Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pokemon GO

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,351
No pokemon go article yet? That's pretty surprising and it's an interesting take on Massively Multiplayer.

Just today, I went to my downtown. I live in a city of roughly 150,000 people. and there were about 30 people in the park I went to playing and catching the same pokemon as me. Someone purchased a Lure and everyone there was the feeding frenzy. We all knew of the same guy who was conquering the gyms in the area, and we argued about whose team was better (red, blue, yellow). We even met people and made a friend or two. This was all at 11:30-1am at night.

This was not what I was expecting, I was expecting that people would wonder what the hell we were up to. Could not have been more surprised. Augmented Reality MMO, we could be on to something...
Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,732
    JDis25 said:
    No pokemon go article yet? That's pretty surprising and it's an interesting take on Massively Multiplayer.

    Just today, I went to my downtown. I live in a city of roughly 150,000 people. and there were about 30 people in the park I went to playing and catching the same pokemon as me. Someone purchased a Lure and everyone there was the feeding frenzy. We all knew of the same guy who was conquering the gyms in the area, and we argued about whose team was better (red, blue, yellow). We even met people and made a friend or two. This was all at 11:30-1am at night.

    This was not what I was expecting, I was expecting that people would wonder what the hell we were up to. Could not have been more surprised. Augmented Reality MMO, we could be on to something...
    There is an article up, and this is not the first game of its kind.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,351
    edited July 2016
    Tiller said:
    JDis25 said:
    No pokemon go article yet? That's pretty surprising and it's an interesting take on Massively Multiplayer.

    Just today, I went to my downtown. I live in a city of roughly 150,000 people. and there were about 30 people in the park I went to playing and catching the same pokemon as me. Someone purchased a Lure and everyone there was the feeding frenzy. We all knew of the same guy who was conquering the gyms in the area, and we argued about whose team was better (red, blue, yellow). We even met people and made a friend or two. This was all at 11:30-1am at night.

    This was not what I was expecting, I was expecting that people would wonder what the hell we were up to. Could not have been more surprised. Augmented Reality MMO, we could be on to something...
    There is an article up, and this is not the first game of its kind.
    I know it's not the first, but in a small town, meeting a bunch of people late at night outdoors regarding a video game, that's something I don't think happens too often in America at least. I was honestly so surprised this got so popular. Idk if it will stay this popular, but that was a new experience for me and I am sure I am not the only one.

    The article is also not very advertised then, I don't see it anywhere on the main page.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 221
    And which town is that?
    Do tell if its somewhere with less trees and more dust.If it's not, then i guess its normal.

    beLIEve

  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,487
    JDis25 said:
    Tiller said:
    JDis25 said:
    No pokemon go article yet? That's pretty surprising and it's an interesting take on Massively Multiplayer.

    Just today, I went to my downtown. I live in a city of roughly 150,000 people. and there were about 30 people in the park I went to playing and catching the same pokemon as me. Someone purchased a Lure and everyone there was the feeding frenzy. We all knew of the same guy who was conquering the gyms in the area, and we argued about whose team was better (red, blue, yellow). We even met people and made a friend or two. This was all at 11:30-1am at night.

    This was not what I was expecting, I was expecting that people would wonder what the hell we were up to. Could not have been more surprised. Augmented Reality MMO, we could be on to something...
    There is an article up, and this is not the first game of its kind.
    I know it's not the first, but in a small town, meeting a bunch of people late at night outdoors regarding a video game, that's something I don't think happens too often in America at least. I was honestly so surprised this got so popular. Idk if it will stay this popular, but that was a new experience for me and I am sure I am not the only one.

    The article is also not very advertised then, I don't see it anywhere on the main page.
    hThats great you have a positive experience!! glad you're having fun with the game
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,017
    I live in a desert area, so I guess that qualifies as less trees, less water and a hell of a lot of dust.

Sign In or Register to comment.