Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen/CIG Refund Inquiry Response!

124»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    mr1602 said:

Here's a question, are you claiming that if you lodge a Freedom of Information request to FTC, and the letter by FTC has the phrase 'we found no records', it means that there are no FTC investigation?
    I'm just making it very explicit.
    Unless there is a hush hush FBI ops against CIG - which I personally find HIGHLY UNLIKELY, as such authorities have a whole lot of other high threat stuff to investigate - i personally think there was no FTC investigation against CIG/RSI at the time the FTC replied with this letter. And I also think there is no FTC investigation ongoing now against CIG/RSI.

Have fun 
  • jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I doubt that there is a FTC investigation too. FTC, just like FBI have limited resources, so to call their attention for an earlier action (opening an investigation before CIG announcing the development ended or just a MVP released) they would need a lot of complaints. More complaints than even the total number of real backers that CIG have today, which in my study/analysis do not pass from 300/400 thousands.

When people like me or Derek Smart claim that CIG won't escape from a federal investigation is that because we believe that one of the two cases will happen, or CIG close its doors assuming that was unable to complete or they will release a MVP and everything else becoming vaporware or used as a try to get more funds and continue the ponzi-like scheme show.

That's why we continue to alert people so they run to get their refunds. Because when the Feds come will be too late to the customers recover their lost. CIG will havr to answer, but as Hollywood and owners of shady business on the past, Roberts and his major associates know the drill on how to escape with most of the money in their pockets, even that receiveing fines from the government.

We have been making our part for the good of the consumers, crowdfunding and space sim genre, since all them will suffer, but Roberts and co.
    For those who persist on denial, they are hopeless. Actually they could be even happy for what they are getting. But most of people clearly is not (otherwise, they would be playing the game, on the first place) or are each new day losing patience and the excitement for this project.
    It will be very hard to convince them that all is great with an over-delayed MVP, missing tons of features, ehich required to them to swallow a longer time and overhyped features, as well as the comoany's shady and disrespectfull behavior, to the point that the majority of the backers, I have no doubt, would be today or ashamed to be a backer or without any confidence to promote the game to friends. 
    With such bad perception been only fed by the worst attitude of this company as the time passes, the train wreck is a certainty, so as the complaints, so as the Feds coming in the end.
    The obvious, attitude of the company by trying to bring more and more people using constant bait-and-switch and half-trues, as well as trying to milk them more and more as earlier as possible, always focusing more in the sales of game elements that does not exist (because people buy based on their imaginattion instead something more tangible not so good as their imagination , what could make them hold their pockets), demonstrates that they don't care if most of people get burned by a long development road full of issues, misrepresentations and the comoany going back to their words in order to get fresh money of others. Considering that they knew that any project would get stale after a 3 year dev cycle with people following near, and that they are targeted to a niche, it does not make any sense their attitude, unless, they also had realized that their project was FUBAR due how they tied themselves to impossible promisses, due future/possible competition and due bad techincal decisions not compatible with their marketing approach. Rhen, knowing that they are out of hope of succeed make sense that they woyld just pursuit money no matter what and would stay milking for as long as possible regardless the fatal side effects in the medium/long term.
    By habing money suckers like Chris Roberts and Ortwin Freyemurth, who always have the habit to gather money from investors selling the impossible and promissing the world, and never caring wirh anyone but themselves, I am sure that this is the case going on here, since years now.
    They are gathering as more money as they can, pretending to put in the dev of SC, but most of it, is saved to other ventures or personal pockets that won't be necessarily focused to the niche public that they are burning now. 
    They are indeed prime examples of rhe worst kins of Holywood business men and definitely know how to be deceptive, and how to be "honest" when they need.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    If there are 50 ex-backers that gotten a refund I would be surprised lol, the reality is more alike a dozen loudmouths that got banned form the forums for misbehaviour and got angry about it.
    Babuinix said:
    If there are 50 ex-backers that gotten a refund I would be surprised lol, the reality is more alike a dozen loudmouths that got banned form the forums for misbehaviour and got angry about it.
    CIG have been doing a lot of bs for the sake of just 50 ex-backers don't you think? I mean... look to all bad press that they got, just by the chamge of the TOS, to make the refunds to appear harder to get.

