Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horse Breeding

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
After my harrowing (exaggeration here) experience of trying to tame horses near purple mobs ,near Florin I have gotten a grand total of two horses. Both male of course. I climbed up very high and was rewarded by lead nodes hooray but upon realising I need 1000 quickly felt deflated for my ferry. The reason I picked this area was because horses get stuck rather easily here due to the small and rocky terrain. I did the feed sugar cube thing but it did not work until I followed the lapse of 45 seconds advice. I got one tier 1 and one tier 2.

Yesterday I managed to score a female tier 2 and together with my package deal of one tier 3 horse I have 4 horses. Initially I had no intention of breeding like everything in Black Desert I got roped (pun intended) in. 

I just want for now just tier 4 horses. 

What level do you think I should level these horses to enable me to get the Tier 4 please.
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited July 2016
    cheyane said:
    After my harrowing (exaggeration here) experience of trying to tame horses near purple mobs ,near Florin I have gotten a grand total of two horses. Both male of course. I climbed up very high and was rewarded by lead nodes hooray but upon realising I need 1000 quickly felt deflated for my ferry. The reason I picked this area was because horses get stuck rather easily here due to the small and rocky terrain. I did the feed sugar cube thing but it did not work until I followed the lapse of 45 seconds advice. I got one tier 1 and one tier 2.

Yesterday I managed to score a female tier 2 and together with my package deal of one tier 3 horse I have 4 horses. Initially I had no intention of breeding like everything in Black Desert I got roped (pun intended) in. 

I just want for now just tier 4 horses. 

What level do you think I should level these horses to enable me to get the Tier 4 please.
    You can check the possible outcomes here: http://www.blackd.de/horse/
    Get them both to level 30, and you're almost guaranteed to get a T4 or T5 from that pair you listed (T3 & T2). :chuffed:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Level 30 huh okay well I'm doing trade runs so I will just hook two of them to my wagon. Thanks.
    Chamber of Chains
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Yep you can also afk ride them when you're not playing by using the auto-loop feature.  You just set an auto-path and then click on "auto-loop".  You will run (or in this case, ride) to the destination and turn around and come back.  Easy way to get miles on horses.
    edited July 2016
    Can people attack your horse even if you are not yet PvP enabled. I was never worried with my donkey but this worries me obviously now that I am a horse owner with  horses that can breed and death counts against the chances of a good offspring.  Also I am worried about my wagons too can they attack my wagon while I'm carrying things from one town to another before I am level 45 or are my horses and wagons all vulnerable to attack by others irrespective of my level.

I tried killing those  mine imps for the green crystals but after I slaughtered them twice all of them from the tiny cave to the entrance I only managed to get two crystals.Surely this cannot be the only way to get crystals. Mining for rough stones is tedious. I need them for every special sunflower crate I make.
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Check http://http//www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/#!/ for all your gathering needs...best is to connect to the node you need and send a worker over to mine for you.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I leveled both my T5 horses to 30, bred them and got a worse T5 horse. Then I traded them in together and got the exact same worse T5 horse....
    cheyane said:
    Can people attack your horse even if you are not yet PvP enabled. I was never worried with my donkey but this worries me obviously now that I am a horse owner with  horses that can breed and death counts against the chances of a good offspring.  Also I am worried about my wagons too can they attack my wagon while I'm carrying things from one town to another before I am level 45 or are my horses and wagons all vulnerable to attack by others irrespective of my level.

I tried killing those  mine imps for the green crystals but after I slaughtered them twice all of them from the tiny cave to the entrance I only managed to get two crystals.Surely this cannot be the only way to get crystals. Mining for rough stones is tedious. I need them for every special sunflower crate I make.
    No, if you are not PvP enabled, they can't. It's also important to note that even when you are 45+... while they CAN kill your horse, it won't actually get a death counter from being butchered by some random player. Only mobs and the environment (avoid rivers and cliffs at all costs! :open_mouth: ) can give the horse deaths. :)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

cheyane said:

Yeah people can't kill your horse until your 45.  Even then it's rare cause they lose Karma for it.  I haven't had mine killed yet.

Not sure what crystals you mean?  Horse training ones?  Don't know much about those.

