure heirlooms are those items that lvl up with characters. But the token? And since when can you ride at lvl 1?
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Towards the end of lich king till present blizz took a wrong turn and lost many loyal customers for life. It would take something amazing to fix that lost trust. Pretty soon WoW will have just one stat Strength it will encompass crit, Hp, power(magic and melee), def, cast times, mana regen, pvp and pve mitigations, resists, speed, and well anything else that makes you strong :D cause hey all those things are strengths it makes sense to put them all in one stat so people understand easier then all gear only needs one stat. Then they can just do away with talents all together just give us archetypes it will be much more helpful to jus pick say elemental, fury, or nature and just get the same things as every one else that has them then it will be more fare and fun. Just my predications based on past performance. But on a serious note I should not kid they might actually look at this and use the idea lol
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    WoW lost me after TBC. I stuck around for WoTLK and enjoyed it as much as I could, but I was never a fan of addon mods for games. WoW became a game that was "if you don't have all 20 of these mods installed you'll be kicked from group, banned from raiding, blah blah blah" - I have enjoyed games much better that were based purely on player skill instead of relying on Deadly Boss Mods and things of that like. Not sure how much the game has changed since then.....anyone playing with 0 mods installed?!
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    ive re-subbed today after about a year not playing, i got bored after 1 hour, its not enough to make me buy legion, infact its put me off even more, its too dumbed down, ill be waiting for legacy servers if it doesnt happen then aleast i can take solace in the fact i got to experience vanilla in all its glory
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2016
    SBFord said:
    Honestly, it feels like WoW, along with every other MMO out there, is becoming a "play for 2-3 months at expansion time and then leave" rinse-repeat kind of game. The days of years of exclusive devotion to a single game are gone for the most part.
    This is so (unfortunately) true.

The worst part is developers are heading in the wrong direction completely in their attempts to increase longevity for these games.  Stop focusing on randomly generating level designs, start working on developing more complex, deeper, and more logical AI.  Randomly generate the NPCs (complete with new personalities, abilities, habits, and tactics) you fight; the scenery is far less important.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I didn't really follow the changes this xpack will bring, but this level scaling thing got me interested! How does it work?
    Will every quest in every zone scale to my level at any time? So i could get from 55-57 in the Barrens or from 20-25, 67-70 in Feralas?

That would totally overthrow the old "zone to zone" level path...and how would the stories make sense if everything was mixed and out of any lore order?

Maybe someone can explain this to me, as obviously i have no idea.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2016
    Zendai said:

Oh and by the way to the "Mr.SuperGenius" above, Blizzard fanboys and gurls are such because Blizzard makes consistently the best games in any genre. Look up their numbers, and they crush, consistently, any competition. You don't get that way off of hype alone, you don't maintain that status by "good marketing". You market well, and you back it up, then everything you release afterward, your fans believe in, and they keep giving you money and making new fans. There are people I work with that haven't played WoW since BC that have picked up WoW recently and can't put it down. Maybe you should give it a shot before talking shit and badmouthing anyone that enjoys it as "insane'. Ass.
    Your post was very apropos until this paragraph.  At that point, you went off-the-rails in the very manner that has earned Blizzard fanboys and fangurls the ire you disdain.

HOTS is generally considered an average MOBA, relative to the genre as a whole.  And while Overwatch enjoyed all the rage of the hype machine, it had absolutely NO effect on its only direct competition (a 10 year old Valve game that's actually increased its average users since OW's release), so I don't see the latest release as a domination of genre, either.

Both games are certainly polished with clear design philosophies (moreso with OW).  However, neither redefined nor gobbled up their genre competition.  They are, as ever with Blizzard, simply solid video games.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    So reading through the article I'm supposed to the most excited about "stories"...oh boy.
  • NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I tried to give WOW one last chance. I logged in for the legion pre patch as I was excited about the new changes. Christ, what a mistake that was. PVP and combat in general is horrible now. What was a fluid combat system, now feels clunky. Pruning has gone way too far.

They have completely ruined the game for me now ;(. I am voting with my wallet and mah feet. I have now deleted all my chars, even the ones that I created back in 2005. Sold everything I had and just uninstalled the game. I would imagine a lot more people want to quit for good, but WOW is like a drug, esp if you have been playing for many years. ( hard to give up even when you should).

