Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Police Blocking Off Streets For Pokemon Go Territory Battles

2»

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited July 2016
    Oh right. It's better America removes Pokemon Go and remains the fattest country in the world. It's better for humanity because just like cops in America, the bad incidents that happen with real people playing Pokemon Go trumps the 99% that are using it for positive reasons.

It gets more attention and media eats ratings like a cow so they focus on negatives. Shit happens. So you see bad things a lot revolving Pokemon Go but do you really if you go outside yourself?  People need to learn and adapt. When does the world become "ready" for Pokemon Go? What does the state of our being need to become in order for us to try new things? 

It's in our nature to not be in our nature hence why we're not living up in trees anymore. Remember when people were so crazed about television and video games? "What
    has our society become" e.t.c was being chanted just like some of the people here are doing.

Get over it. If the evil or be it dumb people get into bad situations with use of Pokemon Go, it isn't the Pokemon Go that is the problem. It's the people themselves. Let's just say theoretically if Pokemon Go didn't exist, those same people would get into the same sort of circumstance one way or another, regardless.

Edit: I've played some Pokemon Go last night. You NEVER have to go into someone's yard to fetch a pokemon. This incident is inexperienced users not knowing that they can start capturing a pokemon from a VERY large distance but instead opted to get REALLY close even though they didn't have to!
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited July 2016

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Dvora said:
    Didn't bother to watch the video because pokemon does not deserve the time of any adult...
    Neither does golf, computer games, console games or skateboarding, to mention but 4 popular activities, yet people seem to enjoy them.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    So in the last 35 years, all we have done is invent the real life version of this....

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    No.... the 2 grown men there don't look shady or out of place at all. Wonder how many missing children have been caused by this game so far...
    Probably none. If it happened, it would have been all over the news by now. 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Or this...

As someone who owns a frenchie, I'd never take him out in this heat for pokemans. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited July 2016
    SBFord said:

I don't hate Pokemon Go. I hate the way that social responsibility is being thrown out the window because the game trumps the real world. The real world is being patient at the moment, but as more fall off cliffs, walk into busy thoroughfares, as more crowds block off streets, parks and playgrounds from the larger non-gaming portion of humanity, the more it will end  badly. While the stories of people coming together are pretty neat, the bad examples and the dark side of the game show that humanity is not ready for this technology.

These AR games, whole world games, etc. need boundaries, both from developers and from players themselves. The flipping real world takes precedence over the "augmented" world. 

This is what sensationalizing gets you, the outlying case becomes the talking point. Instead of the thousands of cases of folks being sensible and approaching this tech with common sense, we focus on the few cases where something bad happens. "humanity isn't ready" lol... That's like saying humans aren't ready for google maps or a text message, changing CD's, etc... because a few outlying cases have shown folks will kill themselves or others by not paying attention. This is the textbook definition of being an alarmist.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    PokemonGo is adding pvp?
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    man..here in vancouver all the asians (well hongcouver right?) just keep starring on those fuckin screens...like fuckin zombies...even when there is a couple - they dont talk to each other! they keep their eyes on the screens! all the time! completely sick what happened to ppl. those mobile fuckers keep blocking everybody ("walking" in the middle of the footpaths etc)....mind blowing. and now that bullshit for 5 years old kids called fuckemon go....fucked up society.
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    No.... the 2 grown men there don't look shady or out of place at all. Wonder how many missing children have been caused by this game so far...
    Probably none. If it happened, it would have been all over the news by now. 

nah those two are just kid fags...