Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are delays helping Star Citizen?

1235»

Comments

• ShinimasShinimas Member UncommonPosts: 67
    SEANMCAD said:
    Shinimas said:
    So... if SQ42 is never released, will you concede it was all a failure? You're saying that game is the one that was promised...
    from my understanding Destiny took 10 years to develop. Now I think that is a bunch of marketing bullshit but never the less, you have a long wait before its unreasonably long
    I really can't agree with this reasoning. So how long should SC take? 20 years, 30 years? If it takes this long, it's just silly. A singular project of any kind shouldn't be undertaken if it can't be completed in a reasonable time frame.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited July 2016
    Shodanas said:
    You're comparing us backers as in people who have invested their money and play the alpha's with individuals who have no interest in the project and no access to it. Individuals who started hating the moment the SC section on MMORPG went live.

As a backer you should know where we are coming from. It is normal to defend something you have invested in and are following it's creation on a weakly basis from day 1. After all, you are a backer are you not ?

Your last phrase answers this question.

As if it's all one or the other. I am all for defending but only when it comes to misinformation, nothing irritates me more than people spreading misinformation because it's either lazy or it's vindictive.

What you seem to forget is that so much of this game remains unknown and yet it is being sold as though it is known. As gamers we condemn this elsewhere in the industry but for some reason we're just meant to accept it here?
    We're 4+ years into this, they've raised almost one hundred and twenty million dollars... people expect better, especially from the much idolated Chris Roberts who has surrounded himself with vets of the industry, and they're not getting better, so of course questions, concerns and scepticism are going to be rife.

The fact that I am a backer is irrelevant, this is not about faith. The only thing that matters to me is am I being satisfied as a customer, do I feel that these guys are being straight with me when trying to get me to open my wallet. CIG do not pass the test, they've done a number of dubious things that I put down to partial incompetence and partial malevolence.

If you trust someone and they lie to you, you would be a fool to trust them again.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Shodanas said:
    You're comparing us backers as in people who have invested their money and play the alpha's with individuals who have no interest in the project and no access to it. Individuals who started hating the moment the SC section on MMORPG went live.

As a backer you should know where we are coming from. It is normal to defend something you have invested in and are following it's creation on a weakly basis from day 1. After all, you are a backer are you not ?

Your last phrase answers this question.

As if it's all one or the other. I am all for defending but only when it comes to misinformation, nothing irritates me more than people spreading misinformation because it's either lazy or it's vindictive.

What you seem to forget is that so much of this game remains unknown and yet it is being sold as though it is known. As gamers we condemn this elsewhere in the industry but for some reason we're just meant to accept it here?
    We're 4+ years into this, they've raised almost one hundred and twenty million dollars... people expect better, especially from the much idolated Chris Roberts who has surrounded himself with vets of the industry, and they're not getting better, so of course questions, concerns and scepticism are going to be rife.

The fact that I am a backer is irrelevant, this is not about faith. The only thing that matters to me is am I being satisfied as a customer, do I feel that these guys are being straight with me when trying to get me to open my wallet. CIG do not pass the test, they've done a number of dubious things that I put down to partial incompetence and partial malevolence.

If you trust someone and they lie to you, you would be a fool to trust them again.

I can at least appreciate someone such as yourself using facts or commonly-accepted information to construct an intelligent and informed opinion. What I find funny are those who are clearly mis-informed who make outlandish arguments rooted in what I can only describe as fantasy. At least I feel like at least I could sit down and have an intelligent debate with you. I think that's what is most constructive.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Destiny took 10 years to create

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    CrazKanuk said:
    What I find funny are those who are clearly mis-informed who make outlandish arguments rooted in what I can only describe as fantasy. At least I feel like at least I could sit down and have an intelligent debate with you. I think that's what is most constructive.
    And anyone with a minimum level of reading comprehension can check by themselves looking into this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20121015042706/http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
    (this is not fantasy, but the words of the CEO of CIG)

and this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description
    (this is not fantasy, but the words of the CEO of CIG)

Later, CR lying and been deceptive:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14839-Letter-From-The-Chairman
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist
    (these are not fantasies, but the words of the CEO of CIG)

that Squadron 42 and Persistent Universe were the "game-as-described" and no mention of the second been a stretch goal ever existed by that time, or that the beta was supposed to be the beta of Squadron 42 instead the beta of Star Citizen.

In summary, people who claim that "oh, I don't know if CR is a liar or not" are just people uninformed and/or people who refuse to check what is easy to check.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    edited July 2016
    Upon inspection I've decided to leave this thread closed.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.