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I tried to give WOW one last chance. I logged in for the legion pre patch as I was excited about the new changes. Christ, what a mistake that was. PVP and combat in general is horrible now. What was a fluid combat system, now feels clunky. Pruning has gone way too far.

They have completely ruined the game for me now ;(. I am voting with my wallet and mah feet. I have now deleted all my chars, even the ones that I created back in 2005. Sold everything I had and just uninstalled the game. I would imagine a lot more people want to quit for good, but WOW is like a drug, esp if you have been playing for many years. ( hard to give up even when you should).

Can I have your stuff?

sorry I just had to throw that in there ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190

Kopogero said:

World of Warcraft does better job than any other theme park MMO with PvE, specifically raid mechanics on bosses.

Have to say Wildstar is really where it's at for raids. Datascape sets a whole new standard.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

Phixion13 said:

Kopogero said:

World of Warcraft does better job than any other theme park MMO with PvE, specifically raid mechanics on bosses.

Have to say Wildstar is really where it's at for raids. Datascape sets a whole new standard.

Except there's like 7 people total playing the game.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Phixion13 said:

Kopogero said:

Except there's like 7 people total playing the game.

Haha, you know what?
    I said the same about Rift sime weeks ago...except i said "10" people playing.
    Got a warning for that...

Yes, go figure.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    laserit said:

Can I have your stuff?

sorry I just had to throw that in there ;)
    You can have mine......if you can figure out where I left it.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Ikeda said:

@BillMurphy What does " I even bought a WoW token and sold it for the gold needed to deck myself out in Heirlooms and get the dang Chauffeured Mount, because who doesn’t want 60% speed boosts at level 1?" mean exactly? I tried figuring out what this stuff is. Pretty sure heirlooms are those items that lvl up with characters. But the token? And since when can you ride at lvl 1?

You can buy a token from other players with gold (through auction house). It gives you 30 days of playtime. And the level 1 mount is 'heirloom' mount, its a chopper that an npc drives (you still actually drive it tho). But its slower than other mounts.
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    edited July 2016

There are a few specs that aren't that interesting yes. But I feel a lot of specs are actually much better now, like fury warrior, enhance shaman, crazy rouge specs etc..

Also everything is tuned in combination with the artifact weapons which you only get on expac release. The weapons offer a whole talent tree within the weapon itself.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Kopogero said:

World of Warcraft does better job than any other theme park MMO with PvE, specifically raid mechanics on bosses. Then it has some of the best ranked PvP in battlegrounds and arena combined with enjoyable story and distinct classes you have a decent MMO.

Downside to WOW it's been the lack of content and long delays between PvP seasons which is addressed now. It has titles, mounts and other achievements as end game rewards for progression and more importantly, if you are lucky you can find yourself to be part of a very interesting guild you'll bond with and enjoy socializing, something few other MMO's could also do in the past.

World of Warcraft it is what it is not out of fanboyzm or random luck, but because of what it delivers. To wrap this up the addons have also played a crucial part to deliver a sophisticated combat and far more friendly UI.

Some people don't think so other do. WoW it self haves there own problem like any other mmo. Better job on keeping the content free from bugs yes. On content updates or new ideas, and or not losing 60% of there player base in few months can come to question. If it's better or just more of the same. Like what other mmo that keep doing there same mistake.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited July 2016
    I wish the best for this game. It is a historical game that should be appreciated by its fans. I personally never play it, but I respect the players who do.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Your experience is a product of the people you play with more than the mechanics and systems.

Like every other title out there.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Back to Azeroth = there just isnt anything else interesting out there right now :/
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Will they still restrict what quests you can do by your level ? When I went back recently and played a hunter quests would not appear until I am of the right level so I could not take higher level quests. This was disappointing.
    Chamber of Chains
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    This actually sounds pretty interesting. Not sure if I can handle the old-style combat and 3-trillion skills finger acrobatics, but I am seriously tempted to take a look again. From memory ret paladin (don't know if its still a thing) was pretty straight forward on the keybindings, would be fun to test it out with normalized pvp.