One word of warning- I've read people get frustrated with horse breeding.  It's apparently rarely profitible and can cause a lot of frustration with the rng.  So be warned about it before getting really into it.

Rough stones are hard to get because they can only be mined by players.  They are also used for polished stones to repair in node wars- this is why there are never any for sale on the marketplace.
    Rough stones are hard to get because they can only be mined by players.  They are also used for polished stones to repair in node wars- this is why there are never any for sale on the marketplace.
    On top of that, they are also used to make blackstone powder. Which you need for just about every craftable item in the game. Even your damn furniture sometimes. xD

Yes that is why I am trying to get blackstone powder from crystals instead because I have to mine for rough stones and use a refinery to get one for each crate I make. So the more sunflowers I produce the more time I am spending mining. I will go slaughter more imps I guess for crystals to grind. 

I prefer doing trading to afk fishing and I actually enjoy the combat but the spectre of level 45 is looming ahead . I recall once in a  thread DMKano said people suicided themselves to prevent from getting to level 45 which seemed rather drastic. I won't go and harass anyone from any high level areas so I think even if I get killed a few times I am fine with that. I generally doubt I can PvP since I am not interested in my gear at all since I just play the game for the other stuff. I don't belong to any guild either but I have had people group with me and help me in the game. 

I found a lot of good people in the game and I am surprised (touch wood ) that the folk are not the usual toxic PvP type you come across with the foul channel bickering. People even go out of their way to come and assist you to acquire nodes. I am happy to report I have changed my mind about PvP games having nasty people. This game seems to have attracted helpful people that answer questions and come out to help and don't mind chatting even if you lose energy when talking.

As for the horses it's that dastardly RNG thingy that causes the horse results. I know I could fail miserably at my attempts and since you have a rather huge comittment of time in  training it must be very salty indeed. I will try to keep my hopes low. 

I was the person that camped for three months every day to get the shiny metallic robe from the magi in Guk and never got it even once. So I am used to disappointment and the cruelty of the RNG. Someone would join the group and half an hour later walk away with the robe it become a running joke on our server. Don't worry I won't be bitter and come back and rant.
    Chamber of Chains
  • XxPriestxXXxPriestxX Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I liked my shiny robe. Got it my first time out, made lots of people mad lol!
    Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D
    edited July 2016
    "I prefer doing trading to afk fishing and I actually enjoy the combat but the spectre of level 45 is looming ahead . I recall once in a  thread DMKano said people suicided themselves to prevent from getting to level 45 which seemed rather drastic."

It's true some people did do that, but I don't think anybody does it anymore.  There is far less ganking going on since they removed the xp penalty when you die in PVP.

People complain about that change but I think it's the best change Daum has made.  It allowed me to level past 45 confidently even though I started late.

They probably saw that people were suiciding and there was a lot of talk of wanting a PVE server, so Daum came up with the idea of removing the xp penalty.  And it's worked.  People aren't suiciding, people aren't demanding a PVE server anymore.

Some people say "Well that removed all reason to PVP".  Trust me, people do not need a reason to gank you.  Ganking still happens, but at least it doesn't cause you to lose progress anymore, and you can fight back if you want by going and killstealing their mobs.

Anyway, bottomline: Don't worry about getting pvp enabled.  Most people will leave you alone and if they don't, dying is just a minor inconvenience now.
    edited July 2016
    Despite having 4 alts I am totally out of energy so am taking a break for a couple of days. I have been playing too much any way ...way ,way too much and neglecting other stuff. I blew my energy rolling for better workers but in spite of using 63 energy I got a green worker. I was lucky I got an artisan once though in Heidel first roll. I also blew it on gathering rough stones and other quests trying to get more contribution points up 110 now and especially bargaining on my trade runs. I get about 600k every 21 crates of special sunflowers I sell and its a good profit. Well back to some of my Korean drama and my neglected Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original sin.

I have so many plans. I want to make furniture ,the merchant wagon, the ferry and also decorate my house and get my nodes connected.  I got the lead node with my Valkyrie she can slaughter red mobs easily and I was able to get it and got my worker on it. My witch I cannot play her well, I am always missing the aim and wasting the attack while trying to avoid the mobs attacks. The Ranger and Valkyrie are easiest for me with the Tamer third . Glad I got the game. 
    Chamber of Chains