Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Dislike The Most?

124»

Comments

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Mob info thing is a stupid gimmick that neither adds or detracts from gameplay in any way. It takes little to no effort to gain this "knowledge" and you don't even notice it anyway.
    Of all the massive amount of gimmicks this game is made up of, the RNG bothered me the most.
    One time I had two guildies spending 2 days farming for ogre rings. They has a good rotation down and were getting soiled rings, but no ogre rings. Another guild started to troll them a little so I went over to help them out, I killed 1 ogre and a ring dropped, not a soiled one either. They were so salty. They left the guild a few days later and I think that might have been one of the reasons why.
    So yeah, the RNG is just bad.
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    LIOKI said:
    Mob info thing is a stupid gimmick that neither adds or detracts from gameplay in any way. It takes little to no effort to gain this "knowledge" and you don't even notice it anyway.
    Of all the massive amount of gimmicks this game is made up of, the RNG bothered me the most.
    One time I had two guildies spending 2 days farming for ogre rings. They has a good rotation down and were getting soiled rings, but no ogre rings. Another guild started to troll them a little so I went over to help them out, I killed 1 ogre and a ring dropped, not a soiled one either. They were so salty. They left the guild a few days later and I think that might have been one of the reasons why.
    So yeah, the RNG is just bad.
    Drops being dominated by RNG is not a new mechanic, so it's really hard to fault BDO over that specifically. More relevant to this game specifically are, for example, black stone upgrades, or horse breeding results, or the randomness of base stats for players. THOSE are the areas where the RNG becomes just insufferable. 
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    That was only one example. RNG Drops are not new, but they are somehow made more unforgiving when amplified by the RNG aspects you listed. Upgrading armor to yellow for example. People I played with spent hundreds of stones and failed, while others would succeed on 2-3 stones. The RNG is way out to lunch.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    goboygo said:
    I think someone like your brother may have grown up in a time where people have access to information about anything and everything at their fingertips, there are no "mystery's"  no unknowns.  People are scared and intimidated by things these days when they cant "google" the info.  

Figuring things out for yourself by doing something and learning and with patients is kind of a lost human attribute.

I think not having access to mobs when you first encounter them and having to go through the process of discovery is an awesome feature.  I would love to see more MMO's doing this.

I was thinking the same thing about growing up in the age of google. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ZArmiZZArmiZ Member UncommonPosts: 27
    The comunity its UBER-Toxic havent seen something like this in a long time :)

Full tower PC