Bad press? lol this movie alone has more views than all of that so called "bad press".

CIG is protecting its project from LTI scammers and gre-market abusers. Refunders are a mere dozen black sheeps that drank the derek kool aid lol, they did Star Citizen a favour by getting a refund.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    jcrg99 said:
    Babuinix said:
    CIG have been doing a lot of bs for the sake of just 50 ex-backers don't you think? I mean... look to all bad press that they got, just by the chamge of the TOS, to make the refunds to appear harder to get.

Your perception that there is a lot of bad press is wildly out of phase with reality. YOU think there is an issue and think that because a few Goons show up here throwing shit around regularly that you are correct in your assertion (I would be highly surprised if you were not also a Goon). 

Sorry but your self delusion is being reinforced by a tiny fraction of the gaming community and we all know what tiny fraction that is. 
    jcrg99 said:
    Babuinix said:

Your perception that there is a lot of bad press is wildly out of phase with reality. YOU think there is an issue and think that because a few Goons show up here throwing shit around regularly that you are correct in your assertion (I would be highly surprised if you were not also a Goon). 

Sorry but your self delusion is being reinforced by a tiny fraction of the gaming community and we all know what tiny fraction that is. 
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-06-21-star-citizens-refunds-process-just-got-more-complicated
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-refunds
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-21-star-citizen-terms-of-service-update-makes-it-a-bit-harder-to-get-a-refund
    http://gameranx.com/updates/id/60710/article/star-citizen-terms-of-service-changes-makes-it-difficult-to-refund/

Just to give you a few examples. You probably know that it was reported in a lot of other places than just a Goon forum or here. I don't know about the goons. The first time that I heard this was by the mouth of Ben Lesnick which apparently is so paranoid as you are.
    But well... keep showing the misleading tactics of the die-hard fans to pretend, to hide, to reinvent the history. That certainly helps to prove one of my major points about this "community" that I have been trying to discuss from the beginning and how that would only make more harm than good for Star Citizen as whole.

This subject has been discussed by youtubers etc. None of them were really in favor or ok with the CIG change, which totally contradicts the idea that just a few are asking refunds, becuase CIG never would bother themselves to make such change, to risk the bad press and bad image, just for the sake of a few complainers. Grow up. They are business man. While trying to defend them here, you people are now paiting them as amateur kids which waste time and effort with useless worries.

And finally, just the mention/headline of a company removing a "benefit" or "right" of the consumers, IS bad press, so please, don't try to claim that it wasn't bad press.

Just more publicity to the biggest crowdfunded project in the whole history. Thanks for the free-press I guess. Next stop: 2 million Users & 200$ millions funding.
    Babuinix said:
    Just more publicity to the biggest crowdfunded project in the whole history. Thanks for the free-press I guess. Next stop: 2 million Users & 200$ millions funding.
    I don't doubt. With a self-controlled counter as the only source to show anything, I am pretty sure that CIG will achieve 100 million susers and 1 billion dollars soon enough. Whatever Roberts decide to make that show will be shown. Even that they had just 1 player.
    Well all those alts and troll posting across multiple forums really made it impossible to take you serious. That's thanks to your obsessive trolling, I believe even you can knowledge that. You are the original Smartie lol
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    edited July 2016
    Realizer said:
    [mod edit]
    At first I didn't see the link and was about to ask what the VOIP thing was about. Very amusing. I can imagine a heavily accented voice fading in volume as whatever interstellar drive they use in the game is activated. What a crazy thing to become incensed about if it's true. 

