Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review in Progress - The Right Game at the Right Time

2»

Comments

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Strikes me as odd that you panned Blade and Soul hard for being a typical themepark. But this one gets a pass. Is capturing mounts that much of a difference?
     I honestly like it quite a bit more than Blade and Soul, so far. It's been a pretty nice break from BDO also.  It has a certain appeal that I find fun. While the quest grind is typical, the capturing of the mounts, with being able to run around and do combat on them as well, seems to make me forget about the quest part. I'm more interested in the features and content that haven't been added yet, like pvpve battlegrounds. 
  • kazeenkazeen Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I only started a couple days ago.
    So far i am enjoying it. It is a nice break from the BDO grind.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    utterly generic game. I can find many other things to do with my life than play a crap game simply because there aren't any other crap games I feel like logging into.
  • LimitationsLimitations Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I wasn't impressed with the game, will keep trying to see if it changes though...

Who said this won't be perfect after all we know what is right
    And the sounds of bodies clashing is enough to make them cry.
    You know this cannot be perfect even when it is feeling right.
    And the sound of bodies crashing echo through the night.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I haven't played it yet, but my "gut feeling" is that it's yet another clone of a clone that can only be "right" if you're desperate for a good MMO - and you have the ability to be in denial about how average a game is - for an extended period of time.

I could be 100% wrong - but that's what my gut is telling me.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    People seem surprisingly accepting of "mostly average" when such a game should be roundly panned.

Must be the drought making them desperate, best of times indeed.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tenfootgoatman123tenfootgoatman123 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I was mildly interested in this game until I heard it had factionless pvp . My experience in that past is that those type of games are free for all gank boxes with huge impersonal guilds . Its not something I want to invest any time in again myself but good luck to it anyway and hope all the people that play it enjoy it . 
  • buscaabuscaa Member UncommonPosts: 4
    For me game is trash next
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Do Koreans have some drag'n'drop MMO maker template or something? It's unbelievable that there's yet another game of this quality - and even from the first moments it's evident that they couldn't be bothered to even try a little. The actual WASD movement is clunky! wtf, how do you even do that? Everything just reeks of halfassness, which is why I'm wondering if they have RPGmaker the MMO version or something because there's no way Korean game devs can consistently make such drek.

I think what bothers me most, is that it's a game concept that I would like to play - monster hunter/pokemount collector, but why is it done so poorly? Same thing with Dragon's Prophet, another game with a good premise, but utterly terrible execution.

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Strikes me as odd that you panned Blade and Soul hard for being a typical themepark. But this one gets a pass. Is capturing mounts that much of a difference?
    Should it not be? 

How many times in a game have you thought 'damn, that would make a awesome looking mount' but the game never lets you. Well this game lets you... very few do and its really not typical to see mmos allow you to.

Also seamless ground to mount to air combat isnt typical feature you see in a mmo and its done pretty well, there is no juggling around with different weapons, its all smooth transition between them.