Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trade Crates

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
Has anyone one of you made some and sold. I am very slow as I don't leave the computer on all the time I am using it with the game running on the tray. I only play a  few hours and my workers only are on when I happen to go AFK fishing. I am about level 20 or so.

See firstly I was thinking of trying since I got about 2 million or so silver. I know a paltry sum. I have invested in the nodes from Olvia to Heidel. I am wondering what would be the best thing to sell some say sunflowers some say carrots on forums older threads from my google search. I was wondering if someone has a better idea on the crop to use. I can sell it at any trader right as long as I have them connected and it has a distance bonus. The traders will accept any trade crate I make ,right ,there is no trader that will refuse it based on not having a demand for the product. How about mushrooms or some other herbs the workers can work from a node?

Then I was also looking at energy processing so anything that requires me to use my own energy would be a poor idea so I have to use the workers as the best way to get a crop or resource as a trade crate. Then I will buy the farm wagon ....do the horses come with it. I have not yet started taming any horses (my next big project to undertake in game). I am still amazed at how many things and details there are to the game

What I love about this game is that I mean I can kill mobs in any game but which game has this much detail in the trading and NPC interaction. It really is such a breath of fresh air in terms of game play in my opinion. Have to caveat that or else I will have people jumping down my throat telling me I am daft and no idea about games.

I also wanted to ask if it is enough as I am not really going to be killing a lot just a few black spirit coops and other quests to get inventory slots whether I need to enhance my gear beyond 10 or so for both weapon and armour and not bother about making them blue and forget yellow. Will I be able to solo the Black Spirit boss quests myself  with these weapons and armour. I will try for Yuria.

Can I run at level 20 to Calpheon or will get killed and respawn in some hellhole? I need to buy the candles for my house for lighting. I am suppose to get the fluorescent ones for more light if I am not mistaken... or is that wrong ?
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2016
    Don't know the answers to all these questions, but I do have a tip- check the horse spawn locations after the maintenance today is done.  That's how I got my tier 3 the second day I started playing.  Having a horse is pretty important.  If you're not on when the maintenance ends, you can probably still find horses- I don't think many people are taming.  I got mine in the spot right near heidel (a little north west on a hill).  Do a search for spawn locations, or there's a quest from the stable guy that shows you some of them.

I haven't tried trading yet.  I just started setting up nodes for passive income, so I can't give you much info there.

Horse wagons do in fact come with horses.  I've read that it's easier just to buy your wagon from the stable then craft it yourself.  Not sure if that's still true.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Once I start playing I get so engrossed at doing amity or just getting contribution points up the time just passes so fast and then I decide to do some afk fishing while I do some housework. That is my main income not mob grinding.

I will try the taming of horses but no I do not intend to make the wagons too. I am going to make a boat to fish though so that is in the horizon far away. Like I said so many things to do and I feel like I am just always wondering what to do next when I log on.

I have to go read up on the horse thing if I want to catch one today thanks for the tip.
    Chamber of Chains
    Oh one more thing do I need to be a certain trading level to be able to sell them my trade crates ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I honestly have no idea about trading.  Glad you're enjoying the game- it is indeed awesome.

I forgot to mention you definitely can run to calpheon if you stick to the roads.  But I would definitely get a horse first.
  • JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I am not into trading, but here is a good guide to horse taming:

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/03/black-desert-online-horse-taming-and-breeding-guide/

I also found a youtube guide for the basics of trading, no clue if it's good or not:

Hope that helps  =)
  • JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Since I don't seem to able to edit my previous post, I just wanna add that stable keepers sell a 2 horse wagon for 180k silver.
    Super thanks
    Chamber of Chains
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    You can get to just about every city safely if you stick to the roads and keep moving. You will never be stuck in some hell hole, since when you die, you always have the option to respawn at the nearest node or city (or on the spot if you have the items to do it). In most areas there won't be mobs near the roads, but there can be in some, hence the reason to keep moving. xD

I'm not sure that the people talking about selling carrots and sunflowers mean to do it in trade crates... I know they sell pretty well on the Marketplace as actual items (because carrots feed horses, and sunflowers are needed to make the bonus xp tea with cooking, which in turn is highly desired by grinders), but it seems like a waste to turn them into crates.