If SC ever launches and is good I will be amazed. Not rooting against it but man it seems like a long shot. 
    Post edited by Vaross on
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    edited July 2016
    Ugh... of course is something that is crazy to be incensed about. I don't know who was incensed about that and then started to harass sexually the devs because of that. Definitely, I never did that. Those crazy SC cultists are unable even to create a story that make any sense. 
    That's why only they, the desperate zealots, will believe in this fiction. The rest simply do not care or if curiousity gets them and they read the bs, will see how ridiculous and hard to believe is that, by the own story itself.
    They just try to make everyone with strong arguments and knowledge about game development and this game development in special to appear crazy when they criticize the game. Its funny because the only thing that they earn with that is to make themselves to appear bad, which could make people to consider to stay away of such community.
    edited July 2016
    Archlyte said:
    Realizer said:
    [mod edit]
    At first I didn't see the link and was about to ask what the VOIP thing was about. Very amusing. I can imagine a heavily accented voice fading in volume as whatever interstellar drive they use in the game is activated. What a crazy thing to become incensed about if it's true. 

If SC ever launches and is good I will be amazed. Not rooting against it but man it seems like a long shot. 
    I have to agree it does look like a long shot, but then again its hardly the foretold disaster that a tiny minority of angry internet anti-cultists would like people to believe. 
    And now he admits that they are in a cult. Well... at least in part they are leaving the denial phase of depression.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:

Haha, this would so make me laugh if it turned out to be reality. It would be equivalent to an $800 million game made by publishers, would it ever look like it's worth $800 million, no fraking way!

• mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216

Nice try but the truth of the matter is if the project was in the desperate straits you hope it to be you wouldn't have to work so hard to attempt to make it true. Deadline after deadline of your foretold SC armageddon has come and gone with nary a sign of trouble, with of course the exception of tiny little anomalies people such as yourself attempt to misconstrue as damning evidence, flying in the face of your so called truth proven to be nothing but hopeful mummery on your part time and time again. There comes a point when such behavior stops being criticism and becomes a blind crusade. A crusade to prove your personal beliefs as the absolute truth regardless of continued evidence to the contrary. And in the end the only thing you really damage is your own arguments credibility as people stop taking you seriously.

Will SC succeed or fail? Not being a psychic I have to say I've no idea. And neither do you. So until they do one or the other, claiming to know for a fact how it will all turn out seems more than a bit disingenuous, not to mention delusional.
    I always laugh when Star Citizen fans talk about 'deadlines'.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited July 2016
      Sad to see my comments were modded even though they are verifiable via other forums history features.  Also, sad to see that even after the announcement that these obvious sabotage threads would be no longer tolerated, they still end up hitting 4+ pages worth of garbage.  

Edit: Post histories are a marvelous thing, same reason Smarty can't hide from his past, neither can Han Solo here. 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    mr1602 said:

Nice try but the truth of the matter is if the project was in the desperate straits you hope it to be you wouldn't have to work so hard to attempt to make it true. Deadline after deadline of your foretold SC armageddon has come and gone with nary a sign of trouble, with of course the exception of tiny little anomalies people such as yourself attempt to misconstrue as damning evidence, flying in the face of your so called truth proven to be nothing but hopeful mummery on your part time and time again. There comes a point when such behavior stops being criticism and becomes a blind crusade. A crusade to prove your personal beliefs as the absolute truth regardless of continued evidence to the contrary. And in the end the only thing you really damage is your own arguments credibility as people stop taking you seriously.

Will SC succeed or fail? Not being a psychic I have to say I've no idea. And neither do you. So until they do one or the other, claiming to know for a fact how it will all turn out seems more than a bit disingenuous, not to mention delusional.
    I always laugh when Star Citizen fans talk about 'deadlines'.
    Hilariously I think we're in agreement there. Neither CR or DS seem to be able to nail down a target date of when something is going to happen to save their lives.

Yup! What's more sad is I think that the person who benefits the least of the two spends the most time trying to predict it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------