Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If MMORPG.com integrity matters to you...

1235»

Comments

• JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    LOL

:)
    Haroo!
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Well, I must admit after this thread and from the big response by this super lovely and friendly community my score did indeed jump up by a freaking 1 point, from 291 to 292...and "LOL" indeed to some purple ranked individuals around here like @DMKano or @Blueturtle13 who claim how the ranking is so meaningless and irrelevant.

Truth is we do this mainly because we enjoy doing it, to be part of these forums and like in every other thing we like doing when there is some additional "ranking" system in place most would care about it, especially if they've achieved high rank that separates them from the rest, but sadly the nature and way of this current ranking system, makes the whole experience more negative than positive.

The best example is the fact that some of these high ranked individuals who claim and lie to themselves how the ranking system is so meaningless and irrelevant to them I bet they wouldn't be able to prove that to the community and actually start with fresh, new accounts that they would be using here for at least few months to actually make a point.

Bottom line, because I find the ranking system in place very inaccurate in rewarding all individuals fairly who actually make a difference and make these forums far more interesting and simply a better place than they already are it's why I've avoided clicking on the bait buttons that it offers just like youtube, facebook and any other $ hungry company in the past.

IMO, it's a negative feature and I dislike it, the way its designed because I don't see it as the future for forum formats just like I don't see many game designs as the future for gaming as well. Regardless, it is what it is and its very nature of ranking is the exact reason why to many its meaningless and indeed not important.

Example, with my facebook I treat all my contacts equally, so I purposely don't use the like button because I like to treat all my contacts equally and if I clicked "like" to some, and not being able to click "like" to everyone else I would have created a preference among my friends, a display that I want something out of them by giving them a special treatment and attention. I would also create addiction or expectation, an image of myself where they would get used to receive those likes, which would only make me look worse if one day those likes stopped showing on their profiles.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Kopogero said:
    Well, I must admit after this thread and from the big response by this super lovely and friendly community my score did indeed jump up by a freaking 1 point, from 291 to 292...and "LOL" indeed to some purple ranked individuals around here like @DMKano or @Blueturtle13 who claim how the ranking is so meaningless and irrelevant.

Truth is we do this mainly because we enjoy doing it, to be part of these forums and like in every other thing we like doing when there is some additional "ranking" system in place most would care about it, especially if they've achieved high rank that separates them from the rest, but sadly the nature and way of this current ranking system, makes the whole experience more negative than positive.

The best example is the fact that some of these high ranked individuals who claim and lie to themselves how the ranking system is so meaningless and irrelevant to them I bet they wouldn't be able to prove that to the community and actually start with fresh, new accounts that they would be using here for at least few months to actually make a point.

Bottom line, because I find the ranking system in place very inaccurate in rewarding all individuals fairly who actually make a difference and make these forums far more interesting and simply a better place than they already are it's why I've avoided clicking on the bait buttons that it offers just like youtube, facebook and any other $ hungry company in the past.

IMO, it's a negative feature and I dislike it, the way its designed because I don't see it as the future for forum formats just like I don't see many game designs as the future for gaming as well. Regardless, it is what it is and its very nature of ranking is the exact reason why to many its meaningless and indeed not important.

Example, with my facebook I treat all my contacts equally, so I purposely don't use the like button because I like to treat all my contacts equally and if I clicked "like" to some, and not being able to click "like" to everyone else I would have created a preference among my friends, a display that I want something out of them by giving them a special treatment and attention. I would also create addiction or expectation, an image of myself where they would get used to receive those likes, which would only make me look worse if one day those likes stopped showing on their profiles.

You really over think these things, and are far too concerned about the "fairness" of a simple like or agree tag.

But here's a black hat theory I have, it seems the site rewards you (up to a limit) for tagging other posts so since you never do it perhaps that is why your point count is so low?

I can't prove it of course, just something I think I've observed.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    @Kopogero, you asked to be pointed out how some of your threads are redundant...

A thread about you spending money
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/452533/without-a-single-product-to-spend-my-on#latest

A thread about you spending money
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/452864/it-will-be-hard-not-to-buy-legion-expansion-in-two-months/p1

A thread where you ask about spending money
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/451070/100-to-spend-by-end-of-this-week#latest

A thread about you bragging about not spending money
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/449927/thanks-to-f2p-games#latest

A thread about not spending money
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/447717/will-i-make-it-to-6-years/p1

A thread about spending money
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/451567/in-the-upcoming-three-months#latest

That was all within just a few clicks on your profile page. It gets a bit tiring reading about how you spend your money, or choose not to spend your money. Especially when you are doing a count up and a count down. "up to 5 years without spending money on a non WoW game. NEXT THREAD: Up to 6 years of spending money only on WoW games. NEXT THREAD: In 3 months Legion will be out... Will I spend money on it? NEXT THREAD: Legion is out in 2 and a half months, is this the cycle breaker I spend money on???"

Again, I am not even trying to bash you. You just asked for someone to look it up, I complied. Took less than 10 minutes including pasting and typing here. Easy. Do I get purple status for this or naw?
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    OK. I think this thread has run its course.
This discussion has been closed.