Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardware/Software stocks

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
Does anyone here invest/trade in hardware/game software company stocks? If so, which ones and how much do you own? Have you many any profits?

Wish I would have thought to invest in Blizzard when I first heard of WoW. Back then they were ~$3 a stock, now they're around $40.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    I'm sure I've got something or other as part of index funds, but I don't try to pick particular stocks.  That's a fool's errand unless you've got the time to do it as a full time job--because you're competing against people who do.
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I wouldn't want to trade daily, more looking to invest in stuff over a longer period, which I don't think is that big of an issue. For companies that have been on the rise for years maybe with occasional short lived dips, I don't think it's such a bad idea.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    jusomdude said:
    For companies that have been on the rise for years maybe with occasional short lived dips, I don't think it's such a bad idea.
    That is the trick, isn't it.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I wouldn't suggest investing in game company stocks. They have low profit margins and the dividends are not so great. Hardware companies can be a bit volatile and take a bit of research.