Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tv series/shows, you can thank me later...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
With over a month of wait for Legion to come I find myself without a good game currently to enjoy and as you can see I'm getting kinda low on tv options from all that I've enjoyed watching. So, I ask this community for help...if any great tv series I've missed below, please share. Should I watch Suits, Supernatural, Pretty Little Liars, and some other shows that going strong for 4+ seasons? I prefer most tv shows with some romance involved between the main cast.

In no particular order that I've enjoyed watching...

#1 Vikings
#2 Penny Dreadful
#3 Daredevil
#4 Supergirl
#5 Agents of Shield
#6 Gotham
#7 The Strain
#8 The Flash
#9 Arrow
#10 Forever
#11 The 100
#12 Outlander (only saw 1st season, was good)
#13 Once Upon a time
#14 Smallville
#15 Black Sails
#16 The Walking Dead
#17 Fear the Walking Dead
#18 True Blood
#19 I Zombie (only saw 1st season, was good)
#20 Anger Management
#21 Two and a Half Men
#22 Witches of East End
#23 Game of Thrones
#24 Breaking Bad
#25 Almost Human
#26 Jessica Jones
#27 Vampire Diares
#28 The Originals
#29 Dark Matter
#30 Dexter
#31 The Expanse
#32 Dominion
#33 Esmeralda - 1997
#34 Kassandra - 1992
#35 Lazos de amor - 1995
#36 Hercules: The Legendary Journeys - 1995
#37 Mr. Robot
#38 Beauty and the Beast
#39 Shannara Chronicles

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    This is what the off-topic sub-forum is for: http://forums.mmorpg.com/categories/off-topic-discussion
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    edited July 2016
    But this is general about MMO's and what to do when they aren't helping to keep us entertained

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited July 2016
    edited July 2016
    I'll check them out DMKano, thx.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    24 was probably the greatest TV series of all time, IMO. I'm rewatching it atm and think I've enjoyed it as much or even more than Game of Thrones (which I've rewatched multiple times). Jack is such a badass.

House of Cards also very entertaining, tho perhaps a little too real for my taste. Hasn't kept me from watching it though.

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Stranger Things just started it's first season up on Netflix. I highly recommend it.

This could end up being very interesting.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Dullahan said:
    24 was probably the greatest TV series of all time, IMO. I'm rewatching it atm and think I've enjoyed it as much or even more than Game of Thrones (which I've rewatched multiple times). Jack is such a badass.

House of Cards also very entertaining, tho perhaps a little too real for my taste. Hasn't kept me from watching it though.

You spelled Person of Interest wrong!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

@DMKano Is there any actual romance in Homeland? I wish the other series you recommended had more than 1-2 seasons, but still at this point I would take anything...

edited July 2016
    Any romance on 24, Person of Interest or Homeland between the main cast? I also heard good things about The Blacklist, I just don't find that to have any romance too. Silicon Valley and Lost are another popular tv series I've missed that many praise. I'm also unsure if there is any romance in those as well. I'll be watching Stranger Things myself right now...The horror/thriller should be good enough genre.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    edited July 2016
    Stargate 
    Babylon 5
    Stargate Atlantis
    Star Trek TNG
    Stargate Universe
    Star Trek Voyager
    Star Trek DS9
    Star Trek Enterprise
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kopogero said:
    Any romance on 24, Person of Interest or Homeland between the main cast? I also heard good things about The Blacklist, I just don't find that to have any romance too. Silicon Valley and Lost are another popular tv series I've missed that many praise. I'm also unsure if there is any romance in those as well. I'll be watching Stranger Things myself right now...The horror/thriller should be good enough genre.

On Person of Interest the characters played by Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi were in a relationship.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Kopogero said:
    Silicon Valley hands down funniest show currently on TV. Always feel shorted though as they only have ten 30 min episodes a year.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited July 2016
    meh
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    edited July 2016
    Some not on your list that i currently enjoy:
    • Stranger Things
    • Wayward Pines
    • Zoo
    • The Last Ship
    Some that have finished now but well worth a look:
    • Falling Skies (5 Seasons)
    • Sanctuary (4 Seasons)
    • Warehouse 13 (5 Seasons)
    • Haven (5 Seasons)
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I'll second what others have already said:
    • Homeland - theres a few fucked up relationships going on, but romance isn't a big part. Still, fascinating show, great characters and storylines. 
    • Warehouse 13 - Its a bit budget but a really good laugh. A nice kind of alternate history type approach. 
    • Mr Robot - I only started watching this recently. Started off as an interesting hacker show but went off the deep end with mental illness stuff. Pretty messed up at times. 
    • Sons of Anarchy - Sadly, the main actor (charlie hunnam) isn't a great actor, but the rest of the cast kicks ass. Fulfils your romance needs whilst including lots of interesting action and drama. 

Some other things I'd recommend:

• The West Wing - 7 seasons of political drama. Some romance, lots of politics, great drama and some really touching storylines. Finishes well, all seasons are worthwhile. Kicks the shit out of house of cards. 
    • Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Only a single series, 24 episodes. Is about the production of a late night comedy show, starring Matt Perry. Really funny, great dialogue. 
    • The Newsroom - 3 series (tho 3rd is only 6 eps). Behind the scenes look at a newroom, starring Jeff Daniels. 
    The above 3 series were all written by Aaron Sorkin, who also wrote the screenplay for "The Social Network". He's my favourite TV writer, his dialogue is an order of magnitude better than everyone else out there in my opinion. Fast paced, intelligent, funny, hard-hitting....if he ever adds sci-fi to any of his shows, he'd blow Joss Whedon out of the water. Joss may be good, but Aaron is better. By far. 

• Sense8 - Think Netflix exclusive and only 1 season so far, this series astonished me. Its not really about a strong storyline as such, its 8 people who become psychicly linked and can share memories, emotions and take over each others bodies. Just full of really beautiful moments. Not normally my sort of thing, but this was done really well (includes a lot of romance).
    • Arrested Development - 4 seasons of comedy, pretty much launched Jason Bateman and Michael Cera's careers. Some very funny moments, particularly from David Cross
    • Chuck - Another comedy about a geek who becomes an unwilling spy. Lots of comedy, light-hearted but has romance for you. Some fun action in it, good cast (Adam Baldwin ftw!) and quality doesn't drop too much over time. 
    • Z-Nation - Only 1 season on netflix, I still can't tell whether it is just really low budget or a comedy (or both) but its a slightly different take on the zombie apocalypse, has some fun moments in it. 

On a side note, I fucking love Vikings! One of the best shows I've seen in years, love the sets, the cast, the stories etc. So much so that after watching the first season, I decided to grow my hair like the main character Ragnor Lothbrok. I now have big beard, undercuts and a pony tail to my shoulders, so looking a bit more like Bjorn Ironside than Ragnor at the moment, but its going to take a few more years to get the length. Can't wait for the second half of season 4!
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Here's a few more i forgot to mention earlier:
    • Colony
    • Legends of Tomorrow
    • Shadowhunters
    • Sleepy Hollow
    • Hemlock Grove (3 Seasons)