Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Austin Office

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
edited July 2016 in Star Citizen

A personal salutation to the great CIG Austin team !! All 41 of them :-D

Not bad for a CIG office that some people adamantly claimed to be shutting down in October 2015 based on authentic insider info ;-)

Thank you to all team members !

What do you people think about the Austin guys and gals and their overall role (engineering, game support, QA etc.) in the Star Citizen project ? Erin Roberts has reorganized the tasks across the various CIG studios in 2015 - I think that has improved SC development.

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on

Comments

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Which one of those people are you in that picture? I'm just curious.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    edited July 2016
    Idk see how the OP's post would lead to any sort of discussion. There are no questions asked, information sought, or new information provided. It seems more suitable to his/her own facebook/twitter feed or the SC subreddit/forums than the MMORPG.com forums.

Or in reality it's simply this poster continuing to beat the same dead horse day in and day out. 

Have fun

Steam: Neph

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Idk see how the OP's post would lead to any sort of discussion. There are no questions asked, information sought, or new information provided. It seems more suitable to his/her own facebook/twitter feed or the SC subreddit/forums than the MMORPG.com forums.

Or in reality it's simply this poster continuing to beat the same dead horse day in and day out. 

Have fun
    what? that doesnt make any sense

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Have fun
    Have you read half the post on this site.  Most do not meet your qualifications.

"10 years since I have paid for a game" for the win.
  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I imagine a caption saying "Hah!  Suckers!"  when i see this photo.

Have fun
    Haroo!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    donger56 said:
    I am in AUSTria, not AUSTin ;-)

Have fun
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    He's the wrascaly wabbit
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I always imagined he worked for one of those sites that pay people to post in forums.  But that's just my imagination. :)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    We have a new wabbit swayer

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

I always imagined he worked for one of those sites that pay people to post in forums.  But that's just my imagination. :)
    I suspect the overall payment level in Austria does not make it a good place for such companies. I estimate that even our unemployed here , heck, even the newly arrived Syrian refugees get paid more than those sweat shop posters. 

Have fun
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Erillion said:
    I suspect the overall payment level in Austria does not make it a good place for such companies. I estimate that even our unemployed here , heck, even the newly arrived Syrian refugees get paid more than those sweat shop posters. 

Have fun
    Ah, so just a number one fan.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    donger56 said:
    He's the one taking the picture ;)
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Those people with the jackets must work in the server room because it's ninety fucking nine degrees here today... 97 in the shade... with 45% humidity.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Have fun
    What are you even saying?
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    H0urg1ass said:
    Those people with the jackets must work in the server room because it's ninety fucking nine degrees here today... 97 in the shade... with 45% humidity.

And 45% humidity is actually pretty good for this time of year.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    H0urg1ass said:
    I don't have central air in my current rental, but we bought a few of those large Honeywell AC units that vent out of the window and they're keeping the house pretty cool thankfully. I don't pay utilities, so I'm going to make them regret skimping on an AC unit lol. 
    Tour of the Austin Office starting at Timestamp 5:10

For a "skeleton crew" in a supposedly "closed" studio they are looking quite lively and numerous.

Have fun

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Erillion said:

A personal salutation to the great CIG Austin team !! All 41 of them :-D

Not bad for a CIG office that some people adamantly claimed to be shutting down in October 2015 based on authentic insider info ;-)

Thank you to all team members !

What do you people think about the Austin guys and gals and their overall role (engineering, game support, QA etc.) in the Star Citizen project ? Erin Roberts has reorganized the tasks across the various CIG studios in 2015 - I think that has improved SC development.

Have fun

Sorry, your agenda was so loud, I couldn't hear what you were saying.
    Glad to repeat: ;-)

I like the work coming out of the CIG Austin studio, especially the grimy, "lived-in" feel of the pirate base and the new patcher which will drastically reduce download size.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Glad to repeat: ;-)

I like the work coming out of the CIG Austin studio, especially the grimy, "lived-in" feel of the pirate base and the new patcher which will drastically reduce download size.

Have fun
    Oh, that's good, for a second there, I almost got the impression you were shoving shite in people's noses........glad it was my mistake.
    .glad it was my mistake.
    "Self-awareness is the first step to improvement"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansei

Have fun

Erillion said:
    .glad it was my mistake.
    "Self-awareness is the first step to improvement"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansei

Have fun

Indeed
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Have funnnnnnnnnnn! 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    H0urg1ass said:
    Well spotted !

Just further proof of how CIG is wasting backers' money, that aircon is obviously set way too low !

Wait... why do they even need aircon ?

:D
    edited July 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    Well spotted !

Just further proof of how CIG is wasting backers' money, that aircon is obviously set way too low !

Wait... why do they even need aircon ?

:D
    Especially when just con will do..........I mean......airconditioning.........needed to clear that up before someone thinks I was referring to a different kind of con job....I mean system.