Granted, I haven't done THAT much trading, but when I looked into making crates... the prices were abysmal for a crate that takes a ton of items to make. While the items sell for just as much as the entire crate on the MP individually if you get them to blue quality. Heck, I'm pretty sure a stack of normal, white carrots beats a crate of carrots in profits. (As in as many as it would take to make the crate)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited June 2016
    I'm not only looking to make money but it will be nice to make some. I guess I could sell to the AH but what I'm trying top do is play the game using the systems that are in it to also make money. My main goal isn't just enriching myself as I have little use for high level enchants or gear since PvP is out for me. I could find the most profitable AH item but for now I want to bargain and try to get I hear up to 22 k per crate for sunflowers (person sold from Velia to Glish). I am going to try Olvia to Heidel. See this thread 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/39927-trade-crates/

I was so excited yesterday because I had only like 50 CP which was at zero when I started yesterday and I managed to get using my alts about 63 CP .So I had about 13 to play with but of course you cannot immediately open the crop workbench I had to open a building before that and by the time I was finished had 6 CP left as I needed a carpentry workshop too to make the waterway for the plants as they will most likely need water since Olvia and the area around is hot. I so love the way each area has their own humidity,temperature and topography. Meaning you have to be careful what you plant and where you plant it. Probably most people find this stuff boring and as exciting as watching paint dry but I am stoked.

So my choice is the small fence or the plain one and finally strong which is too rich in CP for me. The small is 3 CP and plain is 6 and strong 10 CP. I am going for the plain I think since one slot will be taken by the waterway. Not putting a scarecrow and unlike the Korean client you cannot set a worker to tend the crops. So placing an alt who I will change to and see how it pans out. I need to buy the best seeds I can find in the AH hope they are not too expensive on my server.

I am really looking forward to this. I found a database and since there are like may be close to 150 over not too sure how many exactly just crops from hot pepper,tulip to nutmeg among others and a mushroom workbench that has some exotic ones is separate so the mushrooms are not included in the crops. In this game the effort put into the details like this is to be honest is rather insane. So many details have been tailored in to the game. The person who created this system must really love this aspect for them to make it so varied and careful with real world needs of plants. I also suppose so many of the plants will never even be grown and see the sunlight but they have their own little icon and cute picture of the crop. I also love how people's plots show up and you can see what the plants look like.

http://bddatabase.net/us/farming/

I  was running around moving my blackstone powder to Olvia for the crates. I might make a refinery there too depending on how well my first plot goes and I will look into growing other crops or even mushrooms.

Thanks everyone for helping me.

ps rather alarming how fast I'm levelling.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
    edited June 2016
    cheyane said:

Not putting a scarecrow and unlike the Korean client you cannot set a worker to tend the crops. So placing an alt who I will change to and see how it pans out. I need to buy the best seeds I can find in the AH hope they are not too expensive on my server.

Actually... you can. It just doesn't go through the worker interface. Instead you need to click the little farm icon near the top left of your screen (in between the housing and the worker icons), and from there you can put a worker to work on your crops. :)

Glad to hear you're having fun! And yes, the level of detail there is great. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Thank you for detailing where the interface is. Asked in game yesterday but guess most thought you could not. I am glad to know you can put a worker on it. I wasted like 40 energy yesterday rolling for a blue worker ...no luck though .
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Thank you for detailing where the interface is. Asked in game yesterday but guess most thought you could not. I am glad to know you can put a worker on it. I wasted like 40 energy yesterday rolling for a blue worker ...no luck though .
    I didn't know it myself until I read Dulfy's guide on farming. Pretty good source for a lot of BDO related stuff. (and many other games for that matter)

edited June 2016
    I was told that the worker part was not implemented in NA/Europe yet because people were watering by hand and placing waterways in strategic locations while planning their fences and placed them in such a way as to minimize the number of bottles and waterways . They also reduced tending the crops and this added time. This was what I read anyway.

One thing to note though farming experience comes from tending the crops mainly.

I will be trying it today. I checked the whole list of crops and was disappointed to see Olives,Paprika and Grapes take two slots so they are out. The finalist are Sunflower which if the market is flooded does reduce in price . So runners up are Garlic and Onions. There is also Nutmeg and Star Anise but I am not sure where to get the seeds. The nutmeg I think is from a 56 level quest so that is out. I will look into the Star Anise which seems to be popular for the desert traveller drink to fight hypothermia.

Edit: Star Anise cannot be made into crates so that price was ah price I think. 
    Chamber of Chains
    edited July 2016
    Confirming that workers do indeed work on the farm. You can actually see them in your plot busily pruning and weeding.

Plain fence with one waterway and seeing the AH prices I bought the seeds in Calpheon and decided to get some garlic , onion and pumpkin too together with some sunflower seeds. I hope to get better ones soon by harvesting the seeds to upgrade the ones I currently have. The cute girl sells normal not withered so it is one step above withered.

By the way here's a video showing you all those products for the house that those special seeds the ones that are more expensive on each seed vendor. They give vases of roses, potted olive plant , baskets of strawberries among other things. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0YExqP1Dt0
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains