Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO RP Community

ompgamingompgaming Member UncommonPosts: 188
I am looking for a new MMORPG to RP in, preferably a fantasy setting, and am curious if there is a collected RP community for LOTRO and how I could find them either ingame or via guild forums, etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

Above all else... never ever piss off the penguin.

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    The only official rp server in the whole game.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?539-Laurelin-EN-RP

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Go to the Official Forums, there's an RP section plus they have individual forums for the servers.  

You'd want either Laurelin (in Europe and is the RP 'mando' server, make sure you read it's rules first) or Landervol (in US.  It's the RP-recommended server.  Not as hardcore, has both RP and non-RP players on it.).  Go to the Guilds section of the forum and see what suits you.

In game watch for the 'RP' tag above the characters heads and ask them, once in awhile you might also get lucky and be in the right place and see an 'advert' show up on your message box.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• ompgamingompgaming Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Thank you both for the information!

Above all else... never ever piss off the penguin.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    I used to play on Landroval in the Lonely Mountain Band in LotRO years ago. Not sure if it's changed, but the strong RP community was one of the best parts of the game back then.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited July 2016
    The only official rp server in the whole game.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?539-Laurelin-EN-RP
    Actually, that's not correct (unless you stick to english) :wink:
    There were 3 official (and 1 unofficial) RP servers until a few months ago, when Estel was closed, though Sirannon took them in, so we could say Sirannon is now the unofficial RP server for frenchies.
    Belegaer is the official german RP server, with the same rules Laurelin has. After the character transfers from the closing servers those two received quite an influx of non-RP players, maybe that's why turtle don't really notice the difference between RP and regular servers. Those two have now a bit less, while as Torval wrote, most regular servers also have strong RP communities, so the "gap" between RP and regular closed a bit.

Still, if you want to meet the "hardcore" roleplay kinships and play the events @ompgaming, those are the easiest servers to look around: US timezones Landroval, EU timezones Laurelin (or Belegaer if you play german :wink:  but it worths to roll a character there even if you don't, some really good concerts used to happen there).
    While Landy is only "roleplay-encouraged" server by the letter, it used to have the largest roleplay events in LotRO, like Weatherstock (organised by Cyrael-mentioned LMB)
  • jimbobfurleyjimbobfurley Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I have been on Landroval since early 2011, and have been a part of many heavy / medium level RP kins for elves, dwarves, and humans.  I would definitely say that the RP scene on Landy is nowhere near what it used to be.  Freeform RP at the 'Pony has disappeared, and the number of RP kins are greatly reduced.  I do think your best bet for RP on LOTRO, plain and simple, is the Laurelin server, not Landroval, at this point.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited September 2016
    Well, since there's no news piece of it ( :waving:  @SBFord ), and this thread was already bumped up by jimbob mentioning Laurelin, I just use this thread instead of starting a new one :lol:

- Farmers Faire is on, since a few days now. Has the usual hobbit-themed activities around food and fishing and chicken chasing. With the new cosmetics for this year Turbine nicely trolled all those who complained about blanket horses, called them "tablecloth", well, they gave us real tablecloth horse this time  :wink:

with a matching cloak:

- Harnkegger games is happening on this week, Laurelin server. It's an annual event, with tons of different races (and on a sidenote with cca. $150 worth of rewards in form of TP codes. But of course we race for the fun).
    Cordovan is there as a Camera-man (--> a race of Man character, called Camera :lol: ) and streaming the races, the video links are in the official thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?646242-The-Harnkegger-Games-on-LOTROstream!
    Change from last year, a couple activities now have a competitor limit, for keeping the run in a bearable timeframe - for example yesterday's Fire Run Jump had a limit of 20 competitors, opposed to the crowd of last year:

(it may even fit to the other thread about large raids :lol: )

- also worths to mention, there's an update today, which will open up the transfers everywhere, not just transferring off from the closed servers. A guide was posted https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/lotro-world-transfer-guide  the best part is maybe that item transfer will be free, so you can move around wardrobe or shared storage items over servers.
    Names will get a simple login time check, so from now on the characters left behind for gathering dust more than a year, may lose their names.

-----
    edit: the Games are over (dwarves won... yet again), there's the stream video collection on here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8-eNYOqZmMTFf2qw87OjFjFG50yJ6HB
    Sparring had some fun moments, sneaky disappearing hobbits, skirmish soldier usage, some very fast matches (a few seconds), but my favourite was the Angler master Ponso, with feign death - on a spar :lol:
    Also, this Saturday there will be the event-closing ceremony, with raffle away plenty of in-game prizes among the participants, so if you want some goodies, just simply show up at the inn. I think there will be free drinks too, but don't take my word for it :lol:
    http://harnkeggergames.simplesite.com/427084741   <- the list of the raffle rewards.
    Post edited by Po_gg on