Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few days ago I cancel, THEN!

MareliusMarelius Member UncommonPosts: 130
Yesterday my ESO+ expired!

Then I received an email from:

Hi XXXX,

We noticed that you just cancelled your ESO Plus membership, and we'd like to see if we can tempt you back with a special one-time, buy one month, get one month free offer.

As you probably know, there's a lot of cool stuff that comes with ESO Plus membership:

• Access to all DLC Game Packs including Orsinium, the Imperial City, the Thieves Guild and the brand new Dark Brotherhood.
  • 1500 Crowns per 30-day membership to spend in the in-game Crown Store.
  • Access to the exclusive Craft Bag for additional inventory space shared across all characters
  • A 10% bonus to character progression.

If you would take us up on this unique, one-time offer and buy one month of ESO Plus to receive one month free, simply respond to this email. We'll get back to you as soon as possible with more information.  Hurry, as we are only able to offer this deal for a week.

In addition, if there is anything at all we can do to help make your overall ESO experience better, please let us know. We're here to help!

Warm Regards,
Petyr
The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team

At first I thought man they must be having money problems. But then after thinking about a lot of the issues and bugs that have been popping up with new dlc's I started to think this is actually a great PR move. So have to tip my hat and now have 2 months to play and plan to keep sub going after it ends. I really do believe they are trying to fix the game and make it better.
Sometimes it's not always about what you can see or hear but what's under the hood of a game that's most impressive. Between those thousands and thousands of lines of code, magic happens. Sometimes the most amazing feats of gaming wizardry happen without you even noticing.

Rob Manuel

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    That's nothing new, those are their standard subscription benefits.
    i guess you missed the point where they offered him 1 month free for signing up for a month.. which was the point of what he was saying, that he is complimenting them on a great PR move by offering 1 month free to members who recently cancelled
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    What they are essentially giving you is 1500 crowns - the rest costs them nothing not even "bandwidth" since you can continue to play. Enough to pick up the new DLC though.

Somewhat surprised you got the offer so soon. You haven't had chance for "regret" yet - especially as you can continue playing. "Cancel" in the context of ESO isn't the same as "cancel" in the context of e.g. FFXIV. Maybe you have bought zero DLC but have been spending all your time in DLC zones.

And whilst it is a "standard" promotion in a subscription game it must have less value in a b2p game. They are - clearly - trying to make a sub more "rewarding". I doubt it will make you re-subscribe though - you might forget to unsub in the short term I suppose. And I doubt people wiill sub for a month hoping to get